1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Droppable Prestigious Coin

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xiaoyaoz, Jan 8, 2022.

Make Prestigious Coin Droppable?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Don't give a fk

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    12:24 PM
    With the addition of the recent Prestigious Coin System, we have 2 new items in game which are the Mysterious Pouch and Prestigious Coin.
    Both of them are unable to drop, presumably to prevent people from accidentally losing them by mistake, especially for new players that don't know what they are.
    However, this has become a nuisance for host when it comes to doing splits since we need to trade every single player.

My suggestion:
    Make Prestigious Coin able to drop but keep Mysterious Pouch unable to drop.

Keeping Mysterious Pouch unable to drop makes sure Coins are always being generated and there will be less accidents on valuables like Pouch 5 which can be converted from WS/CS by a new player.
    Prestigious Coin is relatively much lower in value, so even if a mistakes happen, it wouldn't be as painful as losing a Pouch 5.
    While there may be some Coins lost due to afk players during splits, I argue that will be a rare case and it is the responsibility of the host to make sure people are not afk while doing splits.

Thanks for reading this post and let me know if there are other issues (which I'm probably unaware of) if you choose to reject this.
    Please vote.

2. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    9:24 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    not being able to drop is a security measure against dupe and rwt

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    12:24 PM
    I'm not a code expert but I don't see why this is different from every single item in game.
    For example, why wouldn't I just dupe a billion NT claws and 30% them until +7?
    Both of which are items that can be dropped.
    Besides, every WS/CS used to be able to drop in the past until one day staff decided to make them unable to drop to protect people from accidental mistakes.

On the point of RWT, there is always ways to circumvent if they want to, will droppable Coin makes it any easier?
    Any player with sudden increase of WS/CS can just be cross checked with hours played and bosses ran, something unreasonable should be easily detected.

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:24 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    its not a security measure against dupe, but it is against RWT. If a coin is dropped, its harder to log who picks it up and who dropped it (imagine logging every single item you loot when farming). However, at least for a trade, every single one is logged.

Obviously, having coins not droppable isn't solving the RWT problems, but if the coins were droppable, the RWT problems would probably be a lot worse than they are right now.

• Agree Agree x 3