1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

EXP Rate Modifying Cash Shop Coupons (Not OP 2x coupons)

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Nostaigia, Jan 23, 2016.

Should a nerfed Cash Shop Item similar to the "2x Exp Coupon" be added?

1. No - No increase in EXP Rates in ANY WAY

42 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Yes - 2.15x coupons (from base rate 2x)

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. Yes - 2.25x coupons (from base rate 2x)

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Yes - 2.35x coupons (from base rate 2x)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes - 2.5x coupons (from base rate 2x)

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  6. Yes but my preference is not listed

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Orange Mushroom

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    2:12 PM
    Leecher
    Magician
    Dalmascus
    I realize this server is 2x for a reason - to keep the difficulty of leveling at a certain benchmark and to create a sense of accomplishment along with prolonging the games longevity and certain parts of the game specifically (not making it a 2 day breeze to level 100, for example). We all know how much of a grind it was in the real original Maple at the 1x rate, and I come from Royals, where the rate is a constant 4x. Honestly, a constant 4x rate does make the game too easy overall, but that is not what I am suggesting.

Has there been any talk of a nerfed 2x exp coupon type item? For one, it would be purchasable solely with NX, so one now has to choose between gaching, AP resets (hp washing), or a slight boost in their exp rate. What the proposed EXP rate of these coupons would be I am not sure, maybe going from 2x (base rate) to 2.75x, 2.5x, or 2.25x - that would have to be polled to see what the community sees is best (I figure the community would like this to be as not OP as possible, so 2.15-2.25x would probably win).

Just a thought. It gives some people a small boost to leveling if they dislike the current rates, though only for a limited period of time (i.e. it won't cost 5k NX and last 24 hours as then you could have a CONSTANT increased rate if you voted every day), and you would also be missing out on other valuable content such as gaching or hoarding your AP resets for future washing.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:12 PM
    Moderator Post
    2x cards were a big debate in whatever I wanted to use them or not when MapleLegends was in development. I did a big research on the current v0.62 servers that used them and I noticed the following problems with them.
    • People start to only grind when a 2x card is active. If the 2x card ran out and the person has no Cash anymore to pay one, the person either go to FM and do nothing or simply log off
    • The cards (similar as Gacha tickets) made people only be able to buy the said cards and not being able to pay anything else anymore because of limited Cash
    • Assuming your suggestion is to make them permanent (similar as an old server I used to play did) people will not play the game period until they can pay the cards. They were there also tradable, so basically your first account was handicapped since your other accounts will have double the EXP. Terrible system

Since my answer was no, instead of MapleLegends being 1x exp (original plans) it became permanent 2x, so everyone basically has permanent 2x cards from 1x exp

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪

• Like Like x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    Nostaigia

Nostaigia Orange Mushroom

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    Leecher
    Magician
    Dalmascus
    All those are very valid points. I do think there is a way around those, though, that would allow a small modified exp rate in the game for a short period of time without having those issues. Making them limited would be one option. If you can only buy a single 4-hour card per week, do you think there will still be players that will use this 4 hour card, and log off and not grind an entire week until 7 days pass and then they buy one more 4 hour card and repeat? That seems a bit extreme.

But I guess then the question may be "Why add it at all?". To make the game easier? Maybe. But maybe just to add something extra to the game. This could be implemented in a variety of ways. For example, have it be a drop. Whilst grinding monsters have a chance to drop a 5 minute 2x exp card. When picked up the player will receive 2x exp for 5 minutes. Rare enough so it doesn't make any crazy difference, but allows for some extra spice in training and lets be honest...nothing would make a player happier while training than to see that drop.

Really I'm just thinking of suggestions. I do however think there is a way to add a small boost to exp rates with a give-and-take that would not create the dilemma where people are ONLY grinding during the boost and just FMing/AFKing/logging off while it is not active.

Just ideas. I'll leave the rest of the discussion up to everyone else

5. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I like the exp the way it is and it wouldnt be fair to the high level players to change it now, though I remain an advocate of the family system that Ems had. Earning points by helping ur (Idk what it was called, follower?) level and from that being able to buy exp and drop buffs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    In end we do have EXP bonuses, during season events. These are either 10% or 15%, which I personally think is enough already.

• Like Like x 10
  7. xAznMikeyx

xAznMikeyx Mushmom

Dec 23, 2015
    Male
    xAznMikeyx
    Marksman
    Project
    According to our original rates at this moment, most of the players play in this server for long periods of time. In fact, this includes leveling up to their certain goal and helping out other players. In my opinion, we are likely to spend our time more on a low rate server than a high rate server. I had recently got to level 126 in a month and. a half. That's because I made a lot of friends who helped me with quests and friends who train with me everyday without giving up. If this was 4x exp, leveling to 160 in a month would be too easy for us.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    exp boost coupons for mesos could be a nice meso sink if its balanced