1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing the worst thing about LPQ

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Annolis, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    9:25 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I'm sure we all get to the puzzle stage of 9 boxes and shout in the back of our minds, "WHICHEVER PROGRAMMER THOUGHT WE'D ENJOY AN ELONGATED KPQ NEEDS A PUNCH IN THE FACE," and then proceed to go through the grueling process of unlocking the puzzle.

What if we borrowed a feature from CWKPQ? In the level where characters go into the dark rooms to kill monsters (only when they open their eyes), why not have a special platform? (More on that in a minute)...

There are five boxes that have to be stood upon in order to unlock the level. There are five different classes. Since the puzzle box code is randomized, why not have each class be able to use a 2nd job skill that will trigger something on the special platform that reveals one of the boxes that you'd need to stand on? If you have only wizards and an assassin, you're only going to get two numbers revealed and the other three will have to cycle through the rest. But if you have a warrior, mage, bowman, thief, and pirate, you can all stand on the appropriate boxes right away and proceed to Alishar.

To compensate for the extra time your party would get, reduce the timer down to 30 minutes.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    or just deal with how LPQ is? its not that hard of a stage lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:25 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I don't feel like KPQ (or anything else, really) should be changed from the way old MapleStory used to be. LPQ has always been this way, changing it now would ruin everyone that grinded it out before.

Also, it's really not that much of a bother. I personally have never thought "WHICHEVER PROGRAMMER THOUGHT WE'D ENJOY AN ELONGATED KPQ NEEDS A PUNCH IN THE FACE," :p

4. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    No one has ever said it was difficult. It's just tedious.

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Psh, you expect this game to be fun? f3

6. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Personally, I've always enjoyed the stage. I just hear so many people complain about it. I just thought I'd offer a compromise.

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There's no plans to make major changes like these to PQ's. There's some servers that skip stage 9 altogether and I frown upon them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.