1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Idea

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Ryan, May 5, 2015.

1. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    3:07 PM
    Snail
    Seems like the same thing on every other server.... and the events would only last not even half an hour, you're just piling them and calling them a single event. I'm not against the week long (heck I prefer month long) event thing, but separating them into small events doesn't do much good. If it was something like one week scavenger, one week caption/banner/irl craft event I'd be up for it if it lasted a couple of weeks. And not just one winner kinda thing, but maybe the EP converted into some sort of nx cash similar to donation cash that you can only get certain items with. Either that or predetermined items(nx or not) like charms, elixirs, maybe a scroll for higher EP points or something. Even if it was just to show off your EP and it did little to nothing, but having it how you described seems to me just like having a whole bunch of small events daily like every other server, but calling it something else.

Idk...maybe an altered version...

2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:07 PM
    NSFW
    maybe it was fun at a point.. i guess?

3. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    9:07 PM
    These posts don't help... Might as well have put '+1' so it reads quicker for me.

As for the topic on events, I prefer long-termed events with participation rewards and bragging rights for winners. Example: one week scavanger hunt to collect a certain amount of goodies. If you're really going for it, you can keep collecting them and be the week's best hunter (perhaps a small reward for that, but really small). Everyone that reached the goal gets a fair reward.

4. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    WOW! nice feedback sir, appreciate it.
    I don't know if you get the idea of this post but it is to discuss your ideas and thoughts on how to make this possible event better.

As to everyone else, I agree the events I said were very repetitive with other servers but that's cause I'm not creative... These events can be anything honestly. I just like the idea of a long event consisting of many mini-events in which you gain points from each mini-event you win.

But I also like the idea of a week long scavenger hunt... Sounds challenging yet rewarding.

And I agree with Aero with the reward being a non-trade-able chair. That way it is similar to the GMS-like bragging satisfaction of winning an event without the player gaining an unfair advantage over others.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    BUMP
    Wanna get more feedback from others on this idea.

6. Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    First jump quest was actually hosted the other day. 5 winners got nx according to placement. Not sure if you are aware

7. Illusion

Illusion Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:07 PM
    Illusion
    Hermit
    we really need to undergo some week-month long GMS-like events that require you to do special quests, collect special etc, or stuff like that

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    I've suggested a scavenger hunt before, I don't disagree that's a bad idea, but that's a singular event over a long period of time, not several.

9. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    8:07 PM
    Liam
    Warrior
    I personally like this idea. I like the league tables sort of approach to it. I think prizes should be rare chairs but wouldn't be opposed to rare in game items as long as they aren't OP. For me my favorite type of event however is those seasonal collecting events where you acquire a few of an etc and trade it in for cool stuff. That'd be the events I'd like to see, stuff like easter, summer, halloween and Christmas.

10. Toki

Toki Brown Teddy

May 16, 2015
    Female
    5:07 AM
    Toki
    Gunslinger
    Risque
    I am am Australian, and I have school commitments. Ideally, to have multiple that are staggered but you can only participate in one would be my preference, hopefully on the weekend too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crazade

Crazade Red Snail

May 19, 2015
    9:07 PM
    GM hosted events (no GM buff events) once per week is a must Imo. Getting NX is already beyond hard, and I don't see how it would kill the server or give advantages over others (other than people might miss it because they are not online; GMs can announce it in that case). Monthly events should be fine too. What are you guys all on with "very small rewards" only? I don't know what is referred by that statement but the reward should be decent enough to make it even worth the time participating.

just my 2 cents

12. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Participation limited to once per event isn't something I'd like to see included.

I'd like to see everyone participating, regardless if they have participated before.

I think the fairest way of allowing this to happen, is making it so that you can only win 1 prize per account(?) per event. - Account meaning person, if you have multiple accounts.

Winning an event twice in a row, but only getting rewards for one, gives you some nice bragging rights, since you not only beat everyone else once, but twice.

Also, as for the rewards for the events, personally I'd like perhaps some specific NX which can only be obtained through events, or as someone else said, a chair which cannot be obtained any other way.

Even earning lets say, 50k NX for winning an event, this is a good idea imo since it gives us a very nice incentive to actually participate. Also 50k NX since there is no other way to earn NX apart from 5k every 24 hours via voting. Albeit there are donor points, but you can't spend it on the same things currently.

Possible other rewards could include miracle scrolls, but this would be dependant on the server as a whole and not solely based off my opinion. I think this'd be a good way, as events are events. They occur then aren't meant to re-occur for a while. This wouldn't bring in a shit-ton of miracle scrolls, it'd bring in a couple, which would be used to scroll some godly items.

13. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    A possible idea for a reward is a pass that allows you to travel between towns without having to go on a boat/subway/plane...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    Liam
    Warrior
    I think that's a great reward it isn't op but motivating enough to make you want to take part

15. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:07 PM
    NSFW
    bring back big puff daddy

[​IMG]