1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

F/P QoL skill suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Motto, Mar 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:37 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Generally speaking we talk of Poison.
    What's the motivation behind calling a skill "Poison Breath" actually cast poison... but not actually inflict the poison.

I'd propose a QoL buff to F/P Mares for their 2nd job Poison BrwBre, increasing the poison rate from 60% to 90%.

Mist is okay at 70% as it's an AoE that lasts for some time and can be executed multiple times on multiple mobs constantly until they're poisoned.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:37 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Eh that would honestly make it a lot better and not garbage in my opinion.

Also consider Element Composition, however, which is also a garbage skill. Not even affected by elemental wands. That skill is supposed to have a higher poison chance than even poison breath.

But some people think it's fine as it is and already OP for power leveling like crazy on death teddies.

3. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:37 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Power leveling yes....
    But they don't understand the pain one has to inflict himself between actually magic accuracy with missing Death Teddies.... and the plus coming from Poison Breath actually not passing that 60% chance to poison.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    12:37 PM
    Poison breath is already super overpowered, honestly. It's by far the strongest 2nd job skill in the game, allowing you to potentially 2 shot anything you can hit. On my FP mage, I was able to hit Death Teddies consistently enough from level 60. I leveled from 62 to 80 (when mist makes breath obsolete; poison in general is pointless before it's maxed) in a week. While it is somewhat difficult and painful to level at death teddies from a low level, the speed of leveling is well worth that pain. Buffing it would mean there is no downside to going for poison.

I think the main issue with poison breath, and poison in general, is that it makes FP the mage class that benefits the most from funding, since your accuracy is directly tied to your int. I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, though.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    BZZT. Funding has little to nothing to do with poison builds, aside from burning through all those pots and always keeping safety charms around to make sure you don't lose your hard-earned exp.

Why? Because LUK also affects magic accuracy. Given that a luk mage actually can access some equips that give stats, and can add their AP optimally to have int or luk land on perfect multiples of 10, a luk mage should actually fare slightly better. But this difference is actually quite small and probably unnoticeable. Having the funding for godly gears so that you can hit slightly more often is not necessary.

6. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    I um... what? Funding makes a massive difference.

Lets say you start with 10 int and put 5 points into int every level. By level 55, you will have 280 base int. I'm also going to assume 20 luk at all levels given 10 isn't max int and a zhelm will probably get you up to the 20-30 range for luk.

Without any int gear, you will have about a 25% chance to hit Death Teddies. With +70 int bringing you to 350 total int (which is around what I had once I'd scrolled my zhelm on my FP), that goes up to a 50% chance.

305 int at level 60 gives a 43% chance to hit
    375 int at level 60 gives a 67% chance to hit

To call this "little to nothing" is simply ridiculous.

All calculations done using this accuracy calculator: http://nekonecat.googlepages.com/magicacc.htm

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I said funding itself has little to nothing to do with it. You've got a nice strawman there because you are comparing a naked character to very well-funded character. Take any other normal person starting out on the server. Zhelms are a lot cheaper these days, and it's not too hard to either scroll some rudimentary gear yourself or buy some handmedowns from the FM at a discount price. With a zhelm and a moderately-scrolled weapon, overall, and cape, an unfunded character shouldn't have much problem having at least a +40 int bonus. If they did a bit more work farming their own scrolls or other items valuable for selling, or got lucky from gach, they could potentially have more int bonus, even after having started out unfunded.

So again, I'm not saying equipment doesn't matter at all or money spent makes no impact. I'm basically just countering the argument that you "need funding" to run a decent poison power level. imo 67% chance to hit vs like a 55% chance to hit is "little to nothing" worth worrying about. Literally last sentence I said my previous post boils it down: having funding for godly gears is not necessary.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  8. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    Speaking of strawmen, I never said you "need funding" for an FP. I said "FP (is) the mage class that benefits the most from funding". For clerics or ILs, funding will increase your damage a bit. On an FP, it can mean you can start grinding on the next higher level mob a few levels earlier, which can mean the difference of a few hundred exp per kill. Considering you'll be killing everything at pretty much the same speed due to how poison works, this is kind of a big deal.

I agree that funding isn't strictly necessary, but that is true for literally every class and build in the game, so I don't really see your point.

I would argue that +70 int isn't a "very well funded" character based on stories I've heard of people who have funded assassins with over 120 int from gear and the fact that I funded that +70ish from a level 90 priest, which isn't anything too special. +40 on an unfunded character feels like a bit of a stretch to me, as well. This is kind of subjective, though, and there are a lot of variables like gachapon and changing market values that make it kind of hard to predict.

The bottom line of what I'm saying is really my original point: poison breath doesn't need a buff because it is already really strong. The only thing I would consider a negative about it is that it benefits quite heavily from funding, which might make it less attractive to play as your first character, and the game already has a lot of classes that people are reluctant to play unfunded.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019