1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

First character unfunded: pally or bucc?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by kickserve, Jan 24, 2019.

1. kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    3:39 AM
    I am trying to find a low maintenance class to start with, I have narrowed by choices to pally or bucc. Ideally I want a class with less of a player population.

Pros for pally: played in normal servers back in 2006, elemental allow more farming options, tanky to save on pots.

Con: seems very popular here(?), expensive gear due to population(?)

Pros for bucc: never played it before, low population(?)
    Cons: less tanky and less damage compare to pally? Low amount of gear in the market?

Not sure if I am getting these facts right, please correct! Thanks will try to get to level 10 after work so need to decide soon!

2. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    6:39 AM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    both are amazing choices, accessibility to get items for both jobs are very similar IMO. Price-wise I think pally might be a bit more expensive due to the price of its weapons.
    Boss-wise bucc's have Speed Infusion which is a nice thing to have, but paladins do a good job bossing too

3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    imo 100% go for bucc first. Its an amazing underrated starter class that doesn't have an EXTREMELY difficult time reaching fourth job. And, once you hit fourth job you get speed infusion, which is one of the most powerful party buffs in the game.

Paladin is more of a warrior/ mage hybrid here since they gave the heaven's hammer skill a very low cooldown. Basically., once a paladin has max heaven hammer, they can train at the same speed as mages, which also makes them very easy to get to high level.

The other thing is, if you go bucc and get it to fourth job, you will have an easier time starting a second character (if thats something you want to do) since SI speeds up training for most classes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Thanks for the advice, I am definitely leaning bucc, what do you mean by helping a second character though? It is not like I will have the bucc and the new character in a party to buff right? (Or is there a “inherit a buff” type of change in maple legends?)

5. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    8:39 PM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    You can leave your bucc in fm or same map as your character to provide buffs.

To answer your original question, I think both of those characters are fine for a starting class.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Ah as in I use 2 computers and 2 separate account right?

7. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    8:39 PM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Yes, and it's also possible to run 2 clients on 1 PC if you'd prefer. Both ways require 2 separate accounts though so you're correct on that.

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Basically what IgniIgni said. Multi clienting is definitely something I recommend doing if you want to play more than once class.

9. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Paladin uses first job skills to train all the way to 120, has to go out of there way to elemental weak mobs to train efficiently, and works best with swords which are relatively expensive because Heroes uses them as well. They also lack any kind of party buff. I personally enjoy Paladin a lot, but I would recommend Buccaneer instead for a first character. Paladin is, IMO, more of an option that's fun as an alternative character that takes you to maps you wouldn't normally go to.

10. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    6:39 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    They're so similar it doesn't really matter much. A shot list of pro/cons though, buccs get SI, which is desirable in bossing and pallys don't really offer anything for parties. Buccs put out slightly more DPS, but Pallys can really grind it out easily with their elemental abilities. Buccs have better mobility.

I think Buccs might have a small, debatable advantage over Pallys but both classes are highly respectable on this server.