1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] Anniversary & Summer Event 2022

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Seiras

Seiras Horny Mushroom

Jun 24, 2019
    3:59 AM
    I/L Wizard
    Thank you for the clarifications, now I see why I was wrong.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:59 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    If anything I'd rather see raffles take more effort to do and remove the 20 hour limit (unlimited raffling), multiclient/multicharacter play makes the limits pretty much obsolete anyway.

Or if you want keep raffles at their ~10 min grind still remove the 20 hour limit and lower the chance of good goodies accordingly.

Limiting characters make little sense when you can just create more and avoid the limit entirely, not just for events but also for things like PB.

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    On a serious note, I fully agree with SobletSoblet here. I'd much rather go back to a system where you can gather points consistently on one character than inevitably succumb to the temptation of raffling on dozens of chars everyday.

Of course, choosing to raffle on mules is my own decision and I could also just elect to not sweat the event that hard, but seeing others doing it and profiting massively makes that difficult. Additionally, with events like these, it just felt like after doing your daily BPQ/raffle/50 points farm, you kinda maxed out the event on that one character.
    I do want to mention that the concept of a (daily?) quest brought some fun variety into the game, but when that is the main/only way to really profit from the event, it pushes people towards muling imho.

tl;dr, I'd love to see events steer back towards single character progression, rather than a short repeatable cycle that incentivises the use of mules.

Edit: Realised I completely forgot to cover MMF. I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't think the 'unpassable runs' were nearly as much of an issue as people made them out to be. From my limited sample size of completing 15-20 runs, it seemed that the RNG was definitely lenient enough to get a passable run within a decent timespan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
  5. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    11:59 AM
    Endorphins
    i dont understand either. maybe people are mad becuase sweatlords open 50 raffle mules and use all of them each day.
    the new system allows me to get all the raffles at my own pace. also up to me to use as many characters as i want, or just one. really dont get the downside here

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    4:59 AM
    Enjoyed the event a lot! Only missed 2 raffle days. The only thing I found annoying was the MMF dance thing which was a pain and made me angry. Other than that, very good event!

Next raffle event, I'm going to split it by character and overall. Each will have their own graph. I did this over 4 characters (Lv.31 Islander, Lv.88 i/L, Lv.70 Ranger, and Lv.125 Bishop).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:59 AM
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    Does BPQ bosses give the same exp as the real bosses like Papulatus and Pianus?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    1:59 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Yes but it’s not that exp efficient to hunt them for that purpose. The papulatus in BPQ only gives the exp from the first body, which is not very significant. Before that point the exp is not particularly noteworthy. The pianus gives the full exp killing a pianus but typically you are sharing exp with 5 others and spending the last 10 minutes hunting the other bosses so it’s not worth it when you can basically kill pianus whenever you want

• Like Like x 2