1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

furriezunite's feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furriezunite, Jul 27, 2018.

1. furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    11:41 PM
    Beginner
    Mod edit: Originally in the 'GunBound update notice' but is way too off-topic

Does that mean you'll have less time to maintain MapleLegends? There are still lots of issues with this server that prevents more people from staying long term, and fixing them wouldn't make the game any less nostalgic for the players that matter...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:41 AM
    Moderator Post
    Such as?

3. OP
    OP
    furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    Beginner
    um, HP washing? How we either have to wait forever to buy AP resets (and sacrifice funding from gach), grind hard for monster cards, or grind hard for nets for AP resets from Gaga that are arguably not worth the amount of points.

Yeah I understand HP washing is supposed to be a luxury, but why not remove it or make it much easier for everyone? Doing so wouldn't affect nostalgia. These little things like monster book and summer event mitigate it very slightly, but they aren't at all solutions for the elephant in the room.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So, what exactly has your opinion of not wanting washing to exist have anything to do with me having less time? If by less time you mean I cannot respond to you saying that washing will never be removed, than you are wrong: I just did exactly that. Washing will not be removed.

5. OP
    OP
    furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    Beginner
    I didn't say it had to be removed, I also said you can make it easier for everyone...

"If by less time you mean I cannot respond to you saying that washing will never be removed, than you are wrong: I just did exactly that."
    Okay you took a few seconds to respond to me, great. But if you and your team invest your time and resources on another game, isn't it reasonable to expect that you guys will pay less attention to MapleLegends?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This server is already way easier than it was in 2016.

Read the first announcement. GunBound will not remove time from development of MapleLegends because the person taking care of GunBound does not develop MapleLegends. GMing wise managing GunBound is nothing compared to MapleStory.

7. OP
    OP
    furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    Beginner
    That's good that there will be a separate development team for GunBound, I'll take your word for it.

The server being easier than before doesn't amount to anything when it can't keep a lot of its new users playing long term. Last year, around this time, I remember the population being double what it is now. HP washing is still a reason for a lot of people quitting.. It should be clear that some things have to change if so little users are retained. But maybe a high population isn't your goal.

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am already perfectly aware that general people prefer higher rates (and easier servers)

That was with an event going on harvested with mules

It isn't. I am here hosting an Old School low rate server. If I wanted all the higher rate users than I hosted 4x. If people still think its too hard now than they really should consider playing a higher rate server (which they do already, sadly). The server is already much less hardcore than it used to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    Beginner
    But we don't need higher rates. If we wanted higher rates we would join other servers, whose names should not be mentioned. We just want easier washing... Why keep it when everyone hates it?

10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Because it became a meme to hate it when 'anti washing servers' arrived into the scene. Washing was part of GMS, and removing washing 3 years into the server's life-cycle is not a possible thing to do.

I really don't know what to say. in GMS you had to pay IRL money to wash, here you can do it for free. Its even in that logic already easier in GMS. GMS didn't gave you 'hp items' or 'orbs' or whatever. It was literally pay2win there. I really do not understand the new 'hate' for washing. I really have to thank the anti washing servers for that. Monster books is already really gentle with the HP giving, and you should be happy you even got that. Its not going further from there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    Beginner
    GMS also had a million times more people, so there was always stuff to do besides leveling and reaching end game. Hence why HP washing isn't nostalgic to even the elite players in this server. The fact that its 'free' to do here doesn't make it any less cancerous and nostalgia-killing of a process. In fact, it makes the process worse because everyone is expected to do it (it's 'free') else they be ridiculed by their end game peers.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  12. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:41 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I understand the HP washing hatred and other negative sentiments associated with it, I truly do. But you have to realize this server prioritizes nostalgia and as vanilla as possible. We provide a service that we want and are proud of. Is the server perfect? Nope, far from it. But so are the rest of the servers out there :p

Anyway I went on a tangent, back to the HP washing. We try to stay away from overly custom, unless absolutely necessary (eg. shaolin exp adjusting) or that we feel that it'll have a positive and beneficial impact to the new content we'll be rolling out (eg. monster books). Now taking all that into account, I believe we've done the best we can to make washing way easier, especially with the introduction of rings (elin ring, ring of passion, MB ring, zombie army ring, etc etc) and our events always including a way to farm resets. Do note that what we have as the status quo is by no means the end to what we have planned for HP washing. There's more to come, but take all I've said and think about it for a minute or maybe longer. Then look back to your request. To completely remove washing strays from the main objective of this server, of trying to remain as vanilla as possible.

- HP orbs = never existed
    - Change HP gain per lvl / HP gain from job adv / HP gain from AP = all custom things that can have profound effects on the people that are mid-washing
    - Free AP resets = Having 30k NLs walk around sound terrible don't you think?

We're always welcome to hear player's suggestions and feedback, especially on topics like washing. But to merely complain about it with no proper solution, doesn't help us in the slightest. That said, if you do think of a possible solution that is in line with the core values/objectives of the server, please do let us know. Probably in another thread, as this is getting very off-topic from the OP.

TLDR GunBound hypeeeeeeee~

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    Beginner
    No, you don't have to make AP resets free, or even remove washing completely. But more can still be done to make washing less tedious, like reducing the price of AP resets, buffing hp/def scrolls, or making it so that all players naturally have just enough for HT at a certain level.

I'll admit that it might not be appropriate to discuss HP washing in this thread but it's quite disrespectful to just jump in and dismiss me as a complainer when Kim never asked for solutions (and this was an argument between her and I). She's giving me her perspective on the issue and I'm explaining mine. And I'm still waiting for her response to my argument directed at her last reply. Thanks for your perspective.

edit: you used TL;DR incorrectly

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No offense but its you that goes in here in an topic about GunBound to complain about washing. I think that's far more disrespectful, honestly. There's a feedback section for a reason.

We cannot control how users are. Since we are comparing servers; in Royals, in there everyone is expected to be a 30k HP night lord as well or else you won't be accepted in boss runs. Making washing less tedious doesn't resolve the issue that people want the best of the best in parties. That's out of our control. Breaking the game by making it even easier because some people have such mindset is terrible solution to the problem.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    Beginner
    But 99% of people that make ranged attackers just want to have enough HP for HT. Just because there exists a 1% of overachieving 30k NLs, you'll make it harder for everyone? HP washing is still an annoying process even if you make it easier, most NLs still won't care enough to get 30k. And so what if 30K NLs exist? People will still recruit DKs for boss runs. No one plays a low rate maplestory private server for fun, they play for the people. And this server loses a lot of it.

16. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Get Hyper Body like how it was meant to be?

Harder? We have Monster Book rings that made it much easier. You want it even EASIER. Me denying that doesn't make it 'harder' it just makes it not as easy you want it to be.

I'm sorry but with that poor statement I think you should play a high rate server.

I am also going stop reply because this is an endless argument. If you want continue, make a feedback thread. All of these off-topic posts will soon be merged to its own topic.

17. OP
    OP
    furriezunite

furriezunite Mano

Jul 27, 2018
    Beginner
    Will do. I'll make a feedback thread so you can ignore it.

18. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    SeemsGood. Also, why don't you use your main forum account, by the way?

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    5:41 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    I like the current state of washing as it is, monster book ring and ellin ring already gives enough hp bonus as it is to make washing accessible for most people IMO. My only gripe is that AP resets cost 3.1k, which means everyday I get a different amount of resets from voting :(

20. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    2:41 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    this kids a tool. suck it up like we all did. stop comparing it to "GMS"