1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

furriezunite's feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furriezunite, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:36 PM
    Im all for adding gunbound if everyone seems to want it but he does have a tiny tiny tiny point (if you exclude all the bs he said about hp washing).
    Yes, phnx is developing gunbound, but kim herself is and has already been working on it and soon nise will as well for mac clients.

So that does take away available time for maplelegends, even though it could be minimal.

Idc eitherway, not much is happening right now in game and last update was pretty big.

Edit: typos

2. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    4:36 AM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    Ask yourself this, "Does removing hp washing make this game significantly much easier than without hp washing"? If the answer is yes, then WHY WOULD THERE BE A NEED TO REMOVE IT. MapleLegends is different on that scale compared to other private servers, while it doesn't cater to a bigger playerbase as gms did, it gives a good balance to what the players that do come on this private server expect. It's also working because it's the closest vanilla server that is the most populated. KimberlyKimberly, HyoonHyoon, nubjuleznubjulez and the staff do a great job to support the server and work extra hard in putting effort especially with all the updates so it's not fair for you to throw them under the bus when it's clear that this really isn't about Gunbound that you're concerned with. :pinkbean:

3. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:36 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    nubjuleznubjulez you are GMing???? y u no tell me? MapleF4

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Guest69

Guest69 Slime

Jul 30, 2017
    7:36 PM
    The server is ok now. If things get easier, players will hit limit very fast and there is nothing to enjoy anymore besides HT everytime you online.
    I think the best you can do is move to super high rate server w/o need to wash and enjoy HTing every seconds.

5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    7:36 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Says Retarded Staff, can't you read? OnionMuha

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:36 PM
    KimberlyKimberly is this true? XatEmo
    Am I retarded? XatCry

• Like Like x 1
  7. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    6:36 AM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    I'm pretty sure that Kimberly mentioned in the Gunbound thread that this project would not take time off MapleLegends and that they had someone else who would work into Gunbound, and that NEVER worked on Maple.

I choose to believe her. I don't think Kimberly would make a new project if she did not had the time and the resources to do so.

8. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    This too would be my personal take on the issue. The staff team views GunBound to be a side project and we expect the upkeep of the game to be low - rest assured that we are still focused on the ideation of new events and areas for ML, as well as helping our players on ML :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    So... we should not have a Gunbound server because HP washing? OnionF6

Mind. Blown.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    If the argument is that Kimmy shouldn't have time to think about a different game because she should be thinking about ways to make this hard+nostalgic server less hard+nostalgic, then I think you've lost my support. I don't think HP washing is a problem on this server. The only content you might need it for is what? Toad? Which wasn't even in GMS in the first place (in it's original form)? Or in the future (heh, puns), Neo Tokyo? Which again wasn't in GMS? And if not being able to do the non-nostalgic content is a deal-breaker, why play on a nostalgic server in the first place? I think of this content (and even HP washing itself) as a bonus not something you should be entitled to.

Release MPQ though thanks bye

11. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    6:36 AM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    Reminder HP washing is not "hard": It's just time consuming. Just because something takes month to do, it doesn't means its hard.
    I see time and time again: People who defend HP washing say this "makes the game harder". It does not. It's just an arbitrary, unintuitive oversight grandfathered from the original game that makes some classes more difficult to play than others and forces you to start playing with a class you might not want to play, to "leech you", among other things.

But this is neither here nor there.

12. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I meant that having 30k HP makes the game easy, not that HP washing itself is what makes the game hard. Since HP washing isn't required (outside what I stated in my above post), it is only a luxury. So if this person wants to HP wash as to make end game bosses easier, that's fine, but again it is a luxury to do so, and that luxury shouldn't be a handout.