1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding it very difficult to make money: please help!

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Electroxin, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Electroxin

Electroxin Red Snail

Apr 10, 2015
    3:05 AM
    Beginner
    Hello everyone, I only started playing a few days ago.

I am finding it REALLY hard to make money (I am a bowman) because I need to spend a lot of money on pots, and therefore I can't even train and hope for good drops because I have no money to buy potions...

Is there any way to get out of this vicious cycle? How can I make money without spending an ungodly amount on pots?

Thanks

2. Combo

Combo Red Snail

Apr 8, 2015
    12:05 PM
    Combo
    Doing more quests / PQing is a good way to save money. The cost of potions here definitely takes a toll on your mesos but it's manageable.

3. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    5:05 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    It gets easier after 2nd job. I had to spend most of my 1st job time not even using my skills.

4. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    5:05 PM
    I lose money doing KPQ though. But quests are good, and grinding on the right mobs are good (bubblings/wild boars). Once you hit 35 and do some gach you should be fine.

5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Oh, and as soon as you are able to kill Evil Eye's, go through the Ant Tunnel and do the <99> quests of Horny Mushrooms, Zombie Mushrooms, and Evil Eyes. Those quests give potions. The drops are used for other quests too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    2:05 AM
    Grinding opposed to PQing will net you more mesos.

7. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
  8. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Speaking from a fellow bowman:
    1-30, bowman is literally the worst class in the game. It is easier to be a beginner from 1-30 than a bowman. I know because I've done both multiple times. The best thing you can do is beg fro moneys for potions and arrows, and then when you hit level 30 to to lupins and absolutely molest them with arrow bomb. Get a ryden by then or else your damage will be useless and you will miss a lot. The miss won't be from missing, it will be from hitting 0 damage (which the game then renders as a miss).

Here is a really good skill build guide for bowman:
    http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/438031/0/Archer_Skill_Build_Guide.html

9. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    4:05 AM
    Your first issue may very well be what kind of pots you're buying. If you want the best value go to NLC. The single best value potion for low-leveled players is the Grilled Cheese. You pay 500 mesos for 500mp, 500hp, and +20 weapon defense for 30 minutes. This would be a very good price for a potion that gave 500hp. This would be an insane price for a potion that gave 500mp. For a potion that gives both, there is no better value. Other potions that offer a good bang for your buck are Pizza and Barbarian/Sorcerer's Elixirs (when you get to a higher level). If you buy the right kind of potions, you will drastically reduce your spending.

Now, depending on what level you are, you could try Wild Boars, but they can be pretty difficult for ranged classes, and you might wind up using a lot of HP potions. An easier spot you could go to is Henesys Pig Farm. There is an extremely good spawn of Pigs and Ribbon Pigs, and while their drops aren't amazing, you should be able to get enough to make it count. There is also a safe spot for every single platform, so you should save a bunch of money on HP potions.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    <30 was brutual for me as a bowman since your damage is awful.

Though you can't do a lot of damage, I'd reccomend doing kpq and asking for help on the gators. I made my first million soley by getting a 10% overall for int as a reward.

I then used that million to buy 10% overall int from other party members for 250k each.

And so on.

11. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    11:05 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    so thats why overall int scrolls are so overpriced right now (x

12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    For level 10-30, Bowman is the worst class. Even worse than Beginner.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    11:05 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    For future readers that come across this thread - I wouldn't recommend KPQ if you're trying to make mesos / save potions. Unless your party is okay with collecting all the tickets for you in stage 1 and you don't mind missing out on killing the king slime. The gators who drop the tickets don't drop any potions or mesos and the king slime doesn't either but the both take a bunch of potions if your using your job skills.

14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The bonus stage is pretty recommended though, but many times people don't want stay in that (worse exp).

15. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    We all had this
    Bonus stage is quite fast exp.
    Many people over rate KPQ , u waste much time for doing the stage / getting party ready / go in and out.
    U can spend all that time grind with party

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:05 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Best advice I have to offer is pick your fights carefully and fight strategically. Often times grinding on weaker mobs is far more profitable than trying to constantly get the maximum possible exp/hr. Also since you are a bowman, sniping spots are your friend. Look for places you can pick off monsters with ease and utilize them to the fullest.

17. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    5:05 PM
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    *Mano Quest (30k mesos)
    *Wild boars (Great Drops!)
    *35 Gach (NPC Shitty Gach, Sell rares at market price)
    *Create a Cleric for infinite mesos
    *Loot all mesos & etc.
    *Sell useful etc in FM (Stiff Feather/Leathers)
    *Sell Bathrobe/wg at higher price in FM
    *Merch!

18. balthier92

balthier92 Blue Snail

May 4, 2015
    Male
    make a magician. get him to tree dungeon. shrooms here drops 80k-100k weapons kind of really often. you will be millionaire even before 2nd job

19. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    its part of playing hardcore server.
    Find place where it potswise and stick to it even
    If ita not expwise , foe example teddies at ludi