1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician F/P Magician Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by awandy, Jul 17, 2016.

1. awandy

awandy King Slime

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    4:35 AM
    Ambient
    F/P Arch Mage
    Nebula
    Forethought

Before making a Fire Poison Magician, you must take into account the amount of effort and mesos needed to train effectively at level 60+. You need a lot of mesos to buy potions for Poison Brace (Poison Breath). Having enough mesos, training one is quick and easy, otherwise, it is decent at best.

F/P Magicians do not require good equipment for the purpose of misting/bracing, but from level 30-60, try to get as much int and magic attack as possible for Fire Arrow training. Depending on how much magic and int you have, the training route differs.

AP Guide

+5 int per level:
    Int is your friend. You need to raise int or have int equipment to have higher accuracy. I recommend putting all your ap into int for more accuracy.

Skill Build

Energy Bolt (1) --> Max out Improved MaxMP Increase --> Max out Magic Claw -->
    Max out Magic Guard --> remainder of the sp is up to you

Fire Arrow --> Poison Brace --> Teleport --> Slow (18) --> Meditation

Note: Slow is really useful for poison brace. If the monsters are in huge packs and moving too much, slow may make it easier to brace. Slow is great for bossing as well. MP Eater is useless imo.

Explosion (1) --> Poison Mist (28/30) --> Booster(11/20) --> Explosion (28/30)
    --> Seal (20) --> Element Amplification (30) --> the rest is up to you

**After Mist and Booster, you can go out of order if you wish. Some people might want to raise Amp first to kill bosses faster.

Explosion (1): It is great for clearing monsters you poison. Put one point into it.
    Poison Mist (28/30): Keeping mist at level 28 is still 100% effective. It leaves monsters at 1 hp, unless monsters spawn inside when the mist is about to end. I keep it at 28 at first, then max it later.
    Booster(11/20): At level 11 booster increases the magic attacking speed to level 3. If you want the extra 90 seconds, max it. I keep it at level 11 at first, then max it out later.
    Explosion (28/30): Putting points into explosion will increase its range. At level 28 it has max range. So for the purpose of misting, Explosion (28) is the same as Explosion (30).
    Seal (20): Seal is good for stopping the annoying magic attack of monsters.
    Element Amplication (30): This skill is required for damage output at 4th job. Though you waste more mp, your damage increases.

METEOR SHOWER !!~

Equipment For Misting and Clearing Properly

Explosion is the only skill for mages that depends on attack speed. Evil Wings is a great staff with fast attack speed. Before having level 11 Booster, any weapon with a "faster" attack speed is great for explosion clearing. Equiping an elemental wand 1 will slow down your mist training because explosion will cast slowly.

F/P Related Terms
    Skills/Equips
    Poison Brace / Brace = Poison Breath (Poison Brace is the archaic term)
    Mist = Poison Mist
    Ele comp / comp = Elemental Composition
    Ele amp / amp = Elemental Amplification
    Ele wand = Elemental Wand

Monsters
    STDs = Straw Target Dummies
    DTs = Death Teddies
    PoT3 = Path of Time 3
    MDTs = Master Death Teddies
    DGPs = Dual Ghost Pirates
    GSVs = Gigantic Spirit Vikings
    Skeles = Skelegon/Skelesaurus
    Newts = Jr. Newties
    QMs = Qualm Monks/Qualm Monk Trainees
    QGs = Qualm Guardians/Chief Qualm Guardians

Bosses
    HH = Headless Horseman
    BF = Bigfoot

Training

Level 8-20: Do every quest you can because most quests are faster than training, HPQ

Level 21-30: KPQ, Quests, Boars, Masks

OHKO and Fast exp to lvl 50
    Fire Arrow at its prime

Level 30-35: Quests (Nautilus, Ludi, Ariant, Stumpy), T̶e̶d̶d̶i̶e̶s̶ (can't 1 hit, bad xp), Cactus (1hit)
    Stay at Ariant and finish all of the quests. You can grind cacti until lvl 37.

Level 35+: Fire Arrow Places - test which area you can 1 hit and train

Royal Cactus, Sandrats
    Jr. Grupin, Leatty
    Jr. Pepe, Jr. Wraith
    Electrophants, Freezer (CBD)
    Desert Giant (hidden map)

Other Good exp Level 35+: LPQ, Quests (do quests when you're bored of grinding)

Fire Arrow spots depending on Magic
    Meant for level 50-70

Effective 2 hitting: Jr. Yeti (??), Grupin (345 Magic), Trucker/Straw Targets (360-370 Magic), Gs5: Selkie Jr. (420), White Pang (455) + bracing Lycanthrope

Gs2 sucks solo, unless you have godly magic to 2 hit. White Pangs are better than GS5. Go to Wolf Territory 4/5 and stay on the bottom. Though giving the same exp as GS5, the spawn is almost instantaneous and requires less traveling.

Poison Brace Spots
    Brace the whole map and cc/kill the map. Bracing is the fastest source of xp until lvl 78

Level 45+: Voodoos (good), Parking Lot (very dangerous place, don't recommend)
    Level 55+: Harps/Blood Harps, DTs in Ludibrium: Path of Time 3 (depends on how well you hit them)
    Level 60ish: Birks/Harps, MDTs (secret area in PoT3), Stormbreakers, Dual Ghost Pirate (fm/cc hopping will send you right back to the top)

All of these bracing spots depend on accuracy. At level 65, I found that training in MDTs is more worthwhile than DTs.

Misting Spots
    Level 78+: Dual Ghost Pirates (slow, but safe route), Gigantic Spirit Vikings (fastest place to train)
    I picked these locations because fm/cc hopping will send you right back to the top for effective training.
    Level 88+: Skelegons, Newts

I found that Gigantic Spirit Vikings is faster than Skelegons until level 90. Risell Squids is a bad option to train because of low spawn and WATER. You will train very fast with a priest/hser. Try to get a hb mule if you need to to save potions.

Low-lyfer Fizard 3rd Job

Level 70-78: Use Poison Brace, because fire sucks. 1 hit GS5.
    Level 78+: Blue Kents, Dual Ghost Pirates, DTs
    Level 85+: Watches and Grim Watches, Blue Wyvern map
    Level 90+: Hopefully by now you've maxed mist because it's hard to train with fire with that slow attack speed.

Bossing and Leeching

** This route will work very efficiently if you have maxed Ele Amp and/or Ele comp.

Level 90+: For players who
    max ele amp and/or ele comp and have ele wand 1, you can solo HH for exp. If you can kill hh in 5-9 minutes, then that's pretty good. Use @dps to test your dmg; I do ~360k dps with my FP mage (level 92 with ele amp level 4), so with max ele amp, it's actually pretty good training and not a pot waster.
    Level 105+ and 108+: Bigfoot solo/leech (105+), Skele leech (108+), Pianus Solo/Leech (105+)
    At level 105, you can probably solo hh, Pianus, and Bigfoot with maxed amplification. Bigfoot is weak to fire, so I hit 10k fire arrows. 8k dmg to hh if you have max comp and ele amp.
    You can actually slow bf and hh. I don't recommend bossing, but do it if you're bored.

4th Job

Meteor Shower Spots

Depending on how many hits to kill, training spots differ.

Spots to Train at: Blue Wyverns, Dark Cornians map (2 hit), Wolf Spiders, Newts, Skelegons,
    Petrifighter (when Ulu City comes out)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Piffy

Piffy Pac Pinky

Feb 23, 2016
    12:35 AM
  3. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    9:35 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Awesome guide, goodjob!
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    4:35 PM
    Crusader
    Explosion speed is affected by weapon attack speed?! Never knew that...

Also, the 2nd job SP build differs from what I'm used to seeing. Most guides recommend sacrificing poison brace.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  5. OP
    OP
    awandy

awandy King Slime

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    4:35 AM
    Ambient
    F/P Arch Mage
    Nebula
    Edited a lot of my training routes. Hopefully it is easier to follow.

6. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    4:35 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
  7. genugenu

genugenu Blue Snail

Jul 14, 2020
    1:35 AM
    Bishop, Cleric, F/P Mage
    I think this is the first guide I've seen with specific routes and training spots for the higher levels of F/P. Thanks a lot!