1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician Fire / Poison Mage Guide [Quick]

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by ApplePie, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    11:28 AM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    fire / poison guide
    by: ApplePie

[​IMG]

Introduction
    Hello friends, it’s ApplePie! Good on you for choosing fire/poison over the other 9 classes! It is one of the easiest classes to level, with a relatively active training path to 4th job. Unlike other classes, fire/poison mages heavily rely on DOT (damage over time) skills to train to 4th job, so you won’t have to worry about damage or funding until then. I will provide you with a quick guide, and I’ll try to answer any questions you may have.

AP Build
    Okay, should I be lukless, low-luk, or reg-luk? What does that even mean?
    - lukless: +5 INT every level

[Recommended, easy raw power, but can only equip statless equips]

- low-luk: add only enough AP points into LUK to equip your weapons, the rest into INT

[You can equip some low level armor and wear fancy weapons, less power than lukless]

- reg-luk: add the same amount of AP points into LUK as your current level, the rest into INT

[You can equip anything mage related… ANYTHING! But you sacrifice attack power]

TL;DR: +5 INT EVERY LEVEL

SP Build
    1st Job:

Energy Bolt (1)
    Improved MP Recovery (5)
    Improved MaxMP Increase (Max)
    Magic Claw (Max)
    Magic Guard (Max)
    Improved MP Recovery (Max)

If you really want a little bit more MP, get energy bolt after Improved MaxMP Increase, but honestly, don't do it unless you wanna struggle killing slimes.

2nd Job:

Teleport (1)
    Fire Arrow (Max)
    Poison Brace (Max)
    Teleport (Max)
    MP Eater (Max)
    Slow (Max)
    Meditation (1)

Fire Arrow first to get you to level 55 (Death Teddy Training). Meditation is pretty useless, considering that you can buy +20 Magic Attack Pots at New Leaf City. Slow isn't essential but it's fun to slow down mobs and bosses. If you want meditation, put 1 in slow instead.

3rd Job:

Poison Mist (Max) (*or add 1 explosion in there)
    Elemental Amplification (3)
    Spell Booster (11)
    Explosion (Max)
    Seal (Max)
    Spell Booster (Max)
    Partial Resistance (Max)
    Elemental Amplification (
    Max)
    Elemental Composition (1)

Max Poison Mist ASAP for Risell Squids + Skeles training. Spell booster gives you faster casting speeds, and explosion gives mobbing range. Seal is nice when you’re trying to climb ropes.
    *So 1 point in explosion doesn't really have good range, so this is up to you.

4th Job:

Paralyze (1)
    Meteor Shower (Max)
    Maple Warrior (9 / 19)
    Paralyze (Max)
    Fire Demon (5)
    Elquines (Max)
    Fire Demon (Max)
    Anything goes

If you don’t have the mastery books, save points and go as high as you can go. Meteor Shower is maxed first for faster training. Maple Warrior helps with damage, and paralyze is great for 1v1 attacks. *Max may mean as high as can be. Feel free to save SP for future mastery books.

Training
    Level 1-8: Maple Island Questing

Level 9-20: Questing, NLC quiz at 15, HPQ, Nautilus quests

Level 21-30: Questing, Jump quests, Nautilus quests, KPQ (bonus stage + Sleepywood kill 99 mush quests are amazing)

Level 31-34: Questing, Ariant quests, Ludi quests, Teddies or something

Level 35-50: Questing, LPQ, iunno, platoon chronos or gs2?

Level 51-54: Questing, gs2, opq, lmpq, i guess?

(I literally quested and pq'd to lv55, so no idea)

Level 55-76: Death Teddy Poison Training [Ludibrium: Path of Time 3]

[​IMG]

Start from the green star, then poison brace every single death teddy you see. Follow the route and you’ll end up at the start. That’s where the fun begins! Go through the same route and magic claw the teddies. 1HKO! Poison brace any newly spawned teddies. You WILL miss in the beginning. You WILL tank damage. You WILL burn pots. Don’t forget to use Magic Guard.
    Note: Magic Claw attacks twice = 2x the chance to hit the teddy! More INT = more ACC! (Submitted by Farm)

Level 70ish (Apparently, submitted by OldBoyOldBoy)

Spirit Vikings [Ludibrium: Path of Time <4>] - 2-channel misting
    Gigantic Spirit Vikings [Hidden Street: Twisted Time]

Level 76-80: Risell Squid Training [Aqua Road: Dangerous Sea Gorge 2]

Self-explanatory: Just poison mist all the platforms with Risell Squid, and magic claw them. You WILL miss, and you WILL tank damage. You could also land in the middle of them and use an explosion in hopes of hitting a few of them LOL.

Level 80: Skelegons / Skelesaurus [Leafre: Nest of a Dead Dragon]

[​IMG]

Congratulations for making it to your primary training spot until 4th job! Start from the green star, and poison mist each general area along the route. One on the platform right above you, 3-4 on the top platform, 1 on the lower right, 2 on the middle, and 1 at the end. You should do 2-channel misting, where you change channels are repeat. By the time you return to your previous channel, all the skeles should be misted with 1 HP left! Also, when you change channels, you end up at the green star.

Alternatively (Thanks CozyCozy) you can do 3-channel misting with a priest at level 105+. You mist the map, and the priest heals all the skeles within the misting path. You both get exp = win / win.

Level 80: Petrifighters [Singapore: Ulu City Center]

[​IMG]

Oh. So Skeles are now outdated huh? Try petrifighters then! You can start at the yellow star, and mist your way around for fun, fun, fun EXP. Have fun with the PPL2PASS and watch your friends and guildies get super jealous as you speed your way to 120. As usual, you will burn all the pots and sometimes die, but DAT EXP THO.

Level 120+:
    Wolf Spiders [MesoGears: Wolf Spider Cavern] (Level 120-130)
    Skelegons / Skelesaurus [Leafre: The Dragon Nest Left Behind]
    Transforming Jr. Newtie / Jr. Newtie [Leafre: Destroyed Dragon Nest]

Meteor Everything!

Equipment
    Being a fire/poison mage, you don’t have to worry about damage until 4th job. I personally chose to be a lukless mage, so I only know about equips for lukless builds.

Wooden Wand – Level 8 (Ellinia Job Instructor / Grocer)
    Yellow Work Gloves – Level 10 (Ellinia Gachapon)
    Bathrobe for Men / Women – Level 20 (Showa Bathhouse NPC 30k)
    Doroness Robe - Level 23 (Needs like. 25 luk or something)
    Purple Old Wisconsin – Level 20 (Ellinia Gachapon)
    Red Marker – Level 20 (Ellinia Gachapon)
    Fallen Leaf Earrings – Level 25 (Drops from Fire Brand [2])
    Red Emerald Earrings – Level 30 (Mushroom Shrine Gachapon)
    Green Paint Brush - Level 30 (Needs 5 STR, from Showa NPC for friggin 100k)
    Maple Staff - Level 35 (Maple Anniversary)
    Yellow Umbrella – Level 40 (Drops from Death Teddy)
    Nocturnal Staff - Level 43 (From Level 50 NLC quest, clearing streets)
    Better Maple Staff - Level 43 (Maple Anniversary)
    Diao Chan Sword - Level 48 (Drops from Cloud Fox in Mushroom Shrine)
    Flamekeeper Cordon – Level 50 (Drops from Firebrand [2])
    Yellow Snowshoes – Level 50 (Drops from Anego aka Female Boss in Showa)
    Purple Adventurer Cape – Level 50 (Ellinia Gachapon)
    Zhelm – Level 50 (Drops from Zakum Boss in El Nath)
    Purple Gaia Cape – Level 65 (Ellinia Gachapon)
    Black Umbrella – Level 70
    Elemental Wand 1 – Level 70 (Ellinia Gachapon)
    Elemental Wand 5 – Level 130 (Ellinia Gachapon)

Notes
    This is the first guide I’ve ever made, so feedback is welcome!

And it's not finished yet!

Um. Jr. Newties meteor thing to be released soon... No I didn't copy it from another player, I came to that conclusion through trial and error, but I don't mind sharing credit.

Ehhhhh bossing guide to be released soon... Yes I solo'd pianus + papulatus + zakum + anego before... I should really learn how to ss on a mac.

PS:
    F-FP Pride -cries-

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 22
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    11:28 PM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Maybe you can add Green Paint Brush, Diao Chan Sword, and Nocturnal Staff into the list of equipments? I know F/P mages who did change weapons before Ele Wand, not sure if that's needed.

You forgot the most fun part; gassing people at FM! Jk, nice guide MapleF2

• Like Like x 1
  3. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    9:28 AM
    Paladin
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    4:28 PM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It`s a nice guid! F/P forever :). You should add something about mp wash in this guide too, because it`s really helpfull at 4th job for meteor shower.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    [​IMG]
    Kimberly will punish me <3

• Like Like x 5
  6. OldBoy

OldBoy Red Snail

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    8:28 AM
    F/P Wizard
    Hogwarts
    Nice job Apple! Thanks for informing people about F/P life.

Absolutely essential strategy for FM, eh Dumbledore?

Things I have found as F/P mage:
    If you don't mind resetting some extra points, LUK is actually helpful for hitting high level mobs earlier (Yes its negligible). You can always cap it low and have a bit more gear options for an unfunded toon. I capped mine at 53. In retrospect, I would have kept it lower.

Since you don't need int for poison damage, you can afford to wear mobility increasing items all the way until 4th job. (Red/glowing whip, Iccy cape. I love my Bone Helm.) Its SO nice to be able to jump over mobs onto ropes and just have a bit more responsiveness. With the right gear and a smore, you can have max jump and speed without a pet.

Vikings is a very fun map, once you can hit them (level 70ish?). Plus ilbis chance! Also, 2 channel Gigantic Spirit Vikings with Mist is some of the best exp I have seen until you can Skele (bring A LOT of pots). The map is densely packed and when you cc, it takes you back to the top, so you can just mist all the way back down. Thanks to Languages for finding this.

You made it to 4th job? Time to start focusing on that int and MP for Meteor. Elemental Amplification is gonna give you a big boost to damage and a big boost to MP consumption. I didn't finish maxing it until right before 120, as it does increase training cost.

I forgot one very important thing! Blasting Jr. Grupins, Jr. Pepes, and Jr. Yetis with fire is great!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    4:28 PM
    Retired legendary player
    F/P Kreygasm
    trying to level one but gs5 is ResidentSleeper

• Like Like x 1
  8. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Logged in to say this BibleThump

• Like Like x 1
  9. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    Excellent guide!

I don't have an F/P on this server because I wanted to try other things, but this makes me want to go back to one. SlimeSad

• Like Like x 3
  10. mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Dark Knight
    What would you have capped at if you could go lower?

11. OP
    OP
    ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    Actually, INT helps with hitting high level mobs as well! Luk isn't exactly needed in legends!

12. mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Dark Knight
    What does LUK do, other than let you equip? And wouldn't it be good to be able to equip high-lvl weapons? My LUK rn is 34.

Thanks so much for this guide, btw!

13. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    5:28 PM
    Luck is only to equip mage equips, you don't need it because luckless you do more damage, also there's mage items that don't require luck at all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    HI! So Elemental Wand 1 (Lv70) and Elemental Wand 5 (Lv130) both do not require any luk at all!

Elemental Wand 5 would be your endgame weapon.

Yes, Elemental Staff 5 does require luk, and it has a bunch of m.att, but the luk required to equip it is not worth adding compared to the missed int.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Dark Knight
    Thank you! Guess I'll have my LUK capped at 34 then ^_^ it's kinda nice cause the weapon I have now matches my outfit lmao

• Like Like x 1
  16. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:28 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    For cast speed of explosion, how can we improve the cast speed?
    i assume by 1: using low lvl mushroom or evil wings (luk mages), but does booster (lv3 cast speed) help with casting spd of explosion?