1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh fullscreen is glitchy - X11 option is greyed out

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Jeffrey Ong, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Jeffrey Ong

Jeffrey Ong Mano

Jan 9, 2020
    Male
    1:33 AM
    Hi there, I used the simple workaround posted today to install MapleLegneds on my mac and everything works fine when not in full screen mode (yay!)

However, when I switch full screen via command + enter, theres quite a bit of glitch when I play / move my character around etc. I read somewhere you can customize screen settings in wineskin to fix this by clicking the X11 option under screen options instead of mac driver... but my X11 options is greyed out...

Any workaround for this? Any help is much appreciated

2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    10:33 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hi. I actually also run into the glitch issue on my Mac when I play full screen! Playing on a bigger monitor through HDMI fixes the glitches (I play on a 24in screen).

For the X11 problem, you can try downloading XQuartz 11 and that should enable you to try X11. If you need help, there's a few people that talk about it in the comments of the workaround guide / Nise's Mac guide (Which is outdated for the current workaround but should still be somewhat relevant for the X11 stuff).

FYI if your MacBook is anything like my MacBook, running X11 will absolutely cause CPU to Spike to 80%+ and cause it to be super laggy so I actually prefer the Mac Driver with the glitches lol. Good luck and ping me on discord if you need any more help!!