1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Enable CPQ please =p

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by shlomi, Jun 8, 2020.

1. shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    12:20 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Shadower, Marauder, Buccaneer, Corsair
    LPQ is fun and all but getting 5-6 people with those low EXP rates is nearly to impossible
    I spend hours just waiting for assassin to come LPQ

CPQ provides 2v2 with a great EXP for the hardest levels, this can easily enlarge the amount of new players that won't quit because leveling 30-70 are way too hard

UPDATE:
    If the only problem is the trade wins thing then how about making the EXP gain from win/lose the same for both?

i hate to say it but LPQ is dead, there are not enough people to make PQ,
    more over, it require to have at least 1 assassin and 1 mage.
    mages are common but assassin are very hard to find over there

• Disagree Disagree x 10
  2. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    11:20 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    No.

3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Won't be accepted mostly because people would trade matches to gain more EXP, which in turns makes it toxic and non-community friendly.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:20 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I'd only want CPQ if it gave no additional experience for winning/losing. It would still be a great option to level at 30-50 with the high spawn rates and efficient map layout. This way you could still have the competition of trying to beat your friends without that trade win stuff.

EDIT: can't ignore the fact that LPQ would be even more difficult to do if everyone at those levels went to CPQ instead

5. OP
    OP
    shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Shadower, Marauder, Buccaneer, Corsair
    why do you think it is a non-community friendly? i have made most of my friends on CPQs trade wins
    why is it toxic to get EXP? i don't understand the argument for that, this is one of the biggest points of the game, make EXP and leveling o.o

Last night i spent 2 and a half hours just waiting for Assassin to come LPQ, when he came, we could only make 1 LPQ before everyone already had to go.
    2.5 long long hours of waiting
    GMS could easily handle LPQ because they had 10k+ hourly active users, you could always fill a party
    but with 1.5k hourly active players this is nearly impossible

Also, where can you train those levels? teddies give you only 0.09% each kill at level 36, if you cannot hit multiple targets there is no other place to train then LPQ

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    5:20 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    In the thread "MapleLegends Features", Kimmy wrote the following on why the server does not want Monster Carnival added in:

I agree that LPQ sucks tremendously, and I would never put myself through that crap voluntarily unless I have 5 friends, but even then during covid there are so many new players that there aren't enough channels to accommodate. Much prefer to do quests or grind at platoon chronos/straw target dummies. Also I think if there's a level range that needs help, it's 80-120, 2nd job is still relatively gentle with the best maps in the game (MP3 and GS series) to help.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    7:20 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    You know what? I would like to see CPQ modified into a seasonal event PQ. Change the background, change the mobs, change the rewards, make it normal attack only etc. That way we can still experience the "competitive" fun of CPQ without leeching players away from LPQ.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Interesting way to introduce CPQ, event only seems interesting.

9. Kitt

Kitt Wolfspider Retired Staff

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    5:20 PM
    FirstAidKitt, KittMakesADK
    Dragon Knight, Bishop
    Are we now hurting for LPQ runs? When I was in LPQ level range, it was so packed: Every channel was full and people were selling LPQ tracks. :confused:

10. OP
    OP
    shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    I dono which LPQ you guys did but this is impossible
    last night i waited 2 hours for a sin, the night before that 2.5
    right now, i am alone with 1 afk person at ch1 LPQ

11. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    5:20 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    If that's the case, you may find it a better use of your time to go grind or do quests.

12. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    10:20 PM
    There's an event right now with 40% bonus exp below level 120. Typically no one does PQ when there's an event with bonus exp because it's more efficient to grind.

13. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    4:20 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Limit the CPQ attending times per user is good idea if possible (Ex: 5 times/ a day or 6 times/ day.)
    Also it could come as ticket which collectible from hunting mobs or doing PQ, like reward randomly from PQs reward box or extra fixed reward after finished PQs at the count or random rate (Ex: 3 PQs done for 1 ticket).
    Match peoples by their attack range not level. ( THIS RULE ONLY APPLIES TO DEXLESS, LUKLESS, STRLESS-users LOL )
    Limit attending count per IP address (Ex: max 8 times / a day or 12 times). Bananable if attempt to breach.

Please implement Cpq for LvL100+ please, we need some thing to do together so we could make some friend, only 2 PQs a day could alleviate our lonely LvL100+ life a lot.