1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] Halloween Event 2022

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Ariami

Ariami Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Aug 26, 2020
    Female
    5:59 AM
    Ariami
    Now that our Halloween Event has concluded, we would love to gather feedback from our playerbase regarding what you liked/disliked about this past Event.

[​IMG]
    Here are a couple of talking points if you are not sure where to start:
    • Masked Man's Party
      • Questline
        • Did you enjoy the questline overall?
        • Were the rewards from the questline useful and/or worth the effort of completing the questline?
      • Pumpkin PQ and Butler PQ
        • Were these party quests enjoyable?
        • Did you find the rewards for these two PQs satisfactory?
    • Raffle
      • Selection of Mobs/Bosses
        • Were there any Mobs/Bosses you found difficulty completing? If so, please explain why.
        • Do you enjoy this system of Raffling? Are there any changes you would like to see?
      • Raffle Rewards
        • Were the rewards from the Raffle satisfactory?
        • Did the Raffle Rates seem fair to you?

• Event Duration
    • Event Announcement
    • Other comments/suggestions/concerns?
    [​IMG]

As always, please keep the discussion civil

We appreciate everyone's involvement in contributing to these feedback posts, as they are extensively read through by the Staff to create better content for future events and updates.
    Your feedback, both positive and negative, are greatly valued by our Staff, and while not every suggestion can be implemented, we always look forward to listening directly to our player base so that we can improve our server for everyone!

Thank you all for being part of the event, we hope you had a spooktacular time.
    Happy Mapling :heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Reserving slot for post to bash butler pq when less lazy (read: maybe never) :cool:

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    3:44 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I only did the raffles.

Not big of a deal but I wish it was written somewhere that lower level characters have bad rewards. I am glad there is some mechanism to nerf raffle mules but a little transparency would have been nice.

As usual I thought the cosmetics were priced really fairly. I wish the weapons could have their jump animations removed or reduced.

The Halloween points drop rate felt so much generous than previous events and I liked that. (Though the last time I actively farmed points was about two years ago)

The free teleports back to Haunted House was lovely and much appreciated.
    Could we also please remove wooden fish from the monster list?

As a casual player, I couldn’t be bothered to seek people to do the PQ with and missed out on an exclusive chair.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:59 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I only did the ring +3, str mask and the raffle on 2 and sometimes 3 char, i will talk one by one

I liked the idea to farm points bossing (sadly or no depend of the view point, the points only use to cosmetic after the ring)

I loved the idea of masks/ side quests, much fun to do diferent quests room based.

I did raffle on 2 char everyday and some days on 3rd char, the idea to get a use that moves you to raffle area is very nice, save alot time! as raffle prize i am the man who always make some money but only with average prize (got 2 p2 and 3 puac 8 tma as my higher prize)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    4:59 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    no more free smegas

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:59 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Events have felt more and more solo play oriented over the years. Not sure if it's due to event balance being nitpicked and tweaked each time to put a cap on excessive exploitation, but for some reason it just feels like there is not much to do outside of raffles.

Raffles are all we really get now a days, and as people settle on optimized strategies, the community aspect of things like bossing for raffles disappeared quickly. It's far easier and faster to swap over to the daily 100 kills instead of coordinating a degenerate 30-man run.

The other area of event content we're seeing recycled is the weekly NPC hunts (Weekly Christmas Present/Pendant Upgrade, MMF NPC hunt, etc), but they're basically the same thing just dressed up differently.

To be fair, Halloween events have usually been pretty straightforward and one-dimensional, but my criticisms can apply for the events going back to Halloween/Christmas event in early 2022. In the past year, we have not had any JQs (unless you count MMF as one...), no quizzes, no golden egg hunting, no snowman/puff daddy, no ETC collection, no %/event discords, etc. Event rewards have shifted so that anything farmable is now only cosmetic and points earned are basically useless after you farm your event ring/equip. We even lost golden gach this past anniversary so things like card hunting during anni event got a nerf.

The haunted mansion questline was cute and I did it on one character just to try it out, but there was really little appeal for repeating content on other accounts.

Edit:
    One commendation I would like to add though is the separation of balance changes/tweaks and event release. By separating things out, I felt much less overwhelmed by changes coming all at once.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    • Masked Man's Party
      • Questline
        • Did you enjoy the questline overall?
        • Were the rewards from the questline useful and/or worth the effort of completing the questline?
          • I thought the presentation and use of mechanics not originally available in v62 were neat, but felt that the payoff for completing the whole questline was very underwhelming. I did all of it once on one character and then only did the respective mini questlines needed for the specific mask I wanted for each of my other characters.
          • I also felt that the questline ended rather abruptly. When it ended, I had no clue that I had finished it and nor did I know where to go for the Butler PQ afterward (I still don't).
      • Pumpkin PQ and Butler PQ
        • Were these party quests enjoyable?
        • Did you find the rewards for these two PQs satisfactory?
          • The Pumpkin PQ was not particularly enjoyable as it really just consisted of equipping a long weapon to deal with jank hitboxes.
          • I did not do the Butler PQ because finding people ended up proving difficult. I also did not particularly care for the hat (would have been nice if it were NX instead) and chair reward, and from secondhand reports the nx & ore rewards for completing the PQ seemed highly mediocre for the time it took. I wish the incentive for doing it was greater as it felt like what was supposed to be a core part of the event ended up being largely ignored.
          • I leave the rest of the bashing to the Pip.
    • Raffle
      • Selection of Mobs/Bosses
        • Were there any Mobs/Bosses you found difficulty completing? If so, please explain why.
          • For mobs, Jr. Newtie was pretty awful to do because of the map/terrain (made worse by the auto aggro nature of the mobs and their ranged attack), the small amount of them present and the transforming ones you had to deal. Cold Shark was also unpleasant in that you not only had to travel far for them, they were also a bit sparse in the map (present only in the bottom half of the map) and you had to deal with frequent dispels while dealing with the surrounding Sharks. If the sharks have to stay, the experience could perhaps be slightly bettered if it was the regular Sharks you needed to kill instead.
          • For bosses, the existence of Toad and BGA being in the boss selection felt pointless and were always an auto skip because of how difficult it is to get a group going for them, especially BGA which is rather notorious for its strict party comp requirement and for how rarely it is run.
        • Do you enjoy this system of Raffling? Are there any changes you would like to see?
          • I think the current system of raffling is fine. Maybe it would have been neat if there had been a way to incorporate the Butler PQ into it to incentivize doing the questline and the PQ.
          • Would also be great if one didn't have to forfeit the quest in order to check what's behind door #2, perhaps something akin to the dialogue options for the bounty hunter quests where the name of the boss/mob would be shown in the two blue text options.
      • Raffle Rewards
        • Were the rewards from the Raffle satisfactory?
        • Did the Raffle Rates seem fair to you?
          • The rewards and rates seemed very fair; there seemed to be much less junk compared to the Summer raffle. Was just a shame that we had to continue in the tradition of event chairs being accidentally left untradeable, which technically hurt the raffle value as they couldn't be sold for higher prices earlier in the event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Well, to creep it real..
    Pumpkin PQ seemed pretty lackluster I think it would have been a bit more enjoyable to have them drop from the monsters in the Haunted House as a "quest item".

Butler PQ was actually quite fun and I absolutely loved the quests to unlock it, I hope Sophilia can finally be happy.
    The rewards for completing Butler PQ were quite unique and eerie-sistible, we were always able to get NX or special candies.. (Err.. heh.. issok) the Masked Man Hat and Skull Cube Chair were amazing, the hat helped equip some gear.

Raffle for me wasn't really that ah-peeling to make me witch and famous.. to sponsor some newbies, that yellow line never came.. but issok, raffles just aren't my take.

The event announcement was ahh-right, I really liked the option for Toth hair and the button eyes, witch gave Coraline or Six from Little Nightmares vibes with my NX.
    In the movie the "other mother" gave the option for pink button eyes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The duration of the event was fine fangs for the eek-tastic memories, staff until the next event.

9. Amyst

Amyst Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    Amyst
    Night Lord
    Lore
    Masked Man's Party
    I liked this questline. I did it mostly for the lore, not the masks. I was very amused watching the people who don't read their quests carefully get confused and lost on what to do next.

Pumpkin PQ
    At first, I thought the 1-day helmet reward acted as a costume - owning it allowed you to please the guard and re-enter for free. That turned out not to be the case. He always lets you in without redoing the cat quest (which is repeatable for reason O_O) so overall, this was just Butler PQ waiting room for me.

Butler PQ
    This was new and fun to try. I'm really glad I did it in the first few days though as the repeatable rewards weren't appealing at all. I didn't need the ores, and some people wouldn't need the NX either. I found pleasant people willing to stay an extra round or two so everyone had their chair but I don't know anyone going back afterwards.

Another Note: I was never notified about when this PQ started being available to me. Could've missed it completely if no one talked about it.

Raffles

Raffles resetting daily is amazing compared to 20 hrs. When I log in, I no longer felt pressured to raffle immediately to start the timer. I could join some content or check on my store first.

Idk how common this opinion is, but overall, daily raffles make me play less than non-event season. It was especially noticeable this time when the raffle spot wasn't universally accessible.
    Case #1: If I had 1 hr left in the day, I wasn't going to travel to a map to card hunt for 15 mins just to teleport back to the Haunted House the next day. I just logged off.
    Case #2: With no flexibility to catch up on missed raffles, I say no to content when I have only enough time to fit in the raffle. Alternatively, someone else says no to me trying to host because they have to raffle NOW. No replacement can be found, and everyone logs off or afks.

I did not try hard enough to comment on the rates.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I cannot stress enough how good of a change making raffles reset at reset was. Please PLEASE keep this function in for future raffles. There was no pressure to do the raffle ASAP after the 20 hour window was up, and it was much more forgiving to miss a day and make it up on the next. It was also easier to keep track of instead of trying to remember when the last raffle was completed especially when away from the raffle NPC or even offline.

Agree with GurkGurk on BGA and Toad being a waste of time. There is currently no incentive to choose either of those over the 100 Monster option and will likely remain as such until the time to complete those two bosses is addressed. There’s a difference between “some options that are worse than others” and “two options that are pretty much never worth taking.” Also while we’re at it, would be nice to add NT2 bosses D2 and CB to the boss pool for 171+ and 173+ respectively.

Cant comment on BPQ because the chair looked ugly and everyone said BPQ was a waste of time so I just didn’t bother.

Raffle chairs were dope btw shame they released as untradable (yes I know this will be fixed)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Asanagi

Asanagi Pink Teddy

Sep 16, 2022
    Female
    10:59 PM
    Asanagi
    Bowmaster
    IVE WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS. SO LONG INFACT THAT MY ANGER HAS PARTIALLY SUBSIDED AND I FORGOT WHAT I WANTED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

Did you enjoy the questline overall?
    Hell no, I spent an hour trying to navigate the maze of a questline and map before giving up and waiting for someone to post a guide, upon reading said guide i said fuck that and gave up on the questline entirely.

Were the rewards from the questline useful and/or worth the effort of completing the questline?
    Very angry, little reward, much effort.

Pumpkin PQ
    Didn't like that it was one party per channel so i never got to try it since after the first few days it basically died.

Butler PQ
    Didn't even get to attempt this because it was locked behind the extremely annoying questline.

Raffle
    1. Flying mobs = Angry.
    2. Having to hunt 100 mobs in maps with very little spawns. Plus shared spawns with other mobs which have the higher spawn rate is very frustrating and annoying.
    3. WHO'S IDEA WAS IT TO ******* MAKE US GO ALL THE WAY TO NLC, PICK UP THE QUEST, **** OFF TO THE OTHERSIDE OF THE MAPLE WORLD, RETURN TO NLC TO HAND IN THE QUEST. AND WASTE EITHER NX ON VIP TELE ROCKS OR TIME TRAVELING WHERE WE NEED TO GO. THEN YOU FINISH AND YOUR IN NLC ONCE MORE AND CAN SPEND MORE VIP TELE ROCKS OR TIME GETTING BACK TO WHERE YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO BE.

Raffle Rewards
    Rewards. Kinda suck. Chair Good. Exclusivity Meh.
    Rates. Suck.
    Would've liked more potions and less junk items if you're going to give us crap.
    Junk items being (Owls/Tele Rocks/Transformations/Buffs, Cokepills were alright though)

Event Duration/Announcement
    Fine.
    Also someone fix this. fix this.PNG

Other comments/suggestions/concerns?

Having an event Hub like during the Summer event would be alot more convenient, especially for the PQ side of things.
    Would also be nice if future event quests weren't so arbitrary tedious or REQUIRED to do things like event PQs.

Crab Chan.PNG

Crab Chan is watching you. Kaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I am the Rage of Raffle
    Raffling is my Body and Gambling is my Blood
    I have created over a Thousand Mules
    Unaware of Chair,
    Nor aware of White scroll.
    Withstood Pain to create RNG, Waiting for one’s feedback
    I have many Regrets. This is the only Path
    My whole life was Unlimited Mule Works

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. TonyDaquore

TonyDaquore Orange Mushroom

Nov 2, 2017
    Male
    10:59 AM
    TonyDaquore
    Marksman
    DutchLegends
    I only did the questline, so I want to talk about that.
    I liked the questline a lot, also with the new mechanics. I hope these will be implemented more often and maybe open new opportunities for (re-)making (nostalgic/new) questlines. There was a lot of variety inside the quests which also made it more fun.
    However, like what some other people also mentioned here, the questline ended quite abruptly. I had to look into the event guide someone made on the forum to find out that I was suddenly done and I could start with the Butler PQ.

The rewards of the questline were fine in my opinion, especially if you realize that this is only an event questline where the reward is the same for everyone, while the level of the whole questline is as well. Moreover, the efforts to finish the questline were not that hard at all, so a temporary face accessory with good stats + a PQ to do afterwards is fine IMO.

I hope this won't be the last time that things like this will be made, because I enjoyed it very much. Thanks staff!

13. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Raffle - I enjoyed the Anniversary raffle more. I'm not sure if it was a different monster pool, or I was unlucky, but I had a better time hunting the monsters at the last event... many of these new kill 100's were just annoying to travel do.

NLC - My #1 issue with this event was having to travel back from NLC. Quite often I found myself not wanting to deal with the hassle and just skipping a daily raffle.

14. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    The Halloween event was enjoyable for sure even though I only did raffles.

Were there any Mobs/Bosses you found difficulty completing? If so, please explain why.
    I would say there were a few that I found a bit difficult to complete. On my Bowmaster I had to kill Mini Bronze Statues and Wooden Fishes in 1-2 F. These have 135k HP and I'm hitting under ~6k, so it took a while. Next raffle, I may write down what mobs I kill for each character and see how hard it is.

Do you enjoy this system of Raffling? Are there any changes you would like to see?
    I do enjoy the system actually. Some days I can wake up and do raffles for a little bit before I get my day started. Other times, I do it before I head to bed. I don't think there's anything I'd change about it.

Were the rewards from the Raffle satisfactory?
    Even though I didn't get a WS/CS, yes. However I did get a lot of MP 1/2/3 which is cool.

Did the Raffle Rates seem fair to you?
    Yes, they did.

Event duration and announcement was good. Wouldn't change anything else. Great event!

You can view my raffle stats here. It's a little rough in some parts, but should make sense hopefully. If anyone has any questions for me, please ask!

15. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Only weigh in: everything being locked behind raffle felt bad, and level locking items out even further felt bad. Lack of Pumpkin Lantern/Baskets/Spears feelsbadman. Being forced to NLC to claim raffle then be forced to ride the train from hell is omegafeelsbadman.

The questline was tedious, but not bad.

Please include the Pumpkin Lantern next year. MapleF10:thumbsup:
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1402044

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    RaffleMuleStory is absolutely horrendous & that’s all I have to say about that. - Forrest Gump

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    1. PUMPKIN COIN: The pumpkin coin drop item was frustratingly easy to miss when dropped. I would've liked to see a larger item, uniquely colored item, gachapon ticket/nx card magic swirl around the coin, or somehow always showing the coin in the foreground over other etc drops when on the ground. The pumpkin coin was exactly the same orange as the Orange Mushroom Cap and Shroom mob causing it to easily get lost behind the plethora of etc dropped during coin farm. This was especially frustrating at the commonly used coin farm spots such as HHG2, PP1, etc.

2. ITEM EXPIRATION: Whats the deal with the item expiration dates? The dates feel arbitrary... Why do I have items lasting longer than others? Due to their power or features? I'd like to see more consistency in the duration of items. These expiring items almost create a game within the game, changing the dynamic of how some players build new characters or what monsters are farmed to push a skill/stat that isn't normally pushed due to the need to satisfy a more important stat that is now being satisfied by event gears.

3. RAFFLE RESET - GOOD CHANGE: Making raffles reset at server reset rather than a 20 hour cool down. I feel this resulted in more participation in raffles and I didn't suffer from FOMO when the sweaties were tracking their raffles down to the second. I felt this evened the playing field and made the raffling a little more fair.

4. bred event

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Had fun thank you. Was nice having the Halloween free market again.

19. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    I don't understand the point of giving out event items with slots if they expire.

Also, a bit unrelated. Another event that gives out prestigious coins. Yet the coins did not deflate in value at all.

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    My opinion of the event was, it was okay. If events are always gonna be this short from here on out, I hope they are actually on time or at least a couple more in the year.

The little questline with the haunted mansion and butler PQ was cool and all, but I didn’t even end up finishing it because after talking with friends I realized all the rewards (besides chair) were basically worthless even for a low level character. So I only ended up doing raffles sparingly and mostly event point hunting. Definitely a huge step down in value compared to MMF.

As for event point hunting, I feel like grinding and APQ could have used an improvement, considering how easy it was to get points from LPQ and OPQ when I was doing it on a mule. Those PQs were kinda OP for points, but I think that’s not a bad thing because the event was so short.

Raffle system still sucks, but I think I’m starting to sound like a broken record here. But hey it’s the truth. It’s been over a year now since the new raffle system, surely it can use a second look by now.

Also regarding the raffle, the use of 2 NPCs was confusing and I would not recommend it again. Since there was no quest bubble and 2 NPCs I lost a couple raffles the first few days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong since I would click on the wheel and it didn’t show any option for raffling, only the rewards (which is what you expect to see if you have no raffle for the day in previous events). Not very intuitive.

Good cosmetics this time, as always. Whoever is choosing cosmetics is the GOAT.

Honestly if Christmas or other events is expected to be on the same par as this one id be disappointed. Shorter isn’t necessarily worse, but there needs to be better rewards for the event content.