1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix for @mapowner

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zeretius, May 17, 2015.

1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    4:31 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    So just tossing this out there,

MapleLegends has 3 channels, 4th sometime soon(as said by kim). There is'nt a variety of maps to train on that are equal to exp/hr some major maps that are overpopulated are like mp3 and gs2 mainly gs2. Currently the map is overcrowded.

So what i would like to suggest is an npc that sells instances of these maps for a certain price. Example; I go to Gs2 and find all 3 ch are full thats ok i have some meso lets talk to this npc and he can tele me to the same map for a period of time for a certain amount of mesos. Btw i know in the coming weeks there will be HUGE competition at skele's since there is no ToT or other spots as good. Instead of making "whole" channels why not just make instances of popular training zones? .. Sure its not GMS like but @mapowner isnt GMS like either.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    9:31 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Feel like this is exactly like what GMS did with the boss issue with not enough to go around, they put in Mirrors for people to go into and kill their own personal boss.

-1 for me :c

3. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    If you don't want to deal with how over crowded it is train somewhere else. It's just the price that you have to pay for a good map. With time there will be other viable maps until then people need to stop complaining lol.

-1 for me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    9:31 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    This is why mini dungeons were added. I think it's a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    4:31 PM
    I would rather you try to buy the map off another player than add the instanced map purchase option, this solves the issue of determining the correct price for one.

6. Electroxin

Electroxin Red Snail

Apr 10, 2015
    2:31 AM
    Beginner
    I agree, but I think it should be decently expensive (so that, approximately speaking the limited time you have in your own instance can only make you ~50% of the original cost to enter the map). Additionally I don't think this should exist for bosses as it devalues bossing and boss drops.

The problem with selling/buying maps from other players is that it creates a monopoly where certain groups intentionally hog the map to maximize profit. They essentially take ownership because they have the power to do so, it's just another method of abuse. This kind of abuse was rampant in GMS back in the good ol' days, remember the Vegeance guild in scania?

7. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Yeah map-selling has its downsides.

Still I feel that allow people to purchase instances is similar to opening more channels in some ways, except that you pay a price and you can restrict it to exclude boss maps and others.

I think competition for maps does bring some good in that more people will explore alternative methods of training (such as quests or PQ), or simply find other maps to train at, which I personally think is important given the lesser diversity of training spots chosen by players since the more OP spots were introduced. Back in the days players were happy to try a variety of spots, but here in v62 there's a relatively more standard path. The alternative spots may not be as good as the best maps, but there might be some that are fairly close (do you always have to have to best?), or there might be maps that compensate slower exp for better drops. Not that allowing instance purchasing entirely wipes out the use of alternative maps or methods, but I believe it will still affect it somewhat because some (could be half, or more or less depending on price) people are willing to pay the amount.

The mapowner command has worked fine in other servers, I don't see a pressing need for it to be changed. Even with 20 channels in GMS at some point in time you still couldn't find a spot in the more popular maps, so this is in some sense re-creating that situation here.

8. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Opening an instance I think would be easier on the server than opening a whole new channel with unused maps. However I'm not sure how that actually works.

Training at alternative maps might be good for some people but why would I spend 6hrs training to level in an alternative spot when I can level in 1hr at the popular spot.. I personally wouldn't waste my time and would do something else.

Lastly @mapowner wasn't in gms I would just ks people.

9. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Also I would like to add to my topic.. the cost of the instance would be progressive to the character level.

10. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    You're exaggerating here. Using gs 2 as an example, GS 5, GS 1 and MP 3 are decent alternatives that takes about roughly 20% longer to level?

Different people may feel differently about KS-ing. Some do it and suck it up when they themselves get KS-ed, other people want to avoid it altogether. Potential large scale KS wars may result if mapowner is removed, so it's better to play it safe and make everyone play nice.

11. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Okay in terms of levels 1-90 you can find pretty decent spots, 90-200 however is going to be insane without ToT there is only a few high level mages atm but in the long term skele's will be a nightmare with 3-4 channels.

12. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    I think Kimberly said no to this. It would probably encourage a lot of solo play (similar to say Neckson's Dragon Nest or Vindictus) which I don't think is a great direction to go in. Likewise, there would probably be a lot of issues in terms of map changes, return scrolls, players attempting to use a teleport rock to someone, etc. that would just be too complicated to do this for.