1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dunas damage reflection adjustment.

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by KurayamiLove, Jan 29, 2019.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:48 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Dunas has paper-thin defenses and low damage besides its slow and easy to avoid teleport attack.
    The only thing keeping you from destroying this boss is his dispell spam, but this tactic of his is nothing more than a cheap strategy to make you lose time and make this boss seems harder. This timewasting tactic can be avoided if a warrior or a buccaneer can keep Dunas away from the ranged classes making them take down its HP quite fast.

Now Dunas has gained damage reflect, dealing 10000 damage to anyone that hits him with any skill (10000 damage per skill and not per hit) something new to make it harder, but I think this wasn't implemented the right way.
    As it is now damage reflects comes before the animation plays making it completely not reactable, you react to hitting it once and losing 10k hp, even more if your class is a rapid-fire one (NL,BM and Corsair) so you either tank it and stop attacking after losing a lot of hp or you play the timer game, which is ok on some bosses like HT, HT has a 3 minute cooldown on all of his dispells and 5 minutes on his dispell. But Dunas has only 45 seconds cooldown on his damage reflection and the buff stays for 20 seconds, so you actually only have 25 seconds to fight it safely, after that you either stop attacking and wait until it decides to use it again or keep attacking and tank one of the reflects.

The fix altho it sounds simple may not be when comes to coding so I would like to as if is possible to delays hi's reflect so it comes after the 2 seconds animation it has. That would give people time to react and stop attacking in time.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    12:48 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I can agree, the animation is too fast for some people and it can be hard to stop attacking with these "fast" skills. I've seen them die instantly. I would also recommend buffing the exp from 1m--> match the other NT bosses since the boss is alot harder now

3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    The problem is not the animation, I will try to put a gif of this when I can. It is very slow its Dunas making a circle around it, like a purple bubble, jsut the reflect comes as soon as the animation begins.

4. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Boss is just a meme atm tbh :roflmao:

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Is there any references (ex: JMS, SEA) where damage reflect from Dunas is in action? Does it right away happen there too or after the animation?

6. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I will say rn, on GMS/reboot, the animations are done BEFORE it activates DR. even they have a good "warning" when to stop attacking

7. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    2:48 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Looking at old EMS footage below, I believe thats how it used to behave.
    I do agree that the warning animation is too short though. We will take a look at newer version of maple and see if Neckson has done anything to address this c:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Neo City is removed from GMS, it is not there anymore. its been gone for the past 6 years, look at bosses like pink bean and cygnus when they do animations

9. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    no offense to other people, but thats pretty noticable to dodge. but yeah the CD of DR should be longer than 45 seconds

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    It is very hard to notice if you got more than 1 person attacking and as you can see the refelct comes before the animation. If is posible to fix it could be one of the custom content like the changed map on HT prehead or many of the NT rewards

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fredaaaaa

fredaaaaa Brown Teddy

Jun 25, 2017
    3:48 AM
    Promise
    bumping this because those with <10k hp would have been dead way earlier MapleF1

12. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    As I said its a meme atm.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    3:48 PM
    Very close run, we took out 98% of the hp, definitely should not be this hard

Attached Files:

14. Keenan

Keenan King Slime

Jun 1, 2018
    Male
    USA
    3:48 PM
    Keenan
    Damn so close! You guys killed 98% of his HP bar. Darn that damage reflect!

15. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    we killed it, with kenny and my bishop 15secs before maintenace

16. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Okay, after further looking into the issue with mob skill delays, it turns out that there were no such mechanisms in place to properly apply the skill after playing the initial casting animation. This included all types of mob skills including the damage reflection mentioned here.
    But now, I can proudly announce that its been addressed and mob skills should only be applied after monster casts it.
    [​IMG]
    The fix will be applied next restart c:

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
  18. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Awesome job

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    7:48 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    So does Dunas still have a slight delay between Purple bubble and DR activation? It seems so fast and very hard to stop hurricane as an archer.

20. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    Yes, there's a considerable delay. It's very safe to hurricane at Dunas as long as you pay attention.

• Agree Agree x 2