1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy First-Char Journal - Low NX, Lightly-Washed White Knight

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Cak33, May 4, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:26 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Updated summary in 2nd post, for lvl 31-50 portion

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Day 22: Spent the entire lvl 54 in Burnt Land V, got a good amount of mesos :)
    Also hit lvl 55

Current Status:
    [​IMG]

Loots shown in current status image (last 8 rows, excluding aluminum bat and one of the korean fans) are obtained at my last 10% exp. Pretty lucky imo, I've spent 20-30% exp and gotten only 4-5 EQs.

lvl 55: +5 STR

HP Washed 1x
    lvl 55: +3 Threaten

Upcoming Goals:
    Make even more mesos. I need to break the FM-lock asap, don't wanna be bounded to a lionheart (or onyx blade w/o STR/Atk shield) until level 70 :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:26 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Rules can be broken, pride is silly anyway.

Keep it up!

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Gonna see how long I can struggle until I can't take it anymore xDD

• Like Like x 1
  5. GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    2:26 AM
    FatBlunts
    I don't really like the idea of "ironman" or "fm locked" as a challenge. Yea it's harder, but it doesn't make the game more fun in any way. I'm a new player to legends and started following this journey of yours to guide me along with being new to this server. But with my experience in Maple-Merching from other servers, I quickly used the FM to my advantage. Either bought/sold items to gain profit or farm mobs/quests to sell rewards. This itself is part of the game and a challenge, so I would never see myself trying to an Ironman challenge, sounds like hell lol.

It depends on the intent of your Journal. Are you doing a "noob sim" or "ironman"?
    If you're trying to accurately depict the struggles of being a new casual legends player, FM locking seems like torture and something a new player wouldn't do. Just my opinion, might not mean shit but, I can imagine having such a low range is hindering your performance and not emulating the experience of upgrading gear with game progression accurately.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Initially I was doing a "noob sim".
    But I realized, there's alot of aspects about being a noob sim that can go haywire, so I proposed the FM lock to lazily simulate all sorts of owling bad lucks at once.

I met a newbie fighter in Eos Tower yesterday, who had bought a 3m maple sword, with 45 wa. Does maple sword cost that much? I have no idea. But a quick owl on lionheart got me a 800k 72wa lionheart, 1m 69wa lionheart and a 1.2m 67wa lionheart.

For any newbie starting out, I do HIGHLY recommend you to FM. But as with any human-controlled market goes, prices goes up and down. Using the example said above, if I have netted myself a 72wa lionheart for 800k, the things that I could have done will actually change alot, and not everyone can reference and follow along. Lionheart prices may increase or decrease as time passes and newbie incomes is very little, its very hard for me to justify all these prices changes unless you already have a decent way of saving/making mesos, which I justify it as buying a zhelm, imo the most important item newbie warriors needs (8m is a really tall order).

But perhaps for those who are following my guide, I should add a footnote to encourage FMing for items whenever possible. And probably add the items that I would have obtained from FM, if I did not FM locked myself, before the summary appears on 2nd post.

EDIT: On a side note however, not having a weapon upgrade at lvl 50 seems really unrealistic. I'll perhaps break the rule at some point and either scroll a 7x 60% on my lionheart, or get a clean japanese map. Thanks for the valuable feedback :DD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Day 23: I give in, and bought myself a japanese map ||oTL
    Did EPMs at a bunch of areas with the new weapon, and found new training spots to go for.

Did not level, so current status stays pretty much same

Paid 599k (to seller) + 600k (my main) for a 64wa japanese map.
    I could have alternatively did a +7 100% on my lionheart, netting a 62wa. Might have been a better financial choice ||oTL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comparing it with 60% 2h sword on pricing
    [​IMG]

Went for the most expensive route
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I do not miss at GS1. On GS5 however, with sniper pills, my hit rate is about 70% ish

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Day 24: Tons of grinding in both GS1 and GS5, managed to get a level up :D

Mesos gain in gs1 and gs5 is actually slower than burnt land V. Most likely due to the huge pot burn im experiencing right now.
    But I won't go back to Burnt Land V, gonna try to hit 5k HP and start using honster.

Current Status
    [​IMG]

lvl 56: +5 STR

HP Washed 3x
    lvl 56: +1 Threaten (MAX), +2 Sword Booster

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Day 25, 26 & 27:
    Not much progress. Been hitting GS1 and gained till about 50%+ exp

My mesos isn't growing much, and im pretty bored of the grind in GS1 now. Maybe I should just head down to OPQ

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Day 28: Lots of GS1, and leveled up :D
    Really bored of GS1 grinding tho ngl. Moving my char to OPQ for some fun

Meso growth really sucks. Any ideas for maps? Since the challenge includes not being able to FM them, preferably just maps with high equip drop rates.
    If its all bad den, i'll prolly have to return to burnt land V :(

Current Status
    [​IMG]

Lvl 57: +5 STR
    Lvl 57: +3 Booster

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Not having a zak helm really holds you back huh. FoG could be good but it might be a tad early, otherwise some of the Mu Lung maps are nice too and you can check up on PPQ when you're there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Day 29:
    Did some OPQ with a group today, and managed to level up!!!

[​IMG]

Didnt add any AP/SP yet, and well, server went maintainance so...
    The next status update gotta wait.

Got the rage buff today during my OPQ runs and dang, my danage probably went up by about 25%. I'm guessing its a maxed rage.
    Probably because I was too used to using my Hero, I took rage for granted and didn't think much of it.

Well guess thats a good time for me to start stockpiling coke pillz

Goals after maintainance:
    - NEW HAIR AND COSTUME!!!
    - I'm still thinking about it but, I may break the FM rule again by scrolling one of my clean capes for STR. The lack of zhelm and wa gloves have a really, really huge impact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Read the patch notes. Theres really alot of buffs for people trying to start out on this maple journey.

Zak helm well... im giving up on it unless LMPQ is actually really good in mesos. time to get Lord Pirate Hat.

Also, I'll try to complete OPQ goddest wristband before moving on to PPQ.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Day 30 & 31:

!!! ANNIVERSARY COSMETICS !!!
    Finally the day had arrived, and I managed to get some points to make myself look nicer :)

Did lots of PPQ and some PBPQ for points. PPQ is much easier than PBPQ.
    Some tips for myself when going to PPQ:
    - Collect all the Ginseng & Bellrose Concentrate. They function similarly to Ginseng Roots.
    - Collect sundews when people ignore them. Please do not steal chairs or cards tho, and if done by accident, negotiate a price to pay up.

Also, PPQ is both faster and more pot saving compared to OPQ imo. The better area to grind exp.

Current Status:
    Took a picture with my buddy Bellerose :D

[​IMG]

lvl 60-61: +5 STR
    lvl 60: +3 Sword Booster
    lvl 61: +2 Sword Booster (MAXED), +1 BW Mastery

Also, got the first lord pirate hat.
    [​IMG]

This lord pirate hat makes my life ALOT easier. More dex and more damage, really helps out with both my low damage and accuracy issue.
    If possible, it will be really great to see a similar hat selling in an NPC for 2-5 mil, and perhaps maybe +8-10 total stats. Even with 0 upgrade slots, its pretty worth buying imo.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    The new Pirate hats are a very great addition to your journal, most of the upgraded PQ gear is really

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Day 31 Continuation:
    Will edit this in my post later, but I've decide to totally break off the FM rules after obtaining the first Lord Pirate Hat.

Decided to shop for 16 30% Cape STR, only to pass 1 and boom 15.
    Mesos Before:
    [​IMG]

Mesos After, and using 2x scrolls:
    [​IMG]

Pepehand results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Obviously I wasn't happy with this result. Emotions got the better of me, I decided to shop for 10x 70%, and threw on my other capes.
    Nice overview of my cape and mesos:
    [​IMG]

Spent 900k for a 10 STR cape.
    Not too bad.... I guess?

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Agreed. Tho OPQ is pretty tough to do, so I may consider skipping the gloves.

18. GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    FatBlunts
    I did all 20 in about 5 hours. Just needs a good party with a decent leader. If they +4 or +5 you have a 11/13 att glove so i feel like its super worth the time. If you have a smooth brain party it is horrible though, i feel that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    2:26 PM
    it sure is a damn good hat apart from zhelm, wish my old hat had the same stat as the new one

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    OPQ pretty worth for points, but yeah: it’s probably the PQ where having an organized leader makes the biggest difference. I’d still try and give it another chance, for all of EXP, points, and the Wristband.

• Agree Agree x 1