1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Game Randomly Crashes, No noticeable in-game reason (Please Help!)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by SlyGuySaysHi, Jan 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SlyGuySaysHi

SlyGuySaysHi Blue Snail

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    10:34 AM
    F/P Wizard
    The issue is very weird! Sometimes i boot the game, and it instantly crashes (no error, game just instantly closes, without warning), other times, ill be playing for a long time, and it crashes, there doesn't seem to be any in-game reason, I can be walking, attacking, buying something, it just randomly crashes. I boot the game with no compatibility changes. My antivirus is Webroot, I have allowed all files in the MapleLegends folder that is an executable. Please help! I really love this game and play it with friends!

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:34 PM
    Moderator Post
    Can you completely disable webroot and see if that is the issue?

3. OP
    OP
    SlyGuySaysHi

SlyGuySaysHi Blue Snail

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    F/P Wizard
    Yep, just tried it, crash. Maybe a minute or less in.

4. OP
    OP
    SlyGuySaysHi

SlyGuySaysHi Blue Snail

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    F/P Wizard
    I turned off the firewall, the realtime shield, the rootkit system, the web shield, the usb shield, and the offline shield.

5. OP
    OP
    SlyGuySaysHi

SlyGuySaysHi Blue Snail

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    F/P Wizard
    Just tried a fresh install, with webroot off it instantly closes in like three seconds. with it ON i managed to go in game, and it only crashed about a minute. I cant get it to last any longer than that. Somehow it has gotten worse....

6. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    8:34 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Hey I had the same problem too and I fixed it from toggling a bunch of different compatibility settings. The thing that did it for me was checking off "Disable fullscreen optimizations" under settings. Try that out and see if it works.

Does playing legends in 800x600 work?

upload_2020-1-5_16-28-37.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    11:34 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    OP, has this been resolved?