1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(EXP) hair discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luo Bin, Apr 28, 2017.

How much did you spend to get your desired hair?

1. I got lucky 2.1-10k nx

35 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. Quite quickly 10-25k nx

15 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. Average 25-50k nx

24 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. Bad luck 50k-75k nx

31 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Really unlucky 75k-120k nx

23 vote(s)
    16.5%
  6. Absurdly unlucky, over 120k nx

29 vote(s)
    20.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Luo Bin

Luo Bin Orange Mushroom

Feb 23, 2017
    康定
    2:05 PM
    Pok Gai
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Hi, I want to start off by saying that this is not a QQ-thread. I'm curious if this is first of all normal and second, if anyone minds this at all.

The reason for me creating this thread is because I just spend over 40k nx and still haven't gotten the one I wanted. I also found how much more different EXP hair there is in comparison to other servers in a single town. That makes the chance less likely to get your hairstyle. So I started asking around and my friend spend over 120k nx to get his desired hairstyle. And other friends in between 80 and 120k nx.

Sure Nexons top desire was to make money, but I don't think spending well over 120k is the way it should be. Normally speaking there would be 7 hair styles in a single town iirc. There's even hair styles I got in Ludi that were not mentioned in the beauty guide (speculating they're available for VIP).

So my question to you is, this normal? Are all of my friends just insanely unlucky, or do we in fact need a change?

2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    What hairstyle did you get that isn't mentioned in the Beauty Parlor Guide? SlimeShocked

3. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    What hairstyle are you trying to get if I may ask? (I don't have much to say on this topic bc I've been fairly lucky myself, I'm just curious)

4. OP
    OP
    Luo Bin

Luo Bin Orange Mushroom

Feb 23, 2017
    康定
    Pok Gai
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    6:05 AM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    It took me almost 2 months of nx to get the hair I wanted ... at least I have scrolling luck

• Like Like x 2
  6. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    3:05 PM
    10-25k most of the time MapleF15

7. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    9:05 AM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    100k + on ApplePie's hair
    150k+ on Feel's hair

I have the worst luck...

8. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    3:05 PM
    Sean
    130k nx to get the exp hair i wanted 1 year ago, 1 ticket to get exp hair i wanted some months ago

9. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    190k for hero, first ticket for my current bishops hair
    :thinking:

10. Beagle

Beagle Horny Mushroom

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Swoopin
    Assassin
    Toilet
    I got somewhat lucky from the sounds of it, got my hair on about my fifth day of voting.
    Super good feeling when you click that button and you finally get the one you want.

11. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Feel'sBadMan

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:05 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Spent like 60 tickets to get my hair...

If you do the math, assuming an exp parlor has 20 different hairstyles (most of which are crap btw) that's a 5% chance to get what you want.

So say you try up to 20 times and spend 42k nx. There's a 65% chance you will have gotten it, but a 35% chance you won't.

If you try 40 times, there's an 88% chance you'll have gotten it by then, but a 12% chance not.

If you try 60 times, there's a 95.4% chance you'll have gotten it by then, but a 4.6% chance not.

So in other words, 1 in every 21 players seeking a specific hairstyle get ROYALLY screwed over.

This system has never seemed fair to me. It was designed by Neckson to milk as much cash from players as humanly possible.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

1:05 PM
    Took me MONTHS of nx for Twintails (definitely over 200k nx), about 30k for Curly Stream, and 2 tickets for Female Dream Catcher

Would be interesting to make EXP-only hairs have equal chance in all salons.

Some places like Kerning City have ~21 hairstyles while other places such as Floating Market have much less. :shamemb:
    Therefore making a hairstyle such as Curly Stream from Kerning City much rarer than Female Dreamcatcher from Ariant, even though they are both EXP-only hairstyles.

A suggestion:
    There are many of the same VIP hairstyles that are repeated in multiple salons. These could easily be removed from the salons with more variety, therefore increasing the chances in those specific towns but still keeping the hairstyles available in other towns, with less hairstyles.

Another suggestion people will like a lot less (Anti-GMS-like):
    Make VIP hairstyles only available with VIP tickets and make EXP hairstyles the only hairstyles available through EXP tickets.
    With the above suggestion, one can add more EXP-only hairstyles per town (for example making Twin Tails available in Henesys AND NLC instead of only Henesys).

:) Just ideas ive had in my head for a bit regarding the subject hehe :heart:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    As part of the future of Legend topic its pretty much a thing I agree is currently very poopy and crappy. The things I would probably do is keep everything GMS-like but heavily increase the % chance to get an EXP hair, while now its 100% random for all the hair out there from a shop.

The fact its so hard right now is also stopping me from adding it for donors (donors being able to buy coupons) since currently offering them for donors give a way too big advantage due to how low % it is to get the hair you want.

Most likely if the EXP system is heavily improved I am more open to offer it for donors too. However, this is currently not done yet.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Juna

Juna Blue Snail

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    Juna
    Hunter
    Beaters
    I have spend at least 75k NX so far trying to get an EXP hairstyle that I haven't gotten yet. Still trying..!

• Like Like x 1
  16. EonDelirium

EonDelirium Timer

Apr 17, 2017
    Male
    Burning Lands of Ariant
    7:05 AM
    Delirium
    Magician, F/P Wizard, F/P Mage
    SugarBabies
    32,000 NX wasted in a REG Hairstyle from Ariant, guess what... finally got it !

17. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I got the hairstyle I wanted first try hehe

18. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    EXP hair system is trash. Remove it. It's just a relic of Neckson's greed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    MapleF1

20. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    11:05 PM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    Day 5. Still no sign of the Dreamcatcher (F).
    :(