1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Bonus EXP for Parties

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Joolahn, Jul 26, 2018.

Would you like to see Event Party Bonus EXP?

1. Yes

88.9%
  2. No

11.1%
  1. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    4:55 PM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    It's been great seeing the ML staff put effort into making other non-meta maps a viable option for training, especially those good for party training - and I thought it'd be a good time to voice an idea I'd been thinking about.

Concept: Provide an event EXP bonus for party training. Here, bonus EXP is awarded from monsters killed by the player, while in a party. This could be used in conjunction with existing event bonus EXP or exclusively.

Purpose: Increase collaboration between players by making party training at a larger map a more attractive option (e.g., MP3 or even FoG compared to GS2) while creating a disincentive for AFK-leeching.

Relating to leech: This EXP bonus does not apply to EXP earned by party members, meaning leech would be wholly unaffected by the bonus (aside from the bishop/arch mage attacking).

Relating to current event bonuses: Applying this bonus at the same, current rate as current event bonuses would be a significant downgrade (as with the Event Party EXP Bonus you're only getting the bonus EXP from your kills and not that of your party's), so the bonus percentage would need to be adjusted slightly.

Final Note: This is especially helpful as an event bonus because the number of active players usually spikes during events. As a result, new and returning players are more likely to interact with other players through training and the general player base can find alternatives to the now inaccessible high-in-demand maps.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    7:55 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    The problem would be that people could add mules to their parties just to increase their experience while still solo grinding. You would want this bonus to only apply if your party members are not AFK, but I do not know how difficult that would be to implement.

3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    It is a very neat idea. Although I don't see this affecting the leeches that much. It does give people the incentive to train in party over buying leech during their playtime, but those who buy leech will still buy leech during their down time, assuming the biggest reason why most people buy leech is that they want to make use of their down time to afk their characters for leech. Since people have already been buying leech during non-event time, not having the bonus event exp won't necessary stop them from not buying leech at all.

At the end, I like this idea and support it. It'll be a good small step in the direction of encouraging people to train instead of buying leeches.

4. OP
    OP
    Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Good point; I have a few things I should elaborate upon here:
    1. Bonus should only apply when in a party where the members are within a co-training level (they take away a portion of your EXP from your kills).
    2. While in that party, the bonus should not make your total EXP from the kill more the monsters normal EXP + the otherwise normal event bonus EXP.
    3. Overall, hopefully this shouldn't be too much of an issue. With the appropriate Bonus EXP %, adding a mule should have you end up with the same overall bonus EXP as the regular event bonus (so training should be much faster if you don't just plop a mule on your map).

Yeah, I mentioned leech would be "wholly unaffected," but hopefully the training incentive might have more people opt to grind in a party instead!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  5. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    Is this codeable?

6. OP
    OP
    Joolahn