1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Formal Proposal] Quester's Ring

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 30, 2020.

Do you support this proposal?

1. Yes

498 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes, but needs changes (specify in thread)

84 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:43 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    My response to Annolis
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    11:43 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Not sure about you, but I'd prefer mode wdef/mdef than to do X amounts more at a boss.
    Now, for a mage (filthy mages) that isn't really important, but for someone like a warrior, archer or thief the added Wdef / base ACC is more important than the +21-23 stats I get from a HTP, especially if I'm interested in not washing.

As a ring it would just be a [​IMG] way to not start giving more options for people as a pendant.
    Okay yes, most people start using Sheriff emblem, but gg for unfunded people, they'll get it by lvl 90s (if his guild helps him get foot+head), else he'll just be happy enough using the quester pendant with tier 3-6 during those level ranges.
    Especially if said player actually started getting tier 1-2 monster ring + ellin ring, got married + has event ring, why have to choose between rings, when there's already a good set of 4 rings? Why add more rings? Makes no sense.
    Yeah ok, you can remove wedding ring, but that's another [​IMG] reason to put this as a ring.

At a higher lvl there needs to be more game freedom.
    I don't want to sound nazi, but ffs why do I have to pick an HTP or MoN as single only best pendants? There's legit no good pendant other than those 2. (sheriff is ok, but to a certain point)

Give us a 4th pendant to use smh

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  3. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    5:43 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Thread: No, a pendant is better! No, face acc is better! No, we should add medals!
    pepeclown.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    5:43 AM
    iPippy
    Less avoid than htp: check
    Less accuracy than htp: check (dex and luk count towards accuracy too you know)
    Less raw dex to wear equips: check (goodbye ST, flairgrave, etc)

If you dont wanna wear either htp or mon, just dont. Nobody says you HAVE to fill a slot.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Accuracy is definitely a nice bonus to have, and I think most of us agree on it. (How much accuracy to give however might be up for debate, though I like what's proposed.) As for defence, I agree with your views.

But because defence is inferior to offence, I feel that it's not a good idea for the quest reward accessory to be in direct competition with the endgame pendants. Which brings me to this:

I'm no pro player, so I have no idea how useful a defensive boost is for endgame content. If a defensive item is really going to be a viable alternative to the current endgame pendants, and if a defensive playstyle is still competitive enough to make up for the lack of DPS, then I will agree that a pendant is a good idea. But as of this moment, I still feel that the current endgame pendants will still be the clearly superior option.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    generally speaking I'm sure the 21-23 stats difference for a non-mage class would equal to... maybe 500-700 more dmg per attack(? idk can't be fucked to calculate, just throwing random numbers)
    So let's randomly say that you're loosing a 5% of dmg per skill (very random)

on the long run, if you're doing 100m DPM that's 95m DPM (if we calculate 5% stable loss for all hits, and the hit is always the same), I don't really see the problem with such decrease in DPS.
    Most likely the buff of +250wdef from a HTP would generally mean you'd get maybe 750-1k less dmg per hit, that's very nice if we're speaking of non hardcore washing machines chars that are trying to play the game without voting for 10+ months.

And if you're going to write a thesis about how my calculations are wrong, just re-read the post, I said very random.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    MottoMotto
    [​IMG]

BOYS. This is a discussion for Quester's RING, okay? It is a ring. A RING. If you want to make your own suggestion for pendants, face accessories, pet equips, ANYTHING - then do kindly make your own thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    SkuireSkuire
    [​IMG]
    Then change thread to Quester's ITEM
    sku, more like skupepegaclown420/10questerringnototherequipspepega/10
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:43 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    One of the answers to your poll question was "Yes, but needs changes (specify in thread)" You can't have it both ways. We either specify the change in the thread (just as we've been asked by you to do) or don't ask.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Alright guys lets just not have any quest item. Clearly we can't have nice things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    If enough people agree with you then it's worth consideration. If not, please let it be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    ...Yes...that's how threads like this work...

13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I hope you realize that your proposed changes benefit only mages, specifically Bishops. They're the only class which is brought into runs (not as a mule) where their damage output doesn't matter.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    6:43 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Jesus christ, please stop this madness

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Very constructive, thanks

16. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    In the year 2020, bishops are attackers in HT. If you want to be a competent HT bishop, the mentality that your damage output doesn't matter is not good enough anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I suggest making it a ring that gives you access to a forum that doesn't derail a good thread into nonsense, bad ideas, and cute noob ideas about how the game is.

500 defense would probably make for a great reward without being too powerful, as by the time you can complete 900 quests everything you're fighting will be hitting a lot more than ~250. Speed and jump are nice but I can see the case that not everyone needs haste. 20 avoid would be great for a number of classes, and might be strong enough to be the main factor in chasing the ring for BM's and the like. Accuracy seems okay? It hasn't really been a concern for me since like 14x.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Calm down, everyone. I like how everyone's invested in this but it's getting a little out of hand.

I think I can safely say that we generally agree that an item that bestows high defences, an accuracy and avoid boost, and increases your speed and jump is a good idea. We don't agree on the exact numbers, but we can work out the math slowly.

The main point of contention therefore is the slot that this item will occupy. Seems like the main options are Ring and Pendant and perhaps Face/Eye Accessory. IMO the quest reward accessory's raison d'etre should be the deciding factor. Is it more of an achievement item like the Monster Book Ring that grants useful bonuses for players who put in the time and effort? Or do we want to introduce a new endgame item to shake up the metagame?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    There's also that weird "MOB EQUIP" slot that has never been used. Any chance, do you think, we could use that?

20. Loreen

Loreen Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    x
    Why, just why, are valentines ring, wedding ring and zombie ring taken so serious? Two out of three constently dissapear and you need to get them again. And the weding ring has basically worthless stats and doesnt have to be equiped all the time. So basically we have two worthy rings: monsterbook and elin quest ring. Which leaves two slots open. I think the OP has a great idea with this topic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1