1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you who play on 800x600

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Myrosb, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    9:06 PM
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Do you play with the window minimized, or is there a way to scale the window up to say fit from the top too the bottom of my screen, while maintaining the aspect ratio (so it doesn't get all stretched)?

2. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    3:06 AM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Press alt+enter

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    I mean while maintaining the aspect ratio.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:06 AM
    Moderator Post
    you need change that with your driver settings like NVIDIA. You can keep the aspect ration, but you will have black bars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    You mean as in setting up a custom resolution?

6. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    I figured it out, thanks for your help.

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:06 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If you're on windows, you can also force full screen in windowed mode by pressing windows + up arrow. It'll blow up the entire image and look horrible, but you'll be able to tab between different windows. Works okay if you're on a multiple monitor set up.

8. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    2:06 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Can you share what the solution to your answer is? so that future people who are looking can find the answer too?

Thank you

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    11:06 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Assuming he did the same thing as i do.
    Intel Graphic CP > Display > Select "Scale full screen" instead of "Maintain aspect ratio"
    The former will stretch the display to full while the latter will maintain the 800x600 ratio with black bars at the side.

10. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    I use nvidia display drivers so the instructions are a little different than what Shinohara suggested but it is the same thing. I'm actually traveling right now, however, when I get back to my PC I can share with you the exact instructions. IIRC it was something called custom resolution, and I typed in something close to resolution of the game I wanted, I ended up going with the setting #1 instead of 800x600. The 800x600 had black bars on the top/bottom and the sides, so I just increased it to match the height of my monitor and then set the width to be something that fits the game so when I full screen it, it fits snug on the screen. Hope that makes some sense :D if not I will revise this when I return home and give a more step by step description.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Capture12.JPG
    I'm back home so I will explain the exact steps I took. I'm on windows 10 but it should be the same across the different version of windows.

Right click on desktop > Open NVIDIA control Panel> Under Display select "Adjust desktop size and position" > first select the display you want to change > then go to the "Size" tab > Select "Enable Desktop Resizing" and click "Resize... "

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  12. CloudHeart

CloudHeart Red Snail

Sep 6, 2020
    3:06 AM
    Not sure if this is allowed, or of any use for that matter, but i personally use a tool called WinReform to resize my clients, keeping the aspect ratio to 4/3 seems to keep the graphics in check.
    Find it personally a lot easier than messing around in the nvidia control panel.