1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Formal Proposal] Quester's Ring

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 30, 2020.

Do you support this proposal?

1. Yes

498 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes, but needs changes (specify in thread)

84 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    3:23 AM
    Crusader
    Why do we even have that slot in the first place? FoxF1

Why can't we have more ring slots anyway? I've got eight fingers and two thumbs and I'm only an ordinary human, unlike my character who somehow has more than 100 hands.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    12:23 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    OMG...if there were more Ring Slots, I'd erase all my hesitations on this thread!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:23 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Say hello to Questelle V2! Still a bit rough around the edges, but I'm very proud of the improvement. SlimeGrin

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    The whole point of the quester ring is to reward players who completed loads of quest, which incentivises more players to do quests.
    If the stats are good and is strong enough to be a meta equip, people will do quests to obtain it. If the stats are not good enough to be a meta equip then the ring would fail its purpose, as it wouldn't incentivise players to do quests. Being useful but only at lower levels is also pointless, since as you progress in the game the reward's value is worth less and less evantually becoming worthless if the ring is replacable, so why work for that reward in the first place?

Also ring of passion went from a 1year expiration to 6months (RIP) and I vaguely remember it's because the staff wanted to free up the ring slot for other events or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    IMO a better way to incentivise people to do more quest is to give a raffle to all/some quests, with a reward table similar to the scroll of secrets quest or a gacha ticket. But i think it would be too custom.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  6. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    9:23 PM
    Supporting this solely for the NPC

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  8. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    5:23 AM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    I was under the impression def was just calculated closer to 1DEF:-1DMG taken with diminishing returns.

Just bumped into Nest Golems for;

2.1k~2.2k dmg with 599 DEF
    2.6k~2.7kdmg with 181DEF

Overall this sounds like a really nice idea!

Been playin Maple on and off for 10+ years and maybe this will help me complete more than 10% of the quests available. :cry:

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    7:23 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I think this would be a fantastic addition.

My only concerns would be that it would slowly but surely push MapleLegends into the custom server route. (It would be nice if that did happen though not gonna lie - especially with quality of life improvements and such that dont distract from the core v62 gameplay, rather add onto it).

The other concern i have is how this looks in the endgame meta and whether or not there's enough incentive in the first place for what many consider are "rubbish" stats - If you can tank hits like nobody's business, it wouldn't matter how much damage you're receiving anyway. My personal view is to have this ring add SOME HP to help with the "optional" hp washing narrative as per the

What it means for HP Washing to be optional On MapleLegends
    thread by Akash: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/

He chimes that we are missing about 2K hp. So perhaps for endgame meta balancing reasons, adding a ~500HP item would incentivise players even more to seek out such a ring.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Vaessen

Vaessen Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    Vaessen
    Beginner, Chief Bandit
    Honor
    I feel like with that much speed (plus pet equips with speed/jump) it will render Haste pointless. Also, I feel like it blurs the lines between classes. I think 10 speed is compromisable (+1 speed per ring upgrade).

I really hope this idea gets implemented. I absolutely love the NPC you created :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Accuracy: +20
    Avoidability: +20
    Speed: +20
    Jump: +10
    Weapon Defense: +500
    Magic Defense: +500

[Completed 900 Quests]

dont think the stats will encourage people to do 900 quests... especially the time required to do them.

ring of passion event ring is much better and only takes a minute buying items in free market

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    1:08 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I would do it for the defense, accuracy and avoid. No hesitation.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    2:23 PM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    support

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    10:23 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
  15. PubeEssence

PubeEssence Mano

Aug 9, 2017
    Male
    PubeEssence
    Beginner
  16. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    I'd like to see this happen! I met a lot of friends when I started the game while questing and I hope I'll meet some more while questing on my second character :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. TrickTrack

TrickTrack Horny Mushroom

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    3:23 PM
    Everwind
    Page
    Completely support we need more reasons to do quests!

18. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    I completed 200 quests in the time to get to level 41. I didn't do any grinding, and I did it with someone else. I do not think this is terribly overpowered without level caps. It requires someone to quest to 85 to get an op ring, then GOD BLESS, they could have done all sorts of other things in the meantime. I love this suggestion, it would encourage people to consume more content than just grinding the same maps. Quest lines are so funny, y'all really missing out.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    YES x1000
    Questing was a lonely road. I'm all for any kind of incentive for more people to get together and work towards something and potentially make friends SlimeBlush I also like the idea of a chair for hitting 1000 quests, that's cute! (LF> Krauser94Krauser94 to create quester's chair, I can't think of a more perfect person to do the honors OnionCourage)
    ALSO PLS FREE 500 DEF AND FANCY CHAIR trying not to let my bias through but important disclaimer that I enjoy free things lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ddiski

ddiski Slime

Mar 10, 2020
    Male
    Netherlands
    Ddiski
    Hero
    Perion
    +1 This is really cool