1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Feature release: Monster Books

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, May 7, 2018.

1. Leona

Leona Slime

May 10, 2018
    Male
    10:18 PM
    And what about the etc item "monster card" ahahha

2. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    3:18 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Those are used to make a set of match cards which is a player-vs-player mini-game. https://poof.ml/?p=etc&id=4080100

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:18 PM
    Moderator Post
    Updated main post

-Added information how the cards look
    -Added information how to navigate different pages
    -Added information on how to use the search feature (yes there's one!)

4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

11:18 AM
    TFW collecting monsterbook cards isnt about collecting anymore, just about a +575hp ring with +7 all stats (tier5) and more - a bit curious as to why it was decided to nerf the droprate vs the actual item, especially when it can be upgraded until 10 and its already overpowered at 5..
    I have a few questions:
    What was the thought process behind the rings stats?
    Will this be revisited?
    Is there a threat of a revision similar to Agent Equips?
    Why or how is this ring viewed fitting for maplelegends?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    1:18 PM
    Thief
    i think its ok cus u actually need to work for it and its char-specific etc
    maybe nerf a bit making it from x cards per tier to 1.5x cards per tier or w/e
    and maybe make it from +1 stat per tier to +1 stat per 2 tier and just the hp going up every tier

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Becuase you can't perfect drop-rates from 300+ mobs in one revision. Drop-rate tweaks have been a thing in every event and every feature being released, and you should know about that.

The thought process was a fight against washing, and a stat boost for those that don't care about that to still feel rewarded.

Not atm. However, when we add more cards (which we will), we probably tweak the requirements to add onto that.

Agent equips were more or less free while this actually need you to do something. This is easier for the 'high level'd' users, because they can 'speed' through it with their skills. Also, agent equips was luck based, while this is passive for everyone, as well as it being un-tradable. Big <if> however, if stat changes were to be done, it can be done very easily.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

I was mostly asking why the drop-rates would be changed instead of the stats. I know that drop-rates during events are always changed, theyre also extremely temporary in the first place. This, is not. And in events, its not only drop-rates that are played with but also the chances to get x reward (either easier or harder to obtain). Here, the reward doesn't change whatsoever.

I understand the purpose HP on the ring and agree with it, what I don't understand the purpose of is the extra stats. Especially when they're that high, they don't even follow a +1,+2,+3->+10 max. The HP is to be more player friendly to newer players which is fine.
    If the stats were added to reward players that don't care about HP (mostly mages), then why not add MP instead, or speed or jump, or stats that are less impressive? In addition, players who don't care about HP / have a lot of hp already washed im sure will still appreciate additional hp since its worth a lot regardless (especially on saving pots).

8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I don't see how this means that the drop rates should be finalized as soon the feature is released. Even map releases and such had spawn/item tweaks after release.

I don't understand this quote. The stats are in fact following a patern. The HP and MP are not 100% initially, but still end up with a fixed stat at the last tier, but you are not talking about that.

While speed/jump was in the discussion, I went against it because too much speed/jump (which already is given too much imo, including a weather effect..) obsolete haste.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  9. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

I don't see how this means that the drop rates should be finalized as soon the feature is released. Even map releases and such had spawn/item tweaks after release.
    Changing droprates is fine (like the mapleisland reasoning) but if theyre made specifically rarer because obtaining X reward is too "easy" thats different. Especially when the reward makes* that much of a difference in terms of stats*.

I don't understand this quote. The stats are in fact following a patern. The HP and MP are not 100% initially, but still end up with a fixed stat at the last tier, but you are not talking about that.
    Like i said, im fine with the hp and such. What i wasnt saying is the issue of a pattern. I agree with hs mule that the stats should probably folllow the level of the tier. I am not sure of the final stats at tier 10 - but +7 at tier 5, when youre only halfway seems like a bit much. My personal opinion is that the stats themselves are unnecessary or too much as of now.

While speed/jump was in the discussion, I went against it because too much speed/jump (which already is given too much imo, including a weather effect..) obsolete haste.
    Understandable I guess.

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    +7 should not be at tier 5. Can i see a screenshot?

11. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Friend told me this so don't have :eek:
    Maybe he was mistaken XD? What is tier 5 then? Since i was basing the opness on that. (As stated in the first message)

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is why you do your own research first before giving your thought on the whole thing. This is not only an issue now, but an issue in the general world. People basing things on reviews instead of playing the game themselves, and so on...

Anyway, ranting besides the tier 5 ring gives.. 5 to all stats.

13. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

So basically it follows the pattern i had mentioned before hand.

Also, my original post showed the stats in which you hadnt commented on it- therefore the conversation continued, and i assumed it was correct.

My original opinion still stands however, i dont think the stats are necessary and IF tier 10 does give +10 stats all, i still think thats pretty overpowered. Considering it surpasses an un-egged HTP

14. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    1:18 PM
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    upload_2018-5-15_18-9-25.png
    this is the stat for tier 7 basicly
    tier 5 was +5 all stat 350 HP and 125 MP if i remember well

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Sam1234567

Sam1234567 Red Snail

Jun 22, 2017
    Male
    8:18 PM
    Simplywinter
    Fighter
  16. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    6:18 AM
    White Knight
    Considering how long it takes to get level 10 tier I don't see how its overpowered, especially coming from new players/unfunded characters and how long it'll be taking them to acquire cards. The bonuses are definitely something that'll have been worked towards and not freely handed also beneficial in terms of making monster books more relevant than just collection.

17. Loreen

Loreen Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    x
    How to get this monsterbook ring? :O

18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If you go to any Victoria Island town you should get a notification.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Loreen

Loreen Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    x
    I got a notification for the book, but did not get the ring :(

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy