1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender restrictions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by leftysoulz, Jun 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. leftysoulz

leftysoulz Red Snail

Jan 28, 2019
    Male
    3:11 PM
    OldTea
    Spearman
    California
    Hi,

Currently there are a lot of items that contain gender restrictions within the Cashop. I was hoping we could see some of these restrictions lifted. There are some guys who like to wear feminine things, and some women who like to wear boyish things on their characters. Considering MapleLegends has removed the wedding limitations regarding gender, this change is applicable.

At the very least, have all donor equips be wearable by any gender. This will encourage donations while also giving crossdressing players greater options in their wardrobe instead of being tied down to a few selections of gender-sided universal items.

We already have massive amounts of guys playing female characters, why not help reduce this by making a more honest option? Hence letting male characters crossdress as female characters.. that way players can know their true gender without the need to inform everyone you're a male playing a female.

The face/hair style options are decent already, but perhaps making some genderless options in server events for face/hair styles is a good idea. I'm sure it's been done in the past, but I'm just ensuring the idea for this Summer event coming up.

It's important to note that I'm not asking for all items/styles to be available. It makes perfect sense to have exclusives for each gender. But the donor shop should be an exception at the very least, along with events. MapleLegends can better communicate that they are accepting of all players this way, and bring in more donations at the same time.

I'd donate to wear several female items personally, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DarkSuga

DarkSuga Mano

Jun 28, 2019
    Female
    3:11 PM
    Bowman, Beginner
    I like this idea. There are a lot of male-only clothing items I really like, and the non-dress options for female clothing is limited (and you often have to buy two pieces which costs more)

3. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    10:11 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I really agree with you, but I will help Kimmy here by informing you that it's been asked before (by me, incidentally, as well as a few others) and the answer is that it's quite difficult to impossible to remove gender restrictions from existing items, but they try to keep new/requests for cash items gender neutral.

Link 1
    Link 2

I think if there's some item you really want to wear that is of another gender you can try to specifically request it, or request they add a new item with the same avatar but no gender... try posting in 'ask for new cash items' thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1