1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] Lunar New Year Event 2023

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Apr 4, 2023.

1. GodOfAlts

GodOfAlts Mano

Dec 9, 2021
    Male
    4:16 AM
    GodOfHeals
    Bishop
    HOOD
    • Event Content
      • Space Gaga JQ
        • Did you enjoy the Space Gaga JQ?
        1. I personally can't stand jqs. So I did not enjoy this portion of the event. My opinion on this is extremely biased and I know a lot of people did enjoy it.
        • Did the 3-per-day completion limit seem fair to you?
        1. Limits did not apply to me.
        • Were the rewards for completing the JQ fair?
          • As a reminder:
          • First Completion: Spaceship Mount Skill Level 1 and Space Beam Skill
          • Tenth Completion: Spaceship Mount Skill Level 2
          • Every Completion: x15 Year of the Rabbit Coin
          1. I did not earn any of the rewards, tried the jq a few times and felt my keyboard would break, so I stopped LOL.
      • Yard of Moon Flowers
        • Did you enjoy farming Moon Flowers?
        1. I honestly did enjoy this. It was an easy daily to do without having to find a pt or socialize.
        • Were the rewards for farming Moon Flowers worth your time?
        1. Ring was def. worth it.
      • Space Mine
        • Did you use the Space Mine to collect Year of the Rabbit Coins?
        • Were the rewards for mining Krypto Crystals worth your time?
      • Acronym Quiz with Smartie Moon Bunny
        • Did you enjoy the Acronym Quiz?
        1. The quiz was extremely cute. It made me giggle a bunch of times and was enjoyable to do. Easy to get coins for multiple alts without the need to find a pt point group.
        2. A lot of the past events, I did not get cosmetics for all of my alts. I have a bunch that I play and find a pt within my range to farm points got too tedious. This was easy to do and very very much appreciated.
        • How often did you complete it?
        1. Every day, on 14 alts.
      • Moony-Eyed Portrait
        • Do you like the idea of obtaining 1 free chair from the Event via a Quest?
        1. Box chairs are always cute. Easy and a sure thing to get.

• Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss
        • Were there any Monster or Bosses you struggled with?
        1. Bone sharks on my f/p.
        2. Censors.
        3. Any mob in shanghai map. Map is huge with few spawn.
        4. Tauromacis were the absolute worst though. Only a few spawn a map on a spawn timer. I got them a few times and would go through all maps, then fm and cc and repeat. It took awhile when someone else also had the same raffle mob.
      • Rewards
        • Did you feel like the rates for the Raffle rewards were fair?
        1. Raffling is raffling. It is gambling and the results usually end well depending on number of attempts.
        • Were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with?
        1. My only complaint for the rewards would be merchants. Having multiple merchants don't really help.

• Event Points
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Event Points (Year of the Rabbit Coins)?
      1. Relatively easy and very much appreciated.
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Event Points?
        • Which method did you use the most?
        1. The daily quiz.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Event Points on?
        1. Very satisfied. Lots of options with cosmetics, pets and EMOTES.
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your points on?
        • Did you have a lot of leftover points by the end of the Event?
        1. No, all point spent.

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event?
      1. The theme, maps, cosmetics etc were extremely cute.
      • How did you feel about traveling to the Event HUB Map (Lunar World)?
      1. It was a cute and fun idea, it was hilarious when trying to type and falling off.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory?
      1. Perfect length of time imo.
      2. Enough time to farm everything needed in the event without feeling like it was a chore.
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event?
      1. Extremely pleased, great job team for bringing a wonderful and fun event.

2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:16 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    In the 6 years of events I've seen the ones I've enjoyed the most and have the fondest memories of have been the least balanced. Looking past the vibes of this event there's very little content, with very few rewards compared to what players were able to get in the past. I think this is because everything is balanced so hard that nothing is allowed to be good. The best rewards we can expect are Ulu 2 levels of money-making. If you're raffling on one client and just casting DK Roar on the other there's a decent chance the DK will make more money than the raffle. Overall, past the vibes the entire event just seems milquetoast and that's how I'd describe the last few events.

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:16 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    • Event Content
        • Did you enjoy the Acronym Quiz?
          Yes! I thought it was cute and entertaining. I believe there is a lot of potential here to expand upon. MapleLegends 'lore', trivia, game-related knowledge and/or expanding upon more complicated topics like JafelJafel mentioned.
        • How often did you complete it?
          Multiple times on multiple characters. I'm guesstimating the total amount of completions is roughly somewhere in the twenties.
      • Moony-Eyed Portrait
        • Do you like the idea of obtaining 1 free chair from the Event via a Quest?
          Absolutely! I just didn't know it was an option so I completely missed this.

• Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss
        • Were there any Monster or Bosses you struggled with?
          I wasn't particularly fond of the Eagle Swordsmen. They seemed like a less enjoyable Shaolin mob to raffle than e.g. White Tiger Swordsman.
          Trying to get Crimson Balrog is usually my last resort for weaker chars, this is always pretty hit-or-miss. I think I averaged 7 boat rides per rog kill. However, that is not a complaint towards Crimson Balrog being a monster in the raffle pool. I'm honestly grateful to have a fairly easy last-resort option for weak classes.
      • Rewards
        • Did you feel like the rates for the Raffle rewards were fair?
          For reference, I've included my raffles in the spoiler below.
          upload_2023-4-5_13-46-17.png
          Yeah, I did think all the rewards had good rates. Obviously I can't tell what the actual rates were, but my relatively small sample size left me feeling like all rates were appropriate. Not getting a cs/ws out of 100 raffles seems perfectly reasonable (This is not sarcasm, I'm not that salty)
        • Were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with?

• Event Points
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Event Points (Year of the Rabbit Coins)?
        I found it easy to get as many as I needed.
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Event Points?
        • Which method did you use the most?
          It was pretty balanced. Some characters gained them through active playing (just leveling up at bosses/mobs), while others got them mostly from the quiz.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Event Points on?
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your points on?
          Not really. I suppose I long back to the days of getting heaps of APR, but I don't think it's good for the server as a whole.
        • Did you have a lot of leftover points by the end of the Event?
          Not really, I just finished my leftovers on pets etc.

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event?
        It was cute!
      • How did you feel about traveling to the Event HUB Map (Lunar World)?
        Fun for one time, slightly less fun for 30 times a day. Particularly if a character was in the HUB and I wanted to trade something or use FM.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory?
        Yep!
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event?
        Absolutely. Thanks everyone for another great event.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  4. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    11:16 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I only did the Space Gaga JQ, but I loved it!!
    Would be super awesome if the leaderboard feature could be implemented to other, already existing JQs!

FoxF2

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    5:16 AM
    Jean
    Beginner
    Funk
    i like space gaga jump quest a little bit is hard but i want to complete to get new skill (even if i have to use it for a little while) i didn't get other events i was lazy but i did enjoy the new map feel like are more stuff out there of maplelegends universe.

6. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    event was nice, i liked it overall. spaceship mount was pog. ring was pog, and i liked that it took many days
    to complete the ring.

I also do wish there were mp potions or something useable to spend event coins on. Maybe some GM buffs can be redeemed with a lot of event coins. i don't have strong opinions on APR, but maybe having one APR redeemable per day (with a lot of event coins) could be fun (i don't think every event needs APR as part of rewards!)

oh i loved the acronym quiz, it must be informative for new players. i thought it was a good idea.

7. Japan

Japan Snail

Apr 5, 2023
    Japan
    Bowmaster
    Beaters
    Greetings!
    I've been an on and off player since 2019~ and have experienced a good number of events.
    Whilst the event itself was cute and fun, I felt the rewards and purchasable items were a bit lacking. I will explain why.
    • The Ring. The ring is nice for washers and newer players, but that's about it. Once I saw the duration of the ring, I stopped participating in that part of the event.
    • The Shop. The shops I remember had AP Resets and Outfits. This shop had some pets, which were cute, expressions that expire in 1 month, and the usual hair and face coupons. After buying the pets and grabbing the hair and face coupons, there's nothing to spend your points on. My character has over 2k coins leftover.
    • The Raffle. The raffle itself was fine, cause RNG is RNG. The stuff inside the raffle that I was a little displeased with. It was the overwhelming number of consumables and the merchant that I somehow managed to get 3 of. My feedback on the raffle is a little biased cause of my personal experience(girlfriend and I did the raffle every day on a total of 10~ characters and never hit one of the big items). Very depressing to spend all that time traveling between different continents on top of the traveling I'm already doing for bossing, just to get some soup 2-3 times a day.
    tl;dr Future rewards and the shop could use some more brainstorming. Everything else about the event was fun and cute.

Here's some suggestions for future events.
    • Add AP Resets back. There are still a lot of players out there who have committed to HP/MP washing and can't really play their characters for 1-3 years. I personally was expecting to grind for them and was very excited that I would be able to possibly finish washing. Not having them in the store kind of just ruined my whole drive to want to play again. I'm sure there are plenty of others who feel the same. The HP Challenges are right around the corner, and all these players will be able to experience bossing before the ones who have voted for months/years and still haven't saved up enough.
    • Put something in the shop to spend our excess coins on. There's only so many hair and face coupons one character needs and there's no point in buying multiple of the same pet.
    • Incentivize the rewards. The only thing I'll be left with in a few months is 1 untradeable chair. After two days of the event, the only thing I participated in was the raffle.
    • Host more mini events. It's rare enough to be online for one normally throughout the year. Would be nice to have more opportunities to participate in them during event times.
    • Tweak the raffle just a little bit. Maybe only include one HP and one MP consumable. OR have two rewards for one raffle. One will have the usual RNG reward, and the other will be from a set list of items that will be randomized on when you'll get it but if you participate in the raffle every day, you will be able to receive everything.
    I'll update this if I think of any more ideas, but I think this is a good stopping point haha.

8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    The event overall was cool, not because of the event itself, but the potential it can represent from a technical standpoint (though I said this last time so maybe it's copium by now). In terms of issues, my biggest complaints are the lack of nx items, the raffle is old news, and there isnt much to sustain the event after the raffle. There were plenty of good nx items but they ALL had the same vibe with no diversity, and its one I didn't care for personally. My old outfit was from a Valentine event so I know there's a variety of good looks that got passed up in there, but I'll be rocking the old giant ice cream hat for now.

I suppose my biggest issue with the raffle system is that it's virtually the same as it was when it was released. I know there have been some changes to the mobs, but not many. One example old raffle used to have to kill froscola and now you kill the jester scarlion. And I know that because when you go to their mini dungeon the half that isn't on the raffle is the only thing that exists. Imo the range of stinkers on the 3rd job raffle is too high, considering dark yeti and tauracis are on the list, with no option to kill a boss or something instead. All that said, the raffle format still isn't bad, it's just a tad stale when it's used every event (I think I mentioned this possibility when this raffle format was first used).

The event ring was good, albeit a tad too strong for an event ring imo. But I'm glad we finally get an event item that doesn't force speed/jump on our characters if we want the other stats (especially jump).

The other event festivities have the same issue as many events of late; other than the raffle, the "festivities" are over in a couple hours. I do get the unfortunate position that multi character event farming places us in, but the event loop for events as long as I can remember now is log in, check raffle, log off. The showcase of new features between this and the Halloween event are intriguing, but from a player pov I don't think that carries much weight.

It's a tough balancing act when years ago people complained about events being "too busy" or having too many coins or the like, but I will not hesitate to say they were wrong. Sterilized, easy to digest events remove the excitement that made events cool in the first place. Technical achievements aside, this event had the lasting power of a 2-day event, so what do we do with the remaining weeks?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. datahush

datahush Red Snail

Mar 28, 2020
    Bowman
    [​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    Celeste
    I loved how easy it was to get cosmetics via the quiz.

I wish points were awarded via HPQ (especially since there's no benefit other than cosmetics for it. I recognize HPQ was excluded back when points could be redeemed for APR)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  11. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    Dropping a comment here that we didn't get any cosmetics for eyes & cape ): Please keep in mind for next event, greatly appreciated for a lot of casual players!

12. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    5:16 PM
    Didn't have as much time to play during this event as I would have liked to, but here goes!

• Event Content
      • Space Gaga JQ
        • Did you enjoy the Space Gaga JQ?
          I've always enjoyed Space Gaga JQ from the first time I tried it almost a decade ago on official servers
        • Did the 3-per-day completion limit seem fair to you?
          It was fine for me, helps to prevent burn out with a completion limit since ppl can't do everything on all chars on just the first few days
        • Were the rewards for completing the JQ fair?
          • As a reminder:
          • First Completion: Spaceship Mount Skill Level 1 and Space Beam Skill - Did it on all low mobility chars I was playing
          • Tenth Completion: Spaceship Mount Skill Level 2 - Skipped as I'm playing too many chars to do 10 times on all
          • Every Completion: x15 Year of the Rabbit Coin - Helpful
      • Yard of Moon Flowers
        • Did you enjoy farming Moon Flowers? No, did it for first few days and skipped it. It was good that staff decided to extend timer in the map halfway into the event because it made it easier for ppl who struggled to harvest everything. But I felt staff could have allowed for maybe 2 entries per day.
        • Were the rewards for farming Moon Flowers worth your time? Skipped it on all chars, know a lot of people who skipped it as well. Reasons vary from difficulty (especially before the timer extension) to item expiration date (3 months wasn't worth the moon flowers farming effort to us).
      • Space Mine
        • Did you use the Space Mine to collect Year of the Rabbit Coins? No
        • Were the rewards for mining Krypto Crystals worth your time? No
        • Did you enjoy the Acronym Quiz? Yes, it allows for very casual players to have a way of getting enough points for all the NX outfits, pets & hair/face coupon they want without tedious farming. It also gave us a chance to give a makeover to the mules we want to do it on.
        • How often did you complete it? As often as I could on all playing chars, since effort:points reward ratio was very good.
      • Moony-Eyed Portrait
        • Do you like the idea of obtaining 1 free chair from the Event via a Quest? Yes! <3 no one says no to more chairs

• Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss
        • Were there any Monster or Bosses you struggled with? Not particularly but I always forfeited C.Rogs whenever it comes up and do 100 Mobs because the spawn rate of C.Rogs is horrendous when your RNG is bad. I can find it on my first ship or I can find it after 8 9 ships. Even when I can clear C.Rogs on 3 different chars together at once I still skip it. Montrecer for weaker geared (newer players) melees w/o stun or freeze that can't kill them fast before getting stunned could feel horrible.
      • Rewards
        • Did you feel like the rates for the Raffle rewards were fair? Overall for the general rewards yes. When it comes to WS/CS RNG has always been very volatile for me, though being unlucky is not a bug. I think I averaged 350 x level 120+ raffles for a WS/CS for previous 2 raffle events but I was very lucky to get it on the last day in 1xx tries this time round.
        • Were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with? Multiple merchants on the same account feels bad, also I think staff should make event raffle merchant rewards consistent (permanent/with expiry date) as I recall the previous merchant being permanent (?)

• Event Points
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Event Points (Year of the Rabbit Coins)? Easy due to Acronym Quiz
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Event Points? I think it's nice to have a wide range of ways to earn event points
        • Which method did you use the most? Acronym Quiz
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Event Points on? Was hoping for AP Resets
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your points on? AP Resets
        • Did you have a lot of leftover points by the end of the Event? No, because I didn't have a lot of time to play during this event and I also play on multiple chars.

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event? Yes!
      • How did you feel about traveling to the Event HUB Map (Lunar World)? The trampoline was fun at first but the novelty wore off about 1-2 weeks in and it started to feel annoying towards the end. Would also be nice if we can access cash shop in event map. Was using up all remaining points to exchange for NX outfits on the last day on all chars and it was annoying to have to move 3 maps to leave event map in order to check what NX outfits I already have in CS, and then jump back up again.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory? Would have preferred it to last a month!
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event? Yes! :) loved the pets this time round and was glad that farming events points was very friendly for casual players with the acronym quiz

13. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    10:16 AM
    Paladin
    Funk
    Granted, I am a filthy casual, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this event! A few things that stood out to me were:

⦁ The presentation of the event in the official forum post was exquisite. Fantastic writing, beautiful artwork and professional design/formatting.

⦁ Crisp and fresh looking event maps and NPCs. Everything looked like it belonged. Nicely done.

⦁ Interesting and fun new game mechanics introduced with the jumping springs, UFO and leaderboards functionality.

⦁ Making people work over several days to finish their event ring was a nice touch, and it definitely helped keep my interest going for a bit longer. Perhaps this idea can be utilized and expanded on in even more creative ways for future events.

⦁ In my opinion, the ring itself is far too strong stat-wise. One idea could be having the upgrade tokens work like a chaos scroll with a 100% success rate and the potential of -1~1 all stat.

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but one potential new game mechanic I just thought of that could be fun, would be to give event rings an active skill portion; be it a speed boost for x seconds, increased max HP for x seconds, or even straight up godmode for just a second on an x seconds cooldown would spice things up and possibly open up for more skill expression. You get the idea. Very custom, I know. Moving on...

⦁ The raffle quest should have a greater variety in monsters to fight. Even if it means I have to slaughter 100 pink teddies at level 180, I'd much prefer that over himes for the nth time. It would probably take me just as long to do as well.

⦁ Raffle rewards. It's been mentioned already, but I think the lower tier rewards wouldn't feel as unrewarding if they were at least somewhat useful like % potions, smegas, owls, etc.

Thanks for the great work and Happy Easter!

14. imSK

imSK Red Snail

Mar 11, 2023
    We're raffle prizes fair?

As a new player I don't think they were, the prizes I was able to get was disappointing compared to what I later learned what higher levels could get. Existing players had the advantage and it would have been nice to help fund my first character.

To play devils advocate, I could see this prize value / level was implemented so that users didn't make more accounts just to raffle.

For the raffle, it would have been more fun if you could accept raffles together with friends, (increase difficultly with more people/lv differences)

Overall I enjoy the event, it was fun. Just the raffle prizes were a bummer