1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

DPM after Balance Change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joota, May 24, 2020.

1. Rizset

Rizset Mano

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    6:29 AM
    BlackApe
    Dark Knight
    Is there a reason why certain dpms (SI+SE) melee classes aren't as high as dpm (SE only) melee classes? EX. Shadower which can't even use SI (I think) has below 6m dpm at 180 with (SI+SE), but as over 6m dpm with just (SE)... Maybe I'm readying the graph wrong.

Edit: The image I uploaded and marked is what I'm talking about if it wasn't clear.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    3:29 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    RizsetRizset the numbers are correct but Google Sheets has weird way of showing the numbers. I made the gridlines tighter, and it seems to look more accurate. Lmk if it still looks off!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    12:29 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    How is bucc calculated because the damage is so irregular after transformation

4. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Not sure about how this graph calculated but the theoretical maximum dpm is the average of 2 min of demolition and 1 min of barrage>barrel cancel>energy orb>energy drain. The latter varies a bit based on how good your timing is but I found my untransformed dpm somewhere around 70-80% of my super transformed dpm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    So technically during transformation Bucc is the strongest single target melee class?

6. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    If you're not giving SI to other classes, then yes I think so.

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:29 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Even if other warriors have si, bucc still does higher single target damage (unless its a paladin vs elementally weak monster)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Wait so then why is everyone calling bucc the underdog?

9. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Their cleave damage is extremely poor. Dragonstrike on 4 targets (can hit 6 maximum) is about the same dpm as demolition (which is single target). Snatch is also relatively weak on bosses. You need to hit 3+ mobs in order to get slightly above demolition dpm and in practice is not easy to use when you're uncharged (no stance) since there are no iframes.

I'm not sure if I agree w/ SI bucc single-target dmg outdoes hero/dk. Maybe if you only consider demolition then yes but if you average 2min of demolition and 1min of untransformed, most of the dmg calculation I've seen puts bucc on par with hero/dk. Which I think is more or less fair since buccs cannot cleave and have support skills.

I think the biggest issue with buccs is survivability. They have no dmg mitigation skills whatsoever and are much less efficient to wash than warriors (still better than washing ranged). Unwashed bucc at lv200 is like 10k hp i think which is pretty bad for a melee job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    5:29 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    can i have the comparison when job using onxy apple