1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information February 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Feb 19, 2023.

1. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    11:58 PM
    Just figured I'd add that bishops played actively (and well) in Auf are certainly quite a bit more than just res mules; having the bishop in the run noticeably shortens the run-time especially when played well.

Edit: the bishop I run auf regularly with does not have anywhere near 20k HP or even 10k HP and yet still adds immense value to the expedition.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    9:58 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    That’s fair, although I would still make the argument that DP spam is an incredibly unfun mechanic to play around.

3. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    1:58 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    Fun is too abstract to argue about. Dispel spam is part of the fight and is meant to test the attentiveness and concentration of players; this game has plenty of AFK content and even Horntail (that is highly regarded for its mechanics) can be played in auto-pilot without mayor consequence. Just my opinion but the challenge auf introduces is refreshing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I guess it depends on what aspect of the game you enjoy the most. It requires you to pay attention yes, but spending a significant amount of time just re-casting buffs is something I personally find to be a huge drag, but like you said fun is abstract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    1:58 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Realized only after AlyoshaAlyosha 's post on another thread that I actually forgot to include some important charts in the Server Overview even though it had already been prepared.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've edited the original thread to include these charts too!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Rainemard

Rainemard Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jun 30, 2022
    Male
    6:58 AM
    Rainemard
    Paladin
    Nimbus
    After further testing, it appears it's a visual bug alone, and seems to be power guard instead. I'm sure it'll get fixed next patch, but that takes the edge off at least! :) Just a heads up for those that see damage received numbers that were different before.

• Like Like x 1
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
  8. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    people do auf?

9. TLE

TLE Blue Snail

Dec 5, 2023
    Male
    2:58 PM
    advisingdude
    Warrior
    Hi, i found this thread a bit late, the berserk calculation images link has died. Can you please reupload the berserk calculation for each skill level? Thank you very much ^^

10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:58 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    [​IMG]

edit: my bad i didn't include formula

[​IMG]
    can be found here

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TLE

TLE Blue Snail

Dec 5, 2023
    Male
    2:58 PM
    advisingdude
    Warrior
    Thank you so much for the re-upload, really appreciate it. I just recently made Dark Knight and have been closely studying this new Berserk revamp.

• Friendly Friendly x 2