1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Idea

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Ryan, May 5, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    1:23 AM
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    Okay, so I know we aren't currently doing in-game events because we want this server to be GMS-like and we don't really know what the prizes should be due to our fluctuating economy, but I have a suggestion.

So... I think we should have a week long event in which every day during this week-long event one of the GM's will host an in-game event. In this in-game event, the winner(s) will gain EP (event-points) and these EP's will be used to determine the winner at the end of the week-long event.

I know there are many factors to this that have to be determined, but I think this should be up to you guys. I am going to list some of these debatable factors and I will also provide my suggestion for them.

1) The whole event doesn't have to last a week. It could last 2 weeks, 10 days, etc. I just think that one week is a reasonable amount of time.
    2) There doesn't have to be one event a day. In fact, I think it would be a better idea for there to be 2 a day BUT you can only participate in one of them. The reason for this is because not everyone is always at their computer screen so if they miss the earlier event, they have the opportunity to play in the 2nd event. Also, I think that the times of these in-game events should be announced in advance so we can plan ahead.
    3) What kind of in-game events should be hosted? Well this is definitely up for debate, but I suggest there to be simple, short events. These include JQ's (my favorite), Roulette, True/False, etc. I am against events such as fashion shows and Hide and Seek because these take a while and are tend to be quite boring (but once again, this is up to you guys.)
    4) How should EP's be distributed? Well, I think for JQ events there should be 3 EP to 1st place, 2 EP to 2nd, and 1 EP to 3rd. For other events in which there is 1 winner, it should be 3 EP.
    5) Most important is the prize distributed at the end of the event, what should they be? Well I don't think any of the prizes should be anything that benefits a player in the P2W aspect of the game. So, some of the prizes should include chairs, a plentiful amount of NX (However, this NX can only be spent on clothes/character appearances so a player doesn't have an unfair advantage), etc. I don't really have many ideas for prizes so this has to be determined by you guys.

So that's it pretty much... I just think we need a break from grinding and farming and should have a feature in this server that makes it unique.

I spent a lot of time writing this so please post feedback/don't shut this idea down right away.

Happy Mapleing!
    ~Ryan

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    7:23 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I think the reason why people shutdown event suggestions so quickly is that most of the time they're nothing like GMS v62 and below events. Also, we see a lot of suggestions requested as soon as the going gets rough out of pure laziness. From what I've read of your suggestion, it's not to far from what I've seen in GMS. I don't disagree with adding some variety to the daily maple life.

However, i have some concerns:
    1. For this to be fair for everyone there will need to be an announcement before the event happens. This also mean what ever the date/times that are posted, one of the GM's have to be available. (This is more of a concern for the GM's then anything)
    2. The rewards... does there even need to be an reward? I don't even recall rewards being handed out ever in GM hosted event in GMS. Just the experience of being in the same map as a GM and having the whole community come together was rewarding enough. Some times bragging rights is all you need to satisfy a player. Having a server wide message announcing the winners name of a competitive jump event might be all you really need.

3. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    1. Well like I said, the GM's will discuss times that they can be available to host events (twice a day for about 15 minutes, pretty simple) and they have to post them on the forums to inform us. I don't think that this will be a problem because hosting events isn't much of a hassle.
    2. Honestly, there does have to be a reward. In GMS, being in the same map as a GM was very rare and being acknowledged by the whole community was way different because there were many thousands of people on at a time, which is insane compared to our 100. Like I said, the reward can be something small and simple such as a rare chair, but there does have to be an incentive other than just bragging rights.

4. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Why?

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    That's just what I think, bragging isn't really enough when the server is small. I would still do the events whether there would be a reward or not, as would everyone else, it just adds more excitement to winning.
    But seriously I'm just posting my ideas this should all be up to the community as a whole and my opinion is just a fraction of what we have to consider.

6. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    10:23 PM
    NSFW
    how.. original? o_o

we should have actual events instead. because those are not events anymore. they are annoyances

i do like the idea of week-long events with cumulative points though. maybe the winner can get a certain amount of donor nx or something

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Someone had to say it! This is very true. Every other private server I've played had these exact same events. @NSFW@NSFW is right, they're not original at all.

• Like Like x 3
  8. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    10:23 PM
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    The rewards we get would probably be unfair

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Exactly. I can think of plenty of good alternatives but i don't see this being implemented so i won't bother.

10. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    8:23 AM
    Bad idea , sorry

11. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:23 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    its so common because its fun, most people who are good at it enjoy it, others hate it because they fail. JQ takes some skill, something that maple lacks imo.. ><

On topic - I approve of this idea, a break from the constant grind would be nice, but I do think the prizes should be untradable chairs, for personal use.

Like someone above me said, the prize on GMS was boasting about being on a map with a GM as well as having your name announced to thousands, yet sitting on a chair you won in front of people unable to give it away or sell it, making it your own forever also gives the same effect as the previous two imo. You gain nothing but a sense of victory and heck yeah, you can show off your chair xD

12. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Was this how it was in GMS?

13. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    No, but it gives the same effect, no advantage. Sure this is meant to be exactly like GMS but whats the issue with giving a chair to someone to sit on, unable to trade or gain advantage from it?

14. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    What if someone else would like to also obtain that same chair but wasn't logged on for that particular event?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    1:23 PM
    The usual XO/RR/JQ events sure aren't original, but they're still fun to do once in a while (of course if they are hosted once a week, we'll get bored soon).

Week long events like he suggested is not bad. It can easily be made GMS-like where at the start of the month (or couple of weeks before) GM releases an announcement on the upcoming month's activity, so people are informed beforehand. Rewards are always flexible and can be easily changed, up to the admin's choice, so I think rewards are never the problem.

For me events can be of any style. As long as it isn't ridiculous, we can give it a go.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    @Tech@Tech They'd have more chances in the future. Its not like its the only event in the server rofl. Its not that big of a deal, thats like saying "I killed this boss when he wasn't on and got an Ilbi drop" Would that be unfair? or would the player who was offline go and kill it later on hoping for the same drop >.>

17. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Haha. Nah man. Not even a close comparison. You're assuming events will be as common as killing a boss. You're not getting anywhere with that argument.

18. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Obviously the event will be announced before it happens, possibly the day before. Even if they do an event for each timezone. I just think that not doing an event because some players might miss it is a little bit... eh.

19. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    You're all over the place. Nobody is saying we shouldn't do an event because someone will miss it. As a matter of fact, if you read the #2 post you will see you're just repeating what i already said about the announcements. We were talking specifically about the rewards. Were we not?

20. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    No idea, its 3AM. All I know is I agree with this and the reasons against it completely won't be that strong. C: