1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon's Breath Skill Improvements (4th job Archer)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Caenyss, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    7:46 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Hi,

I have a couple of suggestions to improve Dragon's Breath skill that's available to both BM and MM.

1st suggestion would be to remove the minimum necessary distance from the mob to be able to shoot it.
    The whole concept of this skill is to push monsters away, but it feels like a worse version of the 2nd job skill Power Knock-back, since players can't use it if they can't keep a certain distance from the mobs.

2nd suggestion would be to change the "hit detection system" (if we can call it that).
    Currently, when you use this skill, the monsters that are hit are seemingly random. My suggestion is to make it so this skill hits the monsters that are closer to the player.

You can see on this video, at around 00:34, when I use the Dragon's Breath, there's a closer Zombie that's not hit, but instead it hits a farther away Zombie.

upload_2021-7-20_12-55-23.png

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    8:46 AM
  3. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    11:46 PM
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    +1 This should definitely be looked at, I love Bowmaster Dragon Breath but I use Power KB instead because it's better in general because DB is all over the place haha

4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    So by the looks of it, if they don't accept this change am I better off maxing and using PKB rather than using DB or is DB still better?

5. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    2:46 PM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    +1 .. yes pls, thanks for the suggestion
    this skill name: Dragon Breath or Dragon Pulse looks so stronk
    animation and sounds effect are powerful too..
    u learned it bcoz u wanna Power KB the mobs..BUT u cant do it due to the mobs too close to u
    more like a joke: u need to keep a certain distance to use DB, but with this distance u can str8 shoot them
    lv11 atm..but dunno wat to do with this useless skill :drowning:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Make dragon's breath a magic attack please. :yay:

• Creative Creative x 2
  7. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    9:46 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Double NLs Avenger damage tyvm

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Bump instead of making a new thread.

There are already ranged skills in the game like flamethrower that do not get cancelled when you are standing too close. It shouldn’t be difficult to change and it would make sense since this is a 4th job skill with the sole purpose of knocking back enemies.

when it comes to it grabbing enemies further away rather than the ones close to you, I believe this is due to a quirk in the way ranged skills are coded. If I remember correctly they are programmed to attack enemies based on aggro and spawn order. It might be difficult to change so maybe it would be easier to just increase the maximum targets by 2 or something so it is less noticeable.

Also I’d like the additionally suggest that this be allowed to be cast in the air. It would make it easier to use while grinding and also increase its versatility against flying mobs or ones on higher platforms.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Socollocos

Socollocos King Slime

Oct 9, 2020
    1:46 AM
    Socoli
    Bowmaster
    +1
    It could not create good synergy with arrow bombs because it doesn't activate when monster is too close.

10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:46 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela