1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician FartMagic's Fire/Poison Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by ahotbanana, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    11:29 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Great guide. One thing I would add though is that for level 36-45 the map ''The Giant of the sunset'' is significantly better than the ones you recommended. On average about 25% per hour more than any elsewhere. This also applies for very geared people as you're very likely to one shot the Desert Giants.

2. Difference

Difference Red Snail

Mar 20, 2020
    Male
    2:29 AM
    Difference
    Beginner
    I'll point out that you can increase your magic accuracy with luck instead of int. The formula is every 10 int and 10 luck. So you can actually scroll/purchase luck gear to get to teddies earlier. I.e I got a luck robe for a fraction of the price of an equivalent int robe, then scrolled shield with luck and also threw 30s/70s on a beginner staff (staff matt is dirt cheap). I think I ended up with like +40 or +50 luck (including zhelm) at lvl 50 which would have $$$ if it was int gear instead

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ElGordo

ElGordo Snail

May 19, 2020
    Male
    6:29 AM
    GORDOSCARRA
    Sniper
    Familia
    I also hate the layout of ludi maps so I did cc training on master death teddies on the bottom platform. Where did you train 70-80? Does this strategy work on spirit vikings?

4. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    For 70-77 I stuck to lowest platform of master death teddies. I'm not sure if spirit vikings would work because I didn't try it, but it's worth a shot since it's so close. At 78 with max mist, I did some poison mist training at shaolin.

5. OrangeJuiceH

OrangeJuiceH Red Snail

Jul 1, 2017
    5:29 PM
    Hi just wondering how poison mist training at FoT will work if I can’t hit the golden dudes yet... Lv102 FP here!

6. Difference

Difference Red Snail

Mar 20, 2020
    Male
    Difference
    Beginner
    you need an attacker that can hit them, pref. a bishop that can keep up with you with tele and provideHS

7. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    5:29 AM
    Aligatour
    I started Maplelegends a month and half ago and thanks to your guide my F/P is 134! F/P for life

8. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I did my poison breath training at Dual Ghost Pirates, which is similar HP and EXP as DTs. The DGP map is beautiful, because it's just a line of single platforms going down, and the spawn points are always at the very top of the map; I would just go to the bottom, go FM (and rebuff), then respawn at the top. If you do this, you'll notice that when you're at the bottom, it's impossible to climb the rope with the mobs attacking you, so poison and lure all the mobs to one corner, then teleport to the other side and go to the FM there.

I don't see any reason whatsoever to train at DTs. It's not like you need the damage from the fire weakness, and the map layout is absolute trash compared to DGPs.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The disadvantage is dual ghost pirate is higher level (87) and 1 more avoid (28) vs death teddy. So I imagine your eph would be slightly lower due to extra hits required to get your poison off. At least until you have high enough magic accuracy.

10. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    That's true. I don't have sufficient data to show that DGP gives a better eph, but the map layout is a lot easier to navigate which I suspect makes up for the lower acc. My f/p did 51-55 at DT averaging 30 min per level, then 56+ at DGP averaging 30 min per level at the beginning. If it is a little slower at these levels, I think the difference would be very small, and IMO the QoL improvement from moving to DGP from DTs is enough to outweigh any eph difference :)

11. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu

Where do you mist @ shaolin once you get max mist? I'm about to max and want to move away from DGP.

12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:29 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    would be fantastic if you have a partner who can finish mobs you've misted.
    for example, I trained with a IL friend as I, mister, and he, finisher, we had no any mules.

lvlup.png

You may notice how insane its exp gain is, even without HS. enjoy it :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    5:29 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
  14. lenny

lenny Slime

Jun 12, 2020
    awesome guide! very informative 10/10 Foxpat

btw could you specify some maps for training
    for ex. you mentioned stormbreaker but I am not sure which map you are talking about

15. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    What are your thoughts on using a poison training to level your F/P and other characters at the same time?

For example, would leveling up a F/P and an INT lord at the same time be efficient? As long as you keep the INT lord within 5 levels of the F/P (doing the occasional PQ/buy leech to keep up).

You could level 2 characters at the same time, by leeching exp anywhere the F/P could poison train. Could that possibly be faster than leeching from a higher level bishop!? Since you'd be leveling 2 characters and once, AND killing mobs well above your level.

16. bobaboss

bobaboss Orange Mushroom

Aug 14, 2022
    If you have someone to last hit for you at FoT duo channel then the exp would be around 70m EPH if you cc back and forth on your INT lord in the middle of the map which places you in a safe spot.

Doing FoT solo channel is around the same exp as ulu2 leech 30m vs 25m EPH but you make way more meso at ulu2 from drops + you have the option to sell leech so poison training is only worth if you have a duo.

17. monmonmon

monmonmon Blue Snail

Sep 24, 2023
    11:29 AM
    Beginner
    Following the Summer Event patch, the Gatekeepers (and Thanatos) in Ludi were beefed in exp + HP. Gatekeepers give 74820 exp, which is insane considering it's a 2-hit kill for an F/P mage with maxed Poison Breath or Poison Mist
    If you mist 6 channels that's roughly 900k exp and it shouldn't take more than 2 min 30 sec to poisonthe two Gatekeepers and come back to kill them
    You can realistically get from 80 to 100 in a few hours (and potentially, depending on your acc, even go there earlier) at minimum pot cost as well

• Agree Agree x 1