1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Either make multi-computer boss multiclienting bannable, or revert the multiclienting restrictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Selquin, May 27, 2020.

what to do?

1. Ban all boss multiclienting

2. Make boss multiclienting unrestricted

3. Keep it as it is right now(multiple computer allowed)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:56 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Who needs 1 man HT with 6 clients, when you can just have a throw back to 2017 when a Shad soloed HT cus everyone else DCed xD I'd much rather see that again

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    1:56 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    who would ever be dumb enough to do that lol right nanop33nanop33

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    2:56 AM
    Shadower
    nanop33nanop33 couldn't be me tbh

4. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    10:56 AM
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    Acts like nobody else does it, real clown confirmed haha.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    4:56 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    So it’s ok just because everybody else does it SeemsGood. Not even the point of the thread but I’ll never agree that it’s ok to take multiple buyers on the same run. Especially the clowns that take multiple buyers and advertise “free reloots”.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    10:56 AM
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    Buyers choice not your choice they know what they sign up for.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Real talk tho like my opinion on this is the only super mule abusable thing is HH at horntail and these dex buccs shenanigans since horntail is supposed to be the big end game boss (until pb one day??) and having a bunch of HH mules and mules just makes it a joke so I feel like multi client shouldnt be allowed there, but at stuff like scar/zakum like sometimes u just want your mule to get some helms to scroll and when you're like some stupid high level like me like you won't wana pay for a helmet since I want some sick helmet so I'm gonna need multiple runs for that, but asking your friend to kill la few scars for you because you can't go inside on a mule and attack is kinda rude. I guess its abusable at zakum so people can get that dank 0 potion 15 res zakum helmet but is that really a bad thing. It really only helps out low levels that don't wash and that's not a bad thing lol. At neo tokyo sometimes its hard to find a DK or archer that wants to do it so bringing mules there is nice since I feel like its content made for smaller players, the most abusable thing I see is every account getting coins, but I feel like thats fixable since during christmas PQ people got less coins if they were multi clienting so I feel like that's one way to fix that.

Personally I wouldn't start to invite weak people to stuff like scar/neo tokyo/cwkpq if muling is banned there instead I'd just not do the content lol, while in Horntail I feel like people would be more open in making bigger squads if can't bring HH mules or dex buccs. So overall I think it would be best to ban muling at horntail only and make it more strict so people can't just go on another computer to bring their mules because that just defeats the purpose of this change.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Why is making HT squads bigger a priority? Do people that are 'not being included in runs' not have the ability to coordinate their own runs?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    That is very true. HT was also not intended to be a boss people run daily... Before Big Bang (in the servers I played at least), we ran HT once or twice a month... and we were one of two guilds able to kill it. It was hard af. Dex buccs and HH mules take all difficulty out of a challenge.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Not to say that HH mules and dex buccs don't help, but don't fool yourself into thinking this wouldn't happen without mules. There are many people who can easily run HT with 5 or less people on a daily basis with or without mules. The people in GMS had limited access to HP washing, worse equipment, and inferior HT skill.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Honestly it just highlights a lack of experience for new runners. Without the security the mules provide, they are more likely to fail. Established groups/runners that already know how to get the job done carry on as always.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Before big bang, people were also only like 12-15 years old. Expecting same level of gameplay for the sake of nostalgia from a now much older audience is naive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    They also didn't have holy shield blocking seduce, which is huge. Even with both arms active right now on ML, we can still cleave multiple parts for more effective damage, whereas in GMS not killing the arms last would be pretty suicidal. That counts for a lot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    I know it would happen with or without mules, but your last sentence makes the perfect argument for why they are not necessary :)

15. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    HT timer is 2hrs here, 12hrs in GMS (unless youtube is lying to me)

16. DivineArrow

DivineArrow Horny Mushroom

Aug 3, 2017
    Israel
    11:56 AM
    DivineArrow
    Bowmaster
    Essence
    Me and my wife play from the same IP ( 2 computers, same internet , hell, even same cable with a splitter)
    what you are saying is, that if we both log in and boss together, we get banned.
    nice suggestion.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    This is a strawman of the pro-ban position(of which I don't hold anyways). If the staff wanted to go in that direction, they can declare boss MC bannable and implement their bans in such a way that innocent ppl will never get banned. Simply playing on the same internet with 2 computers will obviously not get you banned. Just think of how staff handles account sharing bans.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    That means that only people that get caught will get banned, still seems unfair and it gives alot more work for the GMs, which dont forget, are volunteers.

19. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Idk I highly doubt level 180+ people are going to be risking account bans for 10-20 minute faster HT runs. Especially if it’s some rule where everybody on the run faces some punishment and players start self policing.

20. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    Well, dont forget it doesnt apply only to HT.
    It also applies to zak and scar which low lvls can run it as well, would they have to search every zak and scar run as well?
    I think its a mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.