1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Generating summaries of forum posts

Discussion in 'Programming' started by geospiza, May 16, 2021.

1. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    9:03 AM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I've been playing with Hugging Face transformer models recently, and had the idea of summarizing a few of the forum posts here.

Scripts can be found here, I have the repository private because it contains a lot of the raw forum text: https://gist.github.com/geospiza-fortis/1db40d17b20a8a5d5fd63212ab704399

You have to be logged in to view the entire thread, so I wrote a scraper using selenium. I parsed the dumped html with beautiful soup into json files. I played around with the the transformers library until I got summaries that seemed reasonable. My first naive implementations took about 30 minutes to generate a summary, but I realized I wasn't parallelizing things on my GPU. It takes about 10 seconds now to generate a summary for each thread.

While the summaries generally seem okay, there's room to improve on how the threads get split up. Because the summarizing model can only accept ~1000 words at a time, I have to divide and conquer e.g. split up the thread into chunks and then summarize those summaries. There's a lot of details that get missed, especially just using one size. The summaries tend to come out a little better when I do them by hand, but that doesn't scale when doing a large batch of them. Overall though, I'm pleased with the results.

Here are some samples from the automated summaries, some of which may be interesting, others that may not. Here's one for example. I'll post some more examples in the second post (to put it behind being logged in).

## better-anti-leech-system.4153

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/better-anti-leech-system.4153

- original: 8715 words
    - medium: 661 words (7.6% of original)
    - short: 83 words (1.0% of original)

I suggest implementing a system that prevents leeching completely. Bishops are fast at killing, together with one, buying/gaining leech. A huge part of the Maple World gets basically never explored, even where there are maps that are good for certain classes, in terms of training.

Leching isn't removing the competitive aspect, YOU are giving up because you don't like the parameters of the competition. We should have different rankings for people who don't leech (get other people to play the game for them)

Bishops are fast at killing, together with one, buying/gaining leech. A huge part of the Maple World gets basically never explored, even where there are maps that are good for certain classes, in terms of training. I suggest implementing a system that prevents leeching completely.

The game will change a lot without leeching, it will require everyone to explore all aspects and parts of the game and make it even more community-based. Leeching might have been a big part of v62, but it doesn't make a good part. Just because v62 isn't developed anymore and it has been here for a long time, we can still make it better.

Leching is game-breaking. Everyone groups up in maps where Bishops are fast at killing, together with one, buying/gaining leech. A huge part of the Maple World gets basically never explored, even where there are maps that are good for certain classes, in terms of training. If you want to leech, it should take you a longer time to level because you spend less effort.

The patch made the party exp share rates 80/20 instead of 60/40. It did nerf the leeching system BUT it also nerfed partying, which is going the wrong way. Just because v62 isn't developed anymore and it has been here for a long time, we can still make it better ourselves.

Leching will only improve the community by forcing people to find other more efficient ways to train (e.g. parties). I prefer to not play this game solo. train while exploring the world, do what you enjoy doing.

I don't envy anyone getting leech, I just don't understand them. My guess is that people just want to be high up on the rankings and that they don't actually enjoy getting leeched. Leeching is a part of the game.... why not make the party exp to something like 65/35 or 70/30 ~ ?

I don't understand why leeching is even in the game. With changing the rates to 80/20 people still don't have to do anything to get exp, even if partying would be faster. I find it highly unfair that someone uses the strength of their class for their own gains. I suggest any item that is involved with a quest to be marked untradeable. There is no reason why you can't just go and kill things yourself and collect items for yourself.

V62 Maplestory is challenging, but amidst the challenge people help each other, and your comment completely kills that. It's not as if they have an unfair advantage- everyone can obtain it if they decide to buy it. Leeching isn't removing the competitive aspect of the game.

Leching isn't removing the competitive aspect, YOU are giving up because you don't like the parameters of the competition. We should have different rankings for people who don't leech (get other people to play the game for them)

Leching is allowed and not banned in the ToS, and is a game mechanic. Hermits can kill hh, anego, bf all they want. Without leeching, they get more exp for themselves (unless we are starting to count HS)

If you don't like it, don't play it. This is a different server. Not all servers use the same rules. I came here because I was able to use both of my computers and leech my own characters. That's how I enjoy the game. What's wrong with making improvements?

The problem with this topic is that it shares similar if not the same issues as the Bishop topic. If you are leeching, you aren't playing the game. You're either alt-tabbed watching a movie or doing something else, or maybe not even home.

The only problem I see with this is that people just won't AFK when they leech or they will come back to their screen after x minutes, move 2 inches down the rope, and AFK again. With a 2 people in your party, HS goes from +10% EXP to +50% instantly.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    ## why-is-account-sharing-bad.14808

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/why-is-account-sharing-bad.14808

- original: 13637 words
    - medium: 1084 words (7.9% of original)
    - short: 162 words (1.2% of original)

Account sharing is against the term of service in MapleLegends. Sharing accounts is unfair to those who invested in their time and effort solo. If a game is designed to be played solo, you better follow the rule. There should be consistence in banning.

This is the first global message for a ban due to acc sharing. You're gonna start witchhunts when people have no concrete incriminating evidence? What guarantee is there that the staff won't just brush it off? Account sharing is caring. Staff made it clear they don't give a fuck what you say as long as you don't say anything, GG easy game.

Hacking is against the ToS, but it's also a bad thing. Many players tend to be very competitive and envious of one another. A community poll and discussion thread that has started to take shape in this thread. I'm not interested in biased replies. Bend over for the staff all you want, it wont change facts.

Account sharing is against the term of service in MapleLegends. Sharing accounts is unfair to those who invested in their time and effort solo. Other "illegal" actions, such as scamming, hacking, etc, are more likely to occur in a shared account.

Account sharing is indeed a bannable offense; see below. You are solely responsible for all activity on your account. The 14-day suspension on solely account-sharing users is considered a warning ban.

Sharing accounts is unfair to those who invested in their time and effort solo. If a game is designed to be played solo, you better follow the rule. Sharing account has its own disadvantages too...They are still getting the same amount of NX per day...there is no sense of ownership...etc.

N nanop33: I agree to the server's rules when you play it, if you can't reconcile the way things are and the way you want things, best thing is to leave. I have 3 accounts that I regularly am logged into from the same computer. There is no real way to know if I had a sibling playing on my computer or not.

There should be consistence in banning. If 1 person gets banned for vote abuse, the others should too. Same with account sharing. It shouldn't be done in waves randomly once a year or when someone feels like it.

As the GM that did the ban, Franco was not targeted. The account he got caught using had been reported for account sharing with no evidence multiple times. At the end of the day being a staff member is nobody's job, it is a volunteer position.

The ban duration was consistent with other account sharing bans of the past 2 months. If you witness any form of abuse, please contact a member of the MapleLegends Staff (preferably with evidence such as a screenshot/video). Punishment: Equivalent Punishment as Original Abuser.

I don't know what kind of history you had or have with previous ones but please do not judge our current team based on what you are used to. It's hilarious that you claim it's just an unlucky coincidence I was the one that got caught using the mule for acc sharing because it's the first time that it's been online while you were checking for abuse. Sorry if this is bad staff behavior for you.

I'm not going to report people and get them banned for doing something that has been going on for over a year. I'm pissed because this just looks like a case of selective banning since in the last 2 months this is the first global message for a ban due to acc sharing. You're gonna start witchhunts when people have no concrete incriminating evidence? What guarantee is there that the staff won't just brush it off? Account sharing is caring.

Staff made it clear they don't give a fuck what you say as long as you don't say anything, GG easy game. Charlo ksing anego incident. Nothing was done to offender. Yet when the situation was reversed (albeit for a different offense), punishment was doled out.

Staff made clear they don't give a fuck. You can abuse all you want as long as you don't say anything, GG easy game. Atleast i'm happy the staff here isn't full of trigger happy nazi's who want to ban as much people to feed there powertrip.

The best response to this predicament is just to legalize account sharing; have policies in the updated ToS stating account sharing is at an individual's own risk and there would be close to no chance of account recovery if stolen. Just because 90% (I see some of you are taking this number seriously lol oops) of the community is doing it, does not mean you have the right to.

Is the account sharing rule still enforced for siblings? Like let's say my brother got on my account for a party buff or transferring of items, even though I have given him permission, are we still both banned? "Account sharing and giving away accounts is prohibited, no exceptions."

Staff. cannot fairly ban anyone unless they just go to the person and ask "who is this" Using only IP address is extremely flawed and cannot be used solely to prove account sharing either. If we suspect or have viable proof that a user is account sharing, proper measures are to go to ones with access to and let them know so they can look into them.

If you have 2 accounts and 2 people working on each of them, lets say one got their character to level 30, and the other got it to level 50 this took them both a fair amount of time. But if we took that time, and put that in one account instead, you can possibly have a level 70 character on only one account. The only difference is that it's done on one character, but the same amount of effort and time was put in I am looking at

I feel like IF account sharing is going to be allowed, it should be clearly stated in the Terms of Service that the staff is not liable or responsible for conflicts you have with the person you share the account with. I think it's highly comical that these ''Game Assistants'' which I've never seen do anything relevant, are only enforcing absurd things and defending them.

Hacking is against the ToS, but it's also a bad thing. It has quite the potential to ruin the game for everyone. Many players tend to be very competitive and envious of one another.

As a humble player who is outside the machinations of the staff team, how does the community actually make progress on repealing the account share clause from the ToS? A community poll and discussion thread that has started to take shape in this thread.

I'm not interested in biased replies. Bend over for the staff all you want, it wont change facts. McCree is a dummy account for Franco !! Nice Memes Tought it was u Cuz hes talking shit liike u always do If I wanna talk shit, I'll just do it on this account, I don't hide behind a different name, that's fking dumb.

Logically following this to TRADE, however, is completely retarded. The problem is, for the purpose of rule enforcement, sharing equipment can be extremely hard to tell from legitimate trade at times. You simply can't enforce it at all, and there isn't really a reason to.

## change-meso-up-from-being-a-party-buff-to-a-self-buff.39574

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-from-being-a-party-buff-to-a-self-buff.39574

- original: 9563 words
    - medium: 776 words (8.1% of original)
    - short: 103 words (1.1% of original)

This will be an overall nerf on raw mesos generated per hour by non nightlords. Introducing this could help fight off inflation and act as a meso sink. Pro-mage says he doesn't have enough info to understand why it would be a catastrophic change.

With the current state of ML economy, it makes more sense to create mages instead of boss on attackers (especially if level 200) Players can run bosses for loot and exp, grinding at a map for rare drops, or just straight up chill farming for meso. I kind of like the idea of limiting the number of clients per.

This will be an overall nerf on raw mesos generated per hour by non nightlords. Introducing this could help fight off inflation and act as a meso sink. Someone is going to complain HARD.

If you can run an efficient rotation with gene jump, you can net 20-24m eph in trio. This will be an overall nerf on raw mesos generated per hour by non nightlords. Introducing this could help fight off inflation and act as a meso sink.

There's actually 9 people who consistently trio/quad mage ulu1 atm; that's 8 more than it took to attempt to giga-nerf Shaolin for like 4 straight patches. I honestly think you all deserve the amount of mesos you're making. Let's nerf ulu, then? MU nerf affects bishops that are already bad on farming mesos.

A 15sec CD would be a sweetspot, to undercut 1/4th of the mobs killed per hour from a single mage. Meso generation is too stupidly high for mages with basically no game interaction involved. EXP has become such a meaningless factor I still remember when people got to LVL 200 and was like "wow, gz"

With a 15sec CD the nerf would directly be proportional (accounted we use absolute numbers, not % chance drops of meso bags) This brings to a decrease of 20%-30% meso generation reduction to all mages. There would of course be a drop of 25% to exp making too, which would make leeching more sporadic. This is a textbook how to guide on how to get ML player count back to 300.

Pro-mage says he doesn't have enough info to understand why it would be a catastrophic change. "can't actually understand that the underlying design of the class is utterly broken, in comparison to other classes"

In 2 to 4 major patches we will see a nerf to Ulu1 and Ulu2, maybe by spawn count or generally by decreasing its meso drops. Big bang is the highest dps-cleave for ice lightning mages at CWKPQ.

The problem that arose from the beginning of server is that well, we are allowed to multiclient (but not multi vote, that came in 2018, double check this thanks I'm not so keen on remembering all ML changes dates) The economy is more stable and, as such, getting to lvl 12x by just buying leech is as easy as going to #leech and asking for lvl 40 - 120 packages (lmao)

The inflation OP is referring to is a few select items (common gloves, white scrolls, etc) With the current state of ML economy, it makes more sense to create mages instead of boss on attackers (especially if level 200)

Players can run bosses for loot and exp, grinding at a map for rare drops, or just straight up chill farming for meso. I feel like by giving players a choice on how to make their meso, you can solve a lot of the dissatisfaction players might feel when looking at a mage-farm avarage gain. This way you also don't have to do crazy things like add ult CDs and rebalance the entire class.

Mages use SI mules to do better as they farm, we just realized after all these years SI never affected magic casting so elts nerf SI. WS fell in price, quick nerf ticket drop rate and WS rates. If it was easier to make meso across the board, prices would adjust accordingly and anyone without a late/endgame character would get screwed by the newly hyperinflated market. I kind of like the idea of limiting the number of clients per

The bug happens when you get dispelled as the barrel dropping animation happens, the buff goes away on the top corner of your screen but the animation still plays. Only known ways to refresh the state are to change maps, die, or use a transform item bought from CS.

I would call this a "hey fix the game call", Every time I mention something about this I see no real feedback or acknowledge that this is something to be fixed and now I get this hey record it? OK time to record hours of HT to see when it bugs so perhaps they will look into it. Perhaps is all a conspiracy made by Bucc mains to make the all mighty barrel the best skill of ML, because making it immune to dispel would make this skill broken.

As someone who just started this week, I don't care if something gets nerfed even if people have been abusing it for years now. Even if they put a cap on multiclient per IP or system, people are just gonna use VPN or 2+ computers.

## formal-proposal-questers-ring.29962

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/formal-proposal-questers-ring.29962

- original: 24927 words
    - medium: 1751 words (7.0% of original)
    - short: 189 words (0.8% of original)

The Quester's Ring will start with no stats and have ten upgrade tiers. Every 90 quests completed will unlock another upgrade. The ring will not have any main stats, just QoL and extra damage reduction.

A defence-oriented quest reward accessory is more likely to be a good-to-have item, rather than a viable alternative to DPS equipment. Pet Equip is too janky and makes no sense.

Quest Specialist Medal on GMS was +3 All Stats, +10 Avoid/Jump after accomplishing 800 quests. Quest ring should be tiered to show a sense of progress, but maybe not strictly 10 equal tiers like the monster ring.

Quest ring is a great idea yes. it is not about the race but progression All it took was some people getting into a heated argument to get the staff response this thread has been waiting for over 7 months. I hope "ADRA" is emblazoned on its sprite.

The Quester's Ring seeks to make quests a more valuable sphere of the game. Ring must provide a reward that is recognizable and appreciable by all. Its reward should be better suited towards players who enjoy the questing playstyle.

The Quester's Ring will start with no stats and have ten upgrade tiers. Every 90 quests completed will unlock another upgrade. The idea behind required levels is that the quest to upgrade the ring won't unlock until the given level.

The ring will not have any main stats, just QoL and extra damage reduction. Q: Won't this be unfair to players who haven't been hardcore questing? A very, VERY small amount of characters have completed 900 or more quests.

The Quester's Ring will start with no stats and have ten upgrade tiers. Every 90 quests completed will unlock another upgrade. The idea behind required levels is that the quest to upgrade the ring won't unlock until the given level.

The ring will not have any main stats, just QoL and extra damage reduction. This will make the ring unique in comparison to Monster Book Ring, instead of being a re-hash. The total number of quests required to achieve higher levels could be enforced on the ring and its upgrade quests.

Minimum levels could be enforced on the ring and its upgrade quests. Total DEF of the ring could be decreased. The total number of quests required could be increased, requiring a higher character level to achieve higher tiers.

There should be limits to the way people could accept the Tier upgrade quest. Tier 1 could be gained from LVL 15 and onwards and make it obtainable every 15 levels. At lvl 60 you would generally be able to get a Tier 4 ring (+150mdef/wdef) which is on par to a secondary ZHelm.

The quest ring would redirect some traffic away from boss maps, rather than funnel everyone towards them. The accuracy would help players in early to mid game, plus would be a nice bonus for warriors/buccs trying to go dexless or hit The Boss late game.

The Ring of Passion is now temporary (6 months) and only accessible one month out of the year. I don't support the idea of a pendant because nothing can ever beat the damage/stat boost of HTP/MoN. The only other ring given out by events is Zombie Army Ring, which lasts what, 2 months?

Pet Equip is too janky and makes no sense. Face/Eye Accessory should not be a thing because an "achievement" item like this should not compete with any normal gear slot. Adding accuracy does not diminish the value of DEX scrolled items.

A defence-oriented quest reward accessory is more likely to be a good-to-have item, rather than a viable alternative to DPS equipment. I don't have a clear picture yet as to how a defensive character could benefit a party in a HT or Zakum encounter.

The main options are Ring and Face/Eye Accessory. The quest reward accessory's raison d'etre should be the deciding factor.

I think the OP has a great idea with this topic. Why do we even have that slot in the first place? Why can't we have more ring slots anyway? I think this would be a fantastic addition. My only concerns would be that it would slowly but surely push MapleLegends into the custom server route. (It would be nice if that did happen though not gonna lie - especially with quality of life improvements and such that dont distract from the core v62 gameplay, rather

The quest ring would add +20 avoidability, +20 speed, +10 jump, and +500 magic defense. It would also give the player a free chair for hitting 1000 quests.

Omg, such a great idea. Quest will finally feel worth it rather than grinding pq and mobs all day. I actually enjoy questing but feel that it's a waste of time compared to pq/grinds There are a lot of good quests out there.

The MB Ring was designed to help all classes in order to make HP washing non-mandatory. I think a questing ring shouldn't be so universally wanted that everyone starts questing to get it. This should be a special bonus for people who do quests. I would hate to think this ring becomes good enough that people are pressured to get.

More than 95% of your playerbase want this in some way or form. It's been 5 years. The elite community must have enjoyed the advantage of their efforts enough by now to let the game move on and be great.

The Quest Specialist Medal on GMS was +3 All Stats, +10 Avoid/Jump after accomplishing 800 quests. I like V2 because hugging the book and covering her mischievous smile is adorable and so waifu-worthy. Quest ring should be tiered to show a sense of progress, but maybe not strictly 10 equal tiers like the monster ring.

I enjoy questing a lot, but it is a sloggish grind sometimes. It's great seeing an incentive to do the harsh quests to get a fitting reward. I can imagine it needs some tweaking here and there, I am not that familiar with balancing so I wouldn't know what. +support!

A new player will likely do quests in the early game for the sake of doing them, or for experience, or item rewards. By the time they get to Ellin forest they'll be more invested in the game and might be more likely to start going for such a ring.

This is an amazing proposal! Quests having boosted exp. is my favorite thing about MapleLegends. Wish they had more questing incentives for higher levels. A quest ring could be hard to implement, not to mention it would have certain cons such as being inconvenient for people whom did not focus on quests early on in the game.

I missed nearly every single missable quest and still got over 1k. I think there is just slightly more than 1k non-class, non-missable quests. Older players actually have an advantage because they have more past even quests available to them.

Currently, the main quest etcs commonly sold are the cursed dolls, NLC quests (lucky charms, soiled rags), Ellin Ring (kargo eye, etc), and NT (kacchuu fragment, toad oil, eru guns). This would make most quests that require 100+ etcs to cost 1-3m, which seems reasonable.

People who started doing quests early on would have an advantage over people who skipped them to get exp from killing mobs instead. With the listed stats, it would actually not be a "best in slot" ring for pure damage. Event rings actually give main stats, this ring does not give any main stat.

Quest Ring is so much better than Monster Book Ring to me as a concept. Quests are way more interesting and involved, anything to make this grindy game less grindy is a win in my opinion.

I play on 4 characters a Bishop, a Hermit, a Spearman(HB), and another Assassin(MU) One encourages me to leech myself (Save mesos, gain my own.), My Attacker (To enjoy the game later, even more so), Spearman give myself more HP and MP every buff so that I can spam Genesis, Assassin (another hermit with MU maxed) more mesos when I do sell leech and to loot the mesos on

I am not going to argue with you about it anymore, I personally see it as a good thing for the server, along with 318 other people. You are entitled to dislike it if you want, I just am unable to share your point of view, sorry. It is not a race on who gets it first. The point is it would be beneficial to people.

The quest badge introduced at a later version of maplestory required 800 quests complete to earn it. If you want stated you have to redo just like everyone else, except for quests few months before update or something like that to not screw people up.

Nics: Having a quest ring that ends up with "no new content" for players that have already done quests. I urge everyone to look at the topic of quest rings (and new content in general) from the staff/dev team perspective. New content should be something that can be equally enjoyed by all players.

Quest ring is a great idea yes. it is not about the race but progression All it took was some people getting into a heated argument to get the staff response this thread has been waiting for over 7 months. I hope "ADRA" is emblazoned on its sprite.

Some annoying quests should be exempted. reseting all quests could be a bit frustrating for those who already made them all out of fun, and they would mess me up cos I have to repeat all the ToT quest line, the NT one and worst of all..... The Zakum jump quests !!!

Maxing the quest ring gives player the choice to turn it into a stat ring or they can choose the ability to re-level up their character. They are sent to a map, dropped to lvl1 and click an npc to lvl up 1by1 while they can associate the ap and equip any int gear they have. Once saved theres no redo. It is flawed but just a rough idea i had.

The only real problem to the implementation of the quest ring would be the flood of mid-game or mid-late-game characters questing low level quests in low level maps. The prices for some rare-pain-in-the-ass itens would skyrocket, wich could tilt more the balance of the market to funded, old players in the server and slow the pace for newcomers.

The Quester's Ring seeks to make quests a more valuable sphere of the game. The multiplier severely frontloads the rewards from quests on the early levels where quests are both more abundant and offer more experience relative to the amount needed to level.

The Quester's Ring seeks to add more diversity of experience to Maple Story. In order to fulfill its mission, the reward must be greater than the drawbacks of playing the game in a "sub-optimal" way.

The Quester's Ring seems like a great way to weaponize a built in, underexplored system. Ring must provide a reward that is recognizable and appreciable by all. Its reward should be better suited towards players who enjoy the questing playstyle.

The developers of the game completely neglected higher level quests in the same abundance as they made lower level quests. In my mind, I see the solution two-fold. The first is to isolate which quests give such terrible rewards (typically just very low experience) The second is to create new quests such that the abundance of quests at level 100-120 are equally abundant.

## potential-wipe-bishop-changes-discussion-thread.8986

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...al-wipe-bishop-changes-discussion-thread.8986

- original: 27055 words
    - medium: 1910 words (7.1% of original)
    - short: 262 words (1.0% of original)

The poll is about nerfing bishops in the context of a server wipe. I don't think it would be very fair to anyone nerf them in the current game. Would a wipe with changes to HS, Leech and Bishops cause people to leave? Surely.

The suggestion here is not to take away Holy Symbol, but to nerf/modify it so that it encourages larger parties with active members. If a player isn't attacking in a map (aka leeching) you could have a time out after which they stop getting exp. Some of us are actually interested in playing this server.

There's going to be an influx of people coming to Legends (and some other servers) in (hopefully) a few months, everyone just wait. Nerfing lukless bishops would bring about nerfing team cohesion, which, in a server with ~80 players active at all time, is terrible. Multi-clienting ban: Honestly I'm not really sure how this one was allowed.

This is NOT a v.62 server. It has a .62 engine, but the server is actually a hodgepodge of different versions. The designer, in this case Neckson, designed the v62 game to work EXACTLY the way we play it. Your opinion on how it "should" be is not the intended design, its only your opinion about it.

Nerfs will just demotivate people who main those classes and negatively effect the server as a whole. Nothing about bishops is "obviously broken". They level up characters quickly and revive players in boss runs. To nerf either of those abilities will do exactly what I said, make players unhappy.

The poll is about nerfing bishops in the context of a server wipe. I don't think it would be very fair to anyone nerf them in the current game. Would a wipe with changes to HS, Leech and Bishops cause people to leave? Surely.

Nerfing Bishops in the current game would be unfair to both old and new players, the latter especially. Luckless bishops know from the start that there is a lvl 130 weapon which makes them stronger. Multi-clienting opens up so many possibilities, for example making an SE mule.

Originally created Bishops was because they are the best at grinding, leeching, and farming. This is why I believe that a major nerf/change to Bishops should only happen following a wipe.

We are here to experience a nostalgic maplestory. High level mobs should have more than 200 MP for the sake of scaling and making the skill useful. I 'll add my few pennies about the wipe thread.

Bishop one-shots skeles way earlier than the arch mages due to their weakness to Holy property. Take holy shield away and bishops will be more rare than Paladins. I/L and F/P mages are way more powerful than Bishops.

The poll is about nerfing bishops in the context of a server wipe. I don't think it would be very fair to anyone nerf them in the current game. I'm not really in favour of a wipe either...

Nerfing Bishops in the current game would be unfair to both old and new players, the latter especially. The only way for a new player to be "competitive" at this point in the server's development is to create a Bishop.

The server's EXP rate is too difficult and slow, especially slow (+ Lack of 'end game' content to combat this) -Forced boat rides (too much waiting, slow phase of game, etc...) -Gachapon/Economy issues. The community is too small for preference.

I'm here to play casual, nostalgic game, not to be considered competitive. If someone want's to be a competitive Mapler - let him/her be. Adding a new world would divide the community in 2 groups. Sooner or later one of the world would die out.

The suggestion here is not to take away Holy Symbol, but to nerf/modify it so that it encourages larger parties with active members. If a player isn't attacking in a map (aka leeching) you could have a time out after which they stop getting exp.

Some of us are actually interested in playing this server. Nobody has to lose their progress or jump ship just for you. Let's stop arguing about how long people have played, alright? Everyone's opinion matters to us.

Bishops are intended as a support class. Making extra cash, healing others, and grinding fastest is 'support' This is v62 maple, we all signed up for the bishop formula. Bishops are considered the best dps and bishops are whores.

Bishops don't get good EXP from bosses like Zakum or HT, we cant just go kill bigfoot or anego, we grind at skele and we farm. A wipe and nerfing bishops isn't going to bring everyone back.

I signed up for MapleLegends, not any other server which claimed they would be fixed at v62 and never make any custom changes ever. The whole point of a party is everyone works together as a team and brings something to the table. Charging people for the "privilege" of partying with you is arrogant.

I honestly don't see the player base growing very much anymore. The 2x exp rate is appealing to a fairly small minority, and when the server's been up for as long as it has. I honestly think the rates need to be addressed before a wipe occurs.

I'd really love to be active on this server, especially with a certain other server being lacking in content and encouraging things that I feel are not in the spirit of the game. Right now we're running what... 20 to 80 players tops a day? And how many of them are just AFK? How many unique players still log on in a given week?

There's going to be an influx of people coming to Legends (and some other servers) in (hopefully) a few months, everyone just wait. A wipe is a tricky thing, many hate it and many love it. Both wipe or no wipe include a chance of the server dying.

Bishops: cons - stuck at skeles for life. Arch mages: none of the pros, but they have a few more options to grind with their ultimates and have more attack power.

I don't want to make a fucking bishop or a nightlord. I want to play my character and for the game to be more balanced. Posting big giant trolly pictures doesn't help you make any point. Wiping the server would cause a rage quit so massive, there will be a crater left where I used to live.

If people can create statless characters, why do we even have weapons and armor with that 2nd stat requirement? There are a number of changes that need to be made for the game to restore some sensibility and sanity. The question is whether or not the GMs risk such an experiment.

Nerfing lukless bishops would bring about nerfing team cohesion, which, in a server with ~80 players active at all time, is terrible. It would also make it harder for new players to catch up and feel like they're part of the community. Multi-clienting ban: Honestly I'm not really sure how this one was allowed.

Wdef and mdef really do not matter much to the elite players. The only thing that matters is if they can avoid getting 1hKO'd. If you wanted op classes you can always suggest Kimberly to make a later version of MapleLegends.

The biggest hinderances to my enjoyment of maplestory back then were the moneygrubbing policies of Neckson, and hackers and botters. I think that just like paladin which has no clear benefits over a hero or drk, archmages have no clear benefit over bishops.

Mage is way more OP than bishop! All you need to do is make a bishop to support it. The main thing that makes bishop more desirable is HS which kinda does say that EXP is what all too many players focus on above everything else. You might want to check the elemental strengths and weaknesses of squids.

Corsair number 1 damage nuff said. Maybe you better just read the damn thread. Idk I just assumed someone doesn't like how bishops, leech, and HS works.

Mobs only spawn on set 10-second intervals, and sometimes only so many mobs can spawn in one interval. There are multiple "nodes" throughout the map, where I believe two mobs can come from them at any given time. There's a set number of nodes, spread about multiple platforms, but never are there enough monsters on the map to fill up all nodes.

The designer, in this case Neckson, designed the v62 game to work EXACTLY the way we play it. Your opinion on how it "should" be is not the intended design, its only your opinion about it. If you dont like the design, then you find a server which is more aligned with what youre looking for.

The design for this version of the game is as is. If ele wands werent advantageous or pure INT mages were no longer a thing, it wouldnt be in this version. You can keep this "whining" that you speak of to yourself and whoever. play! (it isn't)

The fact that there are "garbage hands" you can pick is proof alone that the game is not perfect, contrary to what you say. This is NOT a v.62 server. It has a .62 engine, but the server is actually a hodgepodge of different versions. It should be noted that Neckson did change the Elemental Wands in version .73, just after Temple of Time was released.

Maple Story 1st Anniversary - Zakum - Birthday event 0.24 (8 Jun 2006) - Omega Sector 0.25 (28 Jun 2006), Independence Day Event 0.26 (26 Jul 2006), Beginner Skills - Aqua Road - Relaxer (chair) 0.27 (27 Jul 2006) � Deep Sea Gorge - Pianus 0.29 (12 Sep 2006), New World - Bellocan - Papilatus 4th Generation 0.30 (17 Oct

Maple Story 4th Anniversary - Birthday Patch - EXP Change - New Quests 0.67 (8 Apr 2009) - New Party Quest features - Inventory Window Improvements - Quest System Improvements - Free Rides For Airships - Map And Monsters Spawns Adjustments - Bug Fixes. Easter Events - Family System - Monster Book - Remote Gachapon Coupon.

0.96 (10 March 2011) - Ultimate Explorer - Cygnus Knights Buff - Guild Revamped - Blessing of Empress - Lion King's Castle/Castle of Von Leon - Ani Raid - Elemental Wands and Staffs Update - New World Map Features - 7th Day Market Removed - Ores Drop Removed - More channels for Zakum, Horntail, and Targa/Scarlion. - Evolving Ring II - Golden Temple (Ended on : March

11th Generation 1.00 (11 Aug 2011) Age of Triumph - Capture the Flag - Silent Crusade - Crusader Codex (Monster Card) 1.01 (28 Sept 2011) - Warrior, Magicians and Archer Skill Changes - Monster Park - Wedding Revamp - Bigger Dimensional Mirror. 3 New Party Quest (Kenta in Danger, Escape, The Ice Knight's Curse) - Old Party Quest Revamp. In-Game Event Calender - SP Reset Scroll Giveaway Event

Maple Claws Wants to be Famous Event (Started on Dec 19) - Cultivate a Christmas Tree Event (Jan 1 to Jan 18) - Rudolph, All Grown Up Event? (Jan 19 to Jan 31) 1.05 (19 Jan 2012) - Pink Zakum raid Event - Evolving Ring III Event - Daily Gear Giveaway Event - New Year's Gift Boxes Event 1.06 (3 Feb. 2012) � Crimsonwood Keep PQ

If you are not willing to engage these points and consider the hypothetical of the GMs pushing the game in a new direction, then you are essentially saying that you're not interested in this conversation. I completely disagree. Saying "it's v62, this is how things were, you know what to expect!" is a poor argument.

Many players still want to level up quickly, blazing past all that "nostalgia" and they want to get to the "fun" part of the game. The best way to do so is in a duo party with HS. Many take it upon themselves to just make another account for a HS mule and/or self-leech.

Nerfs will just demotivate people who main those classes and negatively effect the server as a whole. Nothing about bishops is "obviously broken". They level up characters quickly and revive players in boss runs. To nerf either of those abilities will do exactly what I said, make players unhappy.

HS is crazy good, a little too good. Problem is it's hard to nerf leeching through hs without negatively effecting the people who legit train with HS instead ofLeeching. Adding a party bonus will honestly just making leeched higher number parties even better. changing hs to only effect people that are killing is tough to do, and can still negatively effect people training in some situations.

I got 87m/h eph w/o HS, as just solo grinding in petri. I doubt any bish can beat this record with any ways they can do. You should replace "bish" into "archmage" cos mage is top for eph even as solo w/a using any mules.

## storage-on-maple-island.36458

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/storage-on-maple-island.36458

- original: 27548 words
    - medium: 2046 words (7.4% of original)
    - short: 277 words (1.0% of original)

MapleIsland Storage Keeper would be a great addition to the game. Islanders would rather have a proper storage or gach source as a way to get items over. A lot of unlegit event items have been distributed to new islanders over the years that don't even know they were smuggled.

I wouldn't mind if all of the smuggled items were purged. Smuggling a bathrobe in that gives 10 speed and can be potentially scrolled for DEX is too enticing to ignore. Islanders buying new gear/scrolls offland to transfer to Maple Island may reinvigorate the economy of certain items.

Having items drop from mobs or being quests to kill x number of mobs for an item is a better method. If you want offland stuff, leave the island. I agree that the prevalence of smuggled items nullifies the "purity/vanilla" argument against a storage NPC. There will be a side of Islanders that will be upset.

GMS created "Return to Maple Island Skill" (sometime between 2019-2020 --> 2018 article saying not able to return to maple island) Islanders as of v62 are supposed to be able to get off-island items. Tsuki & Crimson seem to play their Islander solely around helping new players.

A storage would solve the smuggling problems. Allows new Islanders to get equipment without having to rely on events. New 6. early Wash Equips for people who want more INT before level 8. Nuke items (give players a warning, in x days/weeks we will be removing all items not orginally belonging on Maple Island) Transfer islanders offisland (transfer players to Lith Harbor if they refuse to give up items obtained through storage, warn the players first)

Maple Island has come far from what it was in 2015, and Maple Island has also changed. Almost every event islanders have in some way had access to enter free market etc. Is this allowed? no one really knows.

Islanders have been smuggling items that don't belong on Maple Island since 2016 or maybe earlier, people smega "Selling ints/leech service on maple island" Some new guildless islanders I spot are using "Bathrobe" etc. I feel like the events should have ways to include islanders, even if they have to be given a completely different event.

MapleIsland Storage Keeper would be a great addition to the game. Islanders would rather have a proper storage or gach source as a way to get items over. It's just adding another branch to an already niche playstyle.

A lot of unlegit event items have been distributed to new islanders over the years that don't even know they were smuggled. A lot of islanders want past items that they missed & haven't come back or want new items. I would love for items to be rewarded through grinding through a custom gachapon.

I'd love to see the possibility of gaining gacha items on my islander. Smuggling has always been a thing on Legends and to make things fair to new islanders I believe storage would help for those that don't have access to smuggled items or old event items. I feel like the events should have ways to include islanders, even if they have to be given a completely different event.

I would suggest one of those two (as found on lib): https://maplelegends.com/lib/npc?id=9201081 (looks like a smuggler lmao) And, as far as Storage Keeper NPCs, could be converted to MapleIsland Storage Keeper?) I guess I am just weird since I like things the way they are. Allowing off-islander items would ruin the islander experience for me personally so

I like being locked on the island in all ways and do not cheat to get around it. Most islanders aren't dumb enough to smuggle items that were never available. This has been left unchecked since late 2017 because most islanders don't report it and would rather there not have been smuggle methods to begin with.

i strongly believe islanders should have more content. At the beginning of ML islanders could participate in events and get items to help them improve their char as they continue to level up. But!!! and there is a huge but! this is only possible until some point of the game, around level 25. after that point u CANNOT improve character which leads to a kinda pointless mushroom grind.

I don't believe the addition of an islander storage would discredit current islander acheivements, but will add a lot of freshness to the island, that we haven't seen in a long time. Items like super snowboards, greenstrap shoes, & 3rd anniversary hat are best slot items that have only appeared once.

Most people only play during events as events are the only stimulating content islanders have & only way to obtain new items. The addition of a storage would offer scrollable items + more speed items that can be mixed and match to utilize different equip slots.

I wouldn't mind if all of the smuggled items were purged. In exchange, I think it would be nice if Islanders were given more opportunities for items through events and/or quests. More feedback from fellow islanders should be taken into consideration before proceeding.

People can still enjoy the low level grind without shiny new toys. New islanders that are also new to the server, they don't have any gach tickets saved up etc to gain mesos offisland to buy items. I think at very least it's worth trying out a storage npc on Maple Island to see if it indeed brings in more islanders.

Kimberly: I believe that adding a Storage NPC to Maple Island would both solve the issue with smuggling as well as reinvigorate the island we all know and love. Smuggling a bathrobe in that gives 10 speed and can be potentially scrolled for DEX is too enticing to ignore. For me personally, that would increase the storage on TEN of my Maple Island accounts.

Islanders buying new gear/scrolls offland to transfer to Maple Island may reinvigorate the economy of certain items. If you are not interested in a Storage NPC, you can always play the game however you want instead.

I would be all for implementing past event and speed/jump items into drops. These items reoccurring will level out the playing field for all Islanders. The issue is that these won't bring back the old players as theres very little to offer that would top these items when it comes to events.

Island Storage 2021!!!! Good idea, but I think they should just "try out" storage. If it isn't doing anything positive then it can easily be removed. Items on the other hand might be hard to nuke but there's already smuggled items around that hasn't been removed.

I feel like this is just spiraling towards having almost no difference from offland other than location. Having items drop from mobs or being quests to kill x number of mobs for an item is a better method. It encourages gameplay and doesn't give you the items essentially for free. If you want offland stuff, leave the island.

Having Storage doesn't hurt current meta, since grinding exp gains or randomized Event Hair/Eyes remains the same amount of IRL time spent. Drop rates are super fast due to the large amounts of mobs killed. Islanders aren't struggling for drops/exp gains... just want to look cool or MEME with random equips.

The islanding community is a very small and pure community, and since 2016 it has the problems of almost every islander sharing a different opinion on what Maple Island should be. In the end, the losing side will be us. There will be a side of Islanders that will be upset.

Storage would be good: 1. allow fun/meme equips! (meta unaffected) 2. bring in and build a big/fresh islander community together! 3. removes the need for "finger pointing"/snitching at anyone for "illegal gears" 4. can still make fun stat builds like the Hybrid, Dexlander, Strlander, Perfectlander, Magelander, Luklander!

Until recently there was a method to duey any tradeble item to an islander. I agree that the prevalence of smuggled items nullifies the "purity/vanilla" argument against a storage NPC. No such thing as "winning" as islander/beginner. Just for meme/fun.

I like the idea of this change. I am fully in support of adding storage to the island. It wouldn't have to change the way I (or anyone else potentially opposed) play our islanders.

During the Halloween event, there was a Cody NPC that allowed us to access to a different map with an access to the FM through the Trade button. I've known about 6 islanders who have smuggled through this method. I don't understand why you want to legitimize cheating/smuggling. It's just not how islanding is supposed to be.

Storage would be a drastic change to the rules of the game. Being an islander is a delightful little game, in and of itself, that stays almost completely independent of the main game. With storage completely opening up the island it won't be it's own separate game.

I don't think there is any particular way to play a "true islander" nor can it be defined. Tsuki & Crimson seem to play their Islander solely around helping new players, giving them anything they need, & informing them. Personally I'm very sick of the event meta that the two most popular PS's have had and would be excited to see something different.

There's actually 3 kinds of players on Maple Island: 1. Islander 2. Snail Crusher 3. Pros. GMS created "Return to Maple Island Skill" (sometime between 2019-2020 --> 2018 article saying not able to return to maple island)

Islanders as of v62 are supposed to be able to get off-island items. Most of them are tradable except the mittens and fork. Events are constantly changing year by year for Legends with no guarantee that there will be Islander participation.

Yes to Storage: 1. cosmetically fun/meme! 2. removes issue for legalities of off-island items 3. build a fresh and fun community for chatting and grinding, that's welcoming for new islanders. 4. welcoming for islanders, snail crushers, pro islanders (allows islanders to play how they want, like back in GMS v62) 5. brings back nostalgia of off/off island items (v62 was supposed to

I don't care if leveling is slow, I care about having a community that helps each other out when its a fellow islander or a player just starting out. Having a storage on Maple Island would serve as a free 'MTS' of sorts. I would like to see some more feedback from people that haven't posted in this thread already.

The topic is now not even a week old yet, so I've got no update to give when it comes to an actual final decision. I am all in favor of a change being brought to the Island, whether it's a Storage or something else. The community by itself doesn't completely decide on what we add and not add. We had many suggestions in the past that had massive support from the community but didn't get added or added yet.

There's no huge benefit to having a storage. Mainland equipment, potions, scrolls, etc. & meso isn't game breaking to me when we do everything with ease. Gacha ticket don't belong in maple island in the first place. A storage would make my maple stars nearly worthless as ilbis can be purchased for relatively cheap.

I agree that a storage would stop the smuggling issue by making it accessible to all. I disagree that it will bring about a renaissance of renewed interest to the island playstyle. A storage does not fix the fundamental flaws in islander gameplay, and a shiny coat of paint wont conceal it for long. An island with storage sounds very similar to other "challenge" runs.

Storage on Island would help the community in acquiring the use of early INT Equipment before level 8. It would be easier for the community to have a level cushion range that provides them extra time to pump INT for MP or HP Wash to reach the end tier boss raids.

A storage would solve the smuggling problems. Allows new Islanders to get equipment without having to rely on events. New 6. early Wash Equips for people who want more INT before level 8 for HT/Pink Bean.

I don't know if the above is possible to track through logs/if any staff would even bother trying. If an item was scrolled with a 30% was it before the 2020 event? There are so many holes in the way smuggled items have been removed from the few Islanders that this has been done to.

I'm not opposed to adding the storage on the island or anything. Most untradeable event items wouldn't be needed if you can transfer better/best-in-slot items through the storage. You already can't use summoning sacks on maple island.

As an islander since 2007 I certainly believe that storage shouldn't be added. What I liked about islanding is the idea of being isolated from what normal MapleStory is about. Every item had a value to it back in the day before MTS was introduced.

Being a Maple Islander is about RAW vanilla with basic items and 10% scrolls. The meta of grinding and farming for items is as shown to NOT hinder the need for Storage on the Island, especially by level 30 (1 week worth of grinding)

Storage on Maple Island would be great for the islander community. Islanders have not been included in events unless if we posted on forums to "add x npc" to Maple Island so we could trade in event currency for items. With storage less islanders will care if we are excluded from events.

Nuke items (give players a warning, in x days/weeks we will be removing all items not orginally belonging on Maple Island) Transfer islanders offisland (transfer players to Lith Harbor if they refuse to give up items obtained through storage, warn the players first)

## summer-2020-balance-changes-explained.33652

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/summer-2020-balance-changes-explained.33652

- original: 29177 words
    - medium: 2046 words (7.0% of original)
    - short: 280 words (1.0% of original)

Hornail is now coded to be more GMS-like, with each seduce having a separate timer. Marksman expert reverted (reverted to 90% mastery and 10 weapon attack) Mage single target buffs: Paralyze buffed from 240% to 290% basic attack Chain Lightning buffs from 210% to 260%Basic attack Angel Ray buffs from 240 to 340%.

Paladins only have SLIGHTLY more single target dpm than heroes. Holy Shield mechanic is a complete outlier based on what I've read on previous patch notes and the general feel of this game.

The base price of end game gear for NLs is in the billions, and thus should never be nerfed. Paladins fall hopeless behind other single target dpm and if we are to be regarded as one, we need to compare to the others.

Current patch provides no level of buff to support the class, just screws them over with the hollow promise of "we'll buff you later" It seems unlikely they'll fix the fact that so many palis now have 30 points in a useless skill in most situations. Holy charge should be revived adding more % in benefit of the pally attackers.

Paladins are worse single target dpm then NL, sair, MM, hell maybe BM. They barely beat out hero. Ice is completely useless outside of mass stunning via hammer. Paladins on bosses now have some of the worst cleave in the game. Threaten is not a good utility.

As a mid level pally main (who haven't burnt out from ideating and voicing out yet) I do quite like the shorter cast animation idea, with damage buffed back to the 199k. Another idea was buffing holy charge, which I personally don't find helpful.

Hornail is now coded to be more GMS-like, with each seduce having a separate timer (as it was in original GMS). This means separate cooldowns for left/right/jump/mass left/mass right seduce. The range for Horntail arm aggro was increased previously due to our seduce limitations. We've reverted the arm aggro changes.

Holy Shield was unfortunately a bug, which a number of players had brought up to us as not being GMS-like. Critical Throw was originally changed to better SE-less gameplay, however it negatively effected non-bossing gameplay. Marksman expert reverted (reverted to 90% mastery and 10 weapon attack)

Mage single target buffs: Paralyze buffed from 240% to 290% basic attack Chain Lightning buffs from 210% to 260%Basic attack Angel Ray buffs from 240 to 340%. Boss ETC prices changed to match the price of the boss equips dropped from bosses.

The buffs to the single target DPS have made Pallies one of, if not the best DPS in the game. Most of us believe that this should not justify nerfing HH to the ground. A 75% damage reduction seems drastic.

The ceiling was too low... as in it took very little just hit the damage cap, and Pallies just aren't able to scale as high because the 600% and 175% multipliers lead to 199k really quickly. We tested some other bosses like Nameless, Big Foot, and Scarlion, but testing scenarios always differ a bit from reality.

Alyosha: The solution to address the HH mules isn't nerfing the overall 200k dmg cap of HH but rather scale it off gear stats or base level. Horntail is now coded to be more GMS-like, with each seduce having a separate timer.

Holy Shield was unfortunately a bug, which a number of players had brought up to us as not being GMS-like. Critical Throw was originally changed to better SE-less gameplay, however it negatively effected non-bossing gameplay. Marksman expert reverted (reverted to 90% mastery and 10 weapon attack)

Paladins' single-target skills: Blast, Chain Lightning, Angel Ray. Paralyze buffed from 240% to 290% basic attack. ETC prices dropped from Zakum, Horntail, Neo Tokyo bosses & mobs.

Paladin mains will agree that HH mules are an issue and must be addressed, and that HH itself should have been nerfed as well. A 75% damage reduction seems drastic. NLs are op lol if anything they should get nerfed more.

I've been hunting on my Lv 200 NL no need,my bishop carried me to tier 9. Also I don't think grinding is that bad. I grinded from Lv 0 - 12x and never bought leech.

The solution to address the HH mules isn't nerfing the overall 200k dmg cap of HH but rather scale it off gear stats or base level. A main pally with decent gears and time invested shouldn't be given the same treatment as a mule, he/she should be well deserving of a 200k X6 HT parts HH swing.

Paladins only have SLIGHTLY more single target dpm than heroes. If Paladins identity is supposed to be single target damage why do they barely do more? The argument they are good at NT/Scar and that should offset it doesn't sit well with me.

Keep HS is a step in the right direction for MapleLegends and I'm happy to see it saved. Fixing the bucc str/dex avoid formula is another positive step. No one wants this game to be like GMS, which was horribly unbalanced and outdated.

Holy Shield mechanic is a complete outlier based on what I've read on previous patch notes and the general feel of this game. Magic Crash would remove/prevent Weapon cancel buffs which simply helps shortening the run just like a simple damage boost source would.

The equivalent technique for MM's is to reposition themselves with jump forward + strafe, which makes it so that you dont have to walk before shooting. Its still unclear whether BM or MM retains a great % dpm in something like HT, since MM also lose out from not being able to snipe at optimal timings.

Even with the Summer skill change, the expected DPM is: Spoiler It's a revert to ONE of the buffs that happened to MMs, which arguably didn't even work as intended. If your party doesn't have a dedicated sed mule then it's probably a bad idea to have paladin on it's traditional mid head platform while everybody else is on the right side.

The base price of end game gear for NLs is in the billions, and thus should never be nerfed. The bulk of the cost of making an end game weapon comes from the white scrolls used to perfect it, and it's not as though the difference in base prices of equips matter that much.

Paladins are falling in this weird area where we lack almost everything, utility and damage. The lack of cleave makes us practically useless in CWKPQ. Paladins fall hopeless behind other single target dpm and if we are to be regarded as one, we need to compare to the others.

The changes include: 5-6 exp increase from absolute trash to a decent grinding spot - CD buff to increase meso generation - Gacha weightage increase to get more legendary pulls - Introduction of gacha as a mob drop, allowing more players to pull gacha.

Not sure why a major maintenance was planned on a Monday when the team have other real-life commitments instead of over a weekend. I'm honestly not sure where to stand on the si affecting mages issue. I appreciate the Team's efforts for transparency, but I believe things can be done better like what everyone's sentiments are.

Currently threaten's main issue is that it's extremely limited / doesn't scale. Buffing threaten is also not a fix to the way paladins have been nuked this patch. MapleLegends is trying to be more GMS-like but add features deliberately where we see value.

Paladins were a meme on GMS doesn't mean they gotta be a meme here lmao, at least give them their 10 second HH back IMO since like making HH scale off attack seems like a lot of custom coding. Maybe give em some buffs on the charges or blast or something yknow to further improve their supposed identity of being the premier single target melee hero.

Paladins will no longer be using HH at horntail. As a result they will lose significant value likely to the point where they will be one of if not the worst classes to bring. No one is defending HH mules. We wanted them gone. But I'm not sure this was the way to go about it.

It's a 75% damage nerf on a skill that attacks so slow it's no longer worth using, simple math. It's not like a user can reasonably expect to be able to re-invest those SP on their own, as it's a literal 120k+ nx investment.

Current patch provides no level of buff to support the class, just screws them over with the hollow promise of "we'll buff you later" It seems unlikely they'll fix the fact that so many palis now have 30 points in a useless skill in most situations.

The holy charge should be revived adding more % in benefit of the pally attackers. The main pallies can have their dpm increased in compensation on increasing the cooldown of hh and reinforsing the cleave damage.

Holy charge deber�a revivir aument�ndole un poco m�s de% en beneficio de los ataker paladin, para que los palys principales puedan aumentar su dpm como compensaci�n a alargar el coldown de HH. Al darles una carga m�s fuerte, holy charge, y / o Advanced Charge se volver�an pr�cticamente como h

A character I have had for over 3 years, the only character I've ever had any interest in playing, has been nerfed to the ground because of the HH mule problem. And then balance team basically tells us to stop whining. I completely cant understand what kind of numbers we need to observe to see how the nerf affect the change.

Pallys got nerfed and won't be invited to Horntail. Pally single target damage is too significantly lacklustre to make up for the loss of cleave damage. Bishops also get 125% split from a lot of squads to incentivize bishops to join.

The extra damage gained from HH is still a significant increase to your damage, especially if you're an undergeared player. Anything that is elementally weak gets hit for 150% more damage. Upping blast means you'll cap out your damage and thereby nerf your scaling.

Holy Charge isn't overpowered, lorewise it's as fitting as it's fitting. Cast speed 1 sec, 15 sec cd, 50k dmg? no problemo. Disagree on changing elemental amp % cause it just affects too many things. #makeholychargegreatagain #MHCGA

Holy Charge isn't overpowered, lorewise it's fitting as a Paladin's main element, and with the HH nerf it seems like a perfect time to see what else one can do for them. A % between 180% to 185% would be perfect for holy charge. It would be stronger than fire charge and still weaker than ice charge on ice weak bosses like targa bosses outside of non elementally vulnerable bosses (zak, ht, pap, etc.) will remain unchanged

In 2017 everyone still thought paladins were shit classes and Nise hadn't joined the server yet so no one thought of disgusting shit like grinding at Crimson Guardians (also no shaolin). This is such a whack explanation. Ice is completely useless outside of mass stunning via hammer. Every time I try to fight manon it takes longer than it should due to other enemies getting in the way. Even when an enemy is ice weak its usually easier to just use fire unless it

Pally should be #1 for every bossing, including single-target and multiple like zak and HT in warriors. It would be "perfectly balanced" when pally becomes #1 on every section not only in warriors, but among "every classes" like SEed NL, SE+SIed MM, and so on.

Paladins are worse single target dpm then NL, sair, MM, hell maybe BM. They barely beat out hero. Paladins on bosses now have some of the worst cleave in the game.

Paladins level faster but as soon as anyone can go to 7f it evens out extremely quickly almost to the point you regret having to use points for HH while your other warrior friends didn't have to. According to the library at least, pink bean resists every single element making palis unusable at PB.

Paladins now are only good for NT/Scar which in my experienced opinion no where near makes up for their deficiencies elsewhere. Threaten is not a good utility. When you're soloing threaten is barely worth the time it takes to use.

I like the idea of somehow buffing threaten to be a more useful debuff. It seems most people are put off by how clunky it is to use. There's maybe 6-8 minutes of full 3 part cleave in HT. Legs/Arm/Wings is the only 100% certain 3hit.

I'm ALL FOR nerfing HH in its old form if there is somehow compensation to another aspect of the Paladin class to make up for the gaping hole it leaves behind. Optimal cleave for most HT runs is only about a third of the fight. After that your effectiveness is drastically reduced. I've talked about easier washing being one of the positives of a Paladin several times.

"Your new identity is threaten" lol good joke m8 Similarly to meatslam I ain't continuing this because the posts just aren't in good faith and getting more and more toxic. Threatening an ultimatum to get what you want is lame and childish, I know.

As a mid level pally main (who haven't burnt out from ideating and voicing out yet) I do quite like the shorter cast animation idea, with damage buffed back to the 199k. Another idea was buffing holy charge, which I personally don't find helpful. I'm not asking pallies to be stronger than NL's cause that'd be crazy, but at least lower the damage differential between them.

Paladin was never how it was pre-nerf for over 5 years. With the latest changes to HT, there are a lot of unique party comp changes that HT hosts are going to have to consider.

## making-hp-washing-truly-optional-a-solution.39773

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/making-hp-washing-truly-optional-a-solution.39773

- original: 34751 words
    - medium: 2723 words (7.8% of original)
    - short: 315 words (0.9% of original)

MapleLegends has a few serious gameplay flaws that have been around since the very beginning. I'm here to propose a potential solution to make HP washing OPTIONAL on MapleLegends. A daily quest available Level 130+ 70+ that involves hunting random monsters and/or collecting random ETC items from all over the Maple world.

The primary intent of this quest is to make HP washing effectively 100% optional on MapleLegends. Leeching from 1-120 is rather prohibitively expensive for a player starting with a single unfunded character. The meta in this server is way too strict.

MapleLegends is unnecessarily player-hostile to new players. Players will get lazier and complain about the MP quest being too grindy. Washing can allow players to access content at earlier or provide them with higher stats late game.

The reason PB is so much easier in ML is more due to the increased timer (90 minutes vs 60) If we had ways to ensure pb faces the proper way, then pb would definitely be doable with low hp. Even now while we can mostly keep it facing right, an unwashed NL can get through a run.

Once you started HP washing, it is really just a point of no return. The meta is already to babysit NLs for whatever they need to play the game #RemoveNL #FixShadowStar 110 votes yes.

Washing is not the only method to achieve a certain HP goal; therefore, washing is optional. Tagging "HP wash optional" makes it seem like there's some sort of custom alternative method to get hp. Lvl 70 is far too early for this suggestion to even be reasonable.

If you want to do HT without HB you barely need to wash. As long as you use the appropriate HP equips, it doesn't take much base INT to cross 10k (which is the bare minimum for HT). I did it with only 20 base INT.

MapleLegends has a few serious gameplay flaws that have been around since the very beginning. One of these flaws is the infamous HP Washing. I'm here to propose a potential solution to make HP washing OPTIONAL on MapleLegends.

A daily quest available Level 130+ 70+ that involves hunting random monsters and/or collecting random ETC items from all over the Maple world. The quest may also have a small meso fee attached per completion (1-2m?). The quest rewards an Untradeable, One-of-a-Kind Use item that increases your maximum MP (yes, MP) by a set amount depending on your character class.

The primary intent of this quest is to make HP washing effectively 100% optional on MapleLegends. No existing character, old or new, will ever be permanently ruined. The quest rewards a Max MP boost which will still require NX to be converted into HP.

The way the game is set up, it places the huge and unfair burden of a steep knowledge curve at the very beginning of the game. New players usually just want to have fun. Leeching from 1-120 is rather prohibitively expensive for a player starting with a single unfunded character.

The quest should be available from Level 70, and I wholeheartedly agree, as long as the proper checks and balances are set in place to prevent overgain/cheese. We don't get to say that HP washing is effectively 100% optional to experience all content on ML, because it just isn't true.

At Lvls 70+ I started feeling it directly on myself dying so many times while training, but still got to level 120. At that point I couldn't handle it anymore so I opened a new character (Bishop of course) that would give me some peace to play freely and I hope to get him to 120 soon. As Bishops aren't that strong I opened another char, a Brawler which now I learned on my "carne e ossa" to hp

MapleLegends has a few serious gameplay flaws that have been around since the very beginning. I'm here to propose a potential solution to finally make HP washing OPTIONAL on MapleLegends. HP washing is a big problem, but you can't just throw around ideas willy-nilly.

HP washing on MapleLegends is a big problem, but you can't just throw around ideas willy-nilly. A solution should achieve these goals: Make HP washing truly optional. Allow any player to play whatever class they want, without having to invest in a crippling amount of INT. Maintain the GTOP voting incentive for Maplelegends.

The primary intent of this quest is to make HP washing effectively 100% optional on MapleLegends. No existing character, old or new, will ever be permanently ruined. Less INTlords to make fun of.

There's nothing stopping players from washing AND enjoying the game. Leeching from 1-120 is rather prohibitively expensive for a player starting with a single unfunded character. New players usually just want to have fun.

Only very high level players/Level 200s should be able to complete a quest like this. No one would actually take advantage of the daily quest/Players will get lazier and complain about the MP quest being too grindy.

Great effort, and literally anything is helpful atm. But heyho. The meta in this server is way too strict. Players needs to buy a custom NX item to start quest. Quest provides less HP potential, forces player washing to be slower.

Skusku's idea is perfect, it would require some minor tweaks to make it "easier" to develop and/or make it balanced, such that not everyone is going to pepega abuse it. Dealing damage before lvl 200 is overrated.

I don't think the quest should be this long, not against bringing more people to PQs but a kill quest should suffice imo. It'd be cool if it was a random mob kill quest, that would work well with card hunting. If it starts at 4th job the hp gain per day should be higher.

MapleLegends is hosted out of passion and good will, without the primary motivation to make money unlike a full time business. HP Washing will of course, would make the older players (or rather those who wash a lot) pretty unhappy since they spent a lot of time washing to that value.

Washing goals are easier than any other goal in this game. Maintains the effort required but lowers the barrier to entry and doesn't make anything obsolete. Putting 1000 int in your character and leeching to lv 155 is not authentic maple.

The problem is not accessibility - this in itself is fully accessible already. The main problem is the willingness of new players to do anything that requires work to accomplish their goals. It has become normalized for people to use mages because it's efficient to do so both economically and time investment-wise.

This is an amount of int you will barely notice at higher levels. Most people aren't going to wash this heavily and won't need to. If 1 year of voting is enough to make a sweaty ranged attacker, imagine how much less time is required to make one that will just meet the minimum hp threshold? Probably less than half a year. The suggestions in this thread are calling for a 15-30 minute daily quest that you would have to repeat for 200 days in order to meet

The primary intent of this quest is to make HP washing effectively 100% optional on MapleLegends. No existing character, old or new, will ever be permanently ruined. Speeding up the washing process is bad for the server.

MapleLegends is unnecessarily player-hostile to new players. New players usually just want to have fun. The way the game is set up, it places the huge and unfair burden of a steep knowledge curve at the very beginning.

Players will get lazier and complain about the MP quest being too grindy. The goal is to make the quest a viable method for boosting a character's HP, with its own upsides and downsides compared to traditional washing. Leveling with 60-100 base INT is certainly doable.

Minimally HP washing is "easy" in terms of effort; however, learning the ins and outs of HP Washing and going through the effort to buy very expensive gear, gimp your character, and plan that far ahead is not. People get very discouraged when they find out there's content they straight up can't do unless they metaphorically shoot their character in the foot for a long ass time.

New players starting out have 0 funding and the only way to get damage is to add ap to their main stat. For a new assassin this means that rushing 120 base int uses up 24 levels worth of ap, causing their dmg to be severely crippled bc they can not pump luk. How is doing 10 dmg L7s at level 34 exciting?

Washing can allow players to access content at earlier or provide them with higher stats late game. It acts a gatekeeper to content, discourages freedom of play and encourages unhealthy player behaviour. The difference between washing and not washing is when can you play what.

The reason PB is so much easier in ML is more due to the increased timer (90 minutes vs 60) If we had ways to ensure pb faces the proper way, then pb would definitely be doable with low hp. Even now while we can mostly keep it facing right, an unwashed NL can get through a run. They might have to *gasp* pay attention to the fight and maybe even flash jump out of danger, but we have seen low hp NL

The amount of useless NLs with my hp in zak runs is disgusting. Having excess MP isn't a bad thing, but people wasting NX converting their excess mp into hp before they wash out INT is the ultimate meme. They're delaying their end of wash for no reason.

The only jobs who really get to fight at their full potential from Lv1 to Lv120+ AND still have a bright future are Warriors, Bandits, and Mage. The rest are wash-locked if you want them to have decent HP in the future. Giving low leveled ranged characters a way to by-pass the struggle of grinding with low HP throws off the balance of the game. A full power 12k HP ranged attacker is nowhere near being a liability.

A couple hundred or even thousand HP isn't gonna make much difference in 3rd job grinding. Instead of coding a custom daily quest, why not give 5 MP (value subject to change) for every existing quest? This would revive all the old quests that most people don't do instead of doing 100-200 days of custom daily quests.

The best resolution around this whole "washing is optional" debate is to allow for in-game options for temporary HP boosts that will benefit the player for that specific content. I don't want to see every new player create a hermit that can do full damage at lvl 135 with enough HP to face tank every boss with zero regards to party play.

The existence of required HP washing turns otherwise-prospective players away from the game. Most of these players aren't entitled manbabies, but just people who want to enjoy their mushroom game without it being a big headache. "Some people" should take matters into their own hands and start voting.

I don't think people should be telling new players that they have to wash to experience the full range of ML content, as this is completely false. The entitlement to access content that other players have worked to unlock as a rule and not a privilege from sacrifice. If people spend upwards of a year to be able to achieve hp to survive all content by doing non-min maxed damage as an INT mule, should others also be entitled to surviving all content without having sacrificed some time

My 128 Night Lord has (4 str/25 dex/260 int/380 luk) Clean: 13,393 HP / 3,539 MP Equips: 14,913 HP / 4,440 MP Hyper Body: 23,860 HP My soon to be Bowmaster (INT-Master) is only level 53.

Most people are in boss runs for some enjoyment with their guild/friends, and not for a butt clenching experience up to 4 hours. Once you started HP washing, it is really just a point of no return. It is painful to play a 120int character because the shitty damage, so you just leech. The meta is already to babysit NLs for whatever they need to play the game #RemoveNL #FixShadowStar 110 votes yes.

Pam is used to his own games, he's been playing them his whole life, so he has a library with plenty of options whenever he's bored. I ask him if he wants to join trying out the game with Sam, since socialization is the best aspect of the game. Since he's more experienced with gaming I could explain MapleStory as the MMORPG it is. He also got taken aback by HP washing, doubting between Pally and Hero.

The combined use would be perfect imo. You use the potion quest next to some light HP washing, so you'll have a less harder time getting to the HP you want. You can always correct your character, it's basically fuck up-proof Isn't blood HP a featured mechanic? People pretend like min-max damage is essential to core game-play when it is not.

Washing is mandatory to make my hp bar pixels as small as possible. Why flex high hp when you can flex near zero hp? Not sure why grinding has to be "hard" tbh, but "OK". That's Dark Knight 5th job I think.

I agree with Pippy, and i'll support the hp washing optional tag. Many people havent done those hp washing "compulsory" bosses but have sunk 100s of hours. Pot burn is a completely separate "issue" and I don't know why it's lumped into the same discussion.

I'm really happy this idea has gained so much traction. No serious group will consider a severely bloodwashed player on their roster. 350 hp washes isn't even a requirement, as is 300 int hp washing.

New players can choose whether to play the game as intended while getting the perfect minimum amount of HP to properly enjoy the game. A person doing the hypothetical quest if implemented will need to spend less nx to gain the same amount of hp as someone who purely washes.

By 135, an unwashed shad will have 3.4K hp. If you can�t survive Zak with meso guard and 4K hp, then suddenly the appeal of this thread makes all the more sense to me now. HP washing is not optional because of player skill issues. You really don't need to HP wash at all for zak especially on a shad.

Washing is not the only method to achieve a certain HP goal; therefore, washing is optional. Tagging "HP wash optional" makes it seem like there's some sort of custom alternative method to get hp when there's really not. The server should look at retaining new players, which is the whole point of finding a solution to washing.

The server should look at retaining new players, which is the whole point of finding a solution to washing. New players that might be coming to legends and playing for a long time would get demotivated just cause their characters are ruined because hp washing is a thing. People just choose to wash excessively because of herd mentality.

Lvl 70 is far too early for this suggestion to even be reasonable. This suggestion makes sense for players that actually get to end-game content levels. Allowing for them to wash even before that is dumb. Once again we have a proletariat trying to dictate what "fun" is.

A problem I have with this suggestion is that it renders a number of existing hp gear/scrolls irrelevant - e.g. bfc becomes practically worthless. I also think it is slightly unfair for warriors if it becomes the case that ranged characters can do content like toad without any dmg loss. If warriors have to sacrifice some dmg to do the boss then I believe a minimum hp threshold should be defined where ranged has to wear hp gear to do toad.

The game was designed with people getting HB in mind. Talking about HP washing in ML is like talking about politics IRL. It's possible to enjoy mid-game with a burner account if that's something you really want to do, but you shouldn't change the entire scope of the game because of newbie's preferences.

Pink Bean is the most recent curveball for the server, but the same thing applied for Horntail and Neo Tokyo bosses over the past few years. I don't think anyone here is asking for it to be easier. It's just asking to play the game a different way.

If new players are quitting because of a toxic community that says they're scuffing their character then that's on the community. I have no clue how anyone can think that a level 3x assassin can be scuffed by that point. I did a self-funded, minimal leech(117-120...), 120 int(slowly added) corsair, and currently he sits at level 132 with roughly 5mil DPM fully buffed. He did not receive any

The best solution to HP washing problems is an HP washing information info page on the website/discord so that people can be well informed by a credible source. Make info about HP washing easy to find and trustworthy so that all the ignorance and the bad effects (people quitting) can go away.

Many of the older players have made it known (esp earlier in the thread when things were...calmer) that they support Sku's suggestion, and -ovv is here being a necessary devil's advocate. The side effect of this is that the new players (especially those playground bully style people who go "you're outnumbered just give up") immediately rush him.

If you want to do HT without HB you barely need to wash. As long as you use the appropriate HP equips (BFC, MoN, pet equips, event equips), it doesn't take much base INT to cross 10k (which is the bare minimum for HT). I did it with only 20 base INT. And imo expecting to toad or PB without HB as a baseline on a ranged character (would need 15k+ hp) would be unreasonable

## the-pogventures-journal-day-104.36944

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-pogventures-journal-day-104.36944

- original: 16246 words
    - medium: 1434 words (8.8% of original)
    - short: 173 words (1.1% of original)

PogShad has been created the 28th Jan 2021 and will hopefully, in the next couple of weeks get to lvl 80+. I won't be #ppl2passing it hard by doing 12+ hours a day grinds, keep it slow and steady. Main goal of PogShad is to get to level 80+ to wear a Dragon's Tail.

After 4 years I FINALLY GET MY SECOND CHAOS SCROLL (bullshit gacha rates on me 2cs/0ws in 4 years) Booked another 2 hour climbing for tomorrow Slight neck muscles pain / soreness, doing neck stretches daily now to hopefully fix this pain. Did some QiGong (pretty nice), Yoga and stretches my screenshot D: F I will never get that maple umbrella back.

Gonna aim on doing 10 card sets per day (until I reach the hard mobs, will drop to 5 per day) Started listening to Math Rock, as per suggestion by Skuire and I'm liking the genre. The PogVentures will restart the 1st of April with a revamp of goals, challenges and fun-to-be made with the PogShad Shadower.

PogShad has been created the 28th Jan 2021 and will hopefully, in the next couple of weeks get to lvl 80+. I won't be #ppl2passing it hard by doing 12+ hours a day grinds, keep it slow and steady.

The spongebob one made me laugh! Yes!! I love that you started a grinding journal, go get em! <333 DAY 3 NIGHT Time Played : ~3hours I'm going to die here, yes this is my GS2 v2 I'm happy that I completed Ellin questline and I now have the Ellin ring for lvl 50 problem is.... I'm LVL 47 with shit dmg (I now range 900~1500 with savage blow)

I'm going to introduce a new section, IRL describing the daily changes of my life outside of the pixel game and from discord (even though most likely people will find out my IRL news there) Spoiler: IRL As far as some know, I've taken a break from studies, I started my masters last year in August and, for the time being, felt unmotivated on following through with the first of two years.

Mesos Gained : 6.3m (spent 12m) Normal Gacha : 7 Rare Gacha: 2 Spoiler: IRL Health & Exercising Did 20 minutes of Yoga and Resistance Band exercises Tomorrow I'll go climb. Got an email for a 2-year Program that they accepted my test challenges and now reviewing my Resume tomorrow I'll be participating in a Career Fairs online given by my Masters univ.

Gacha rates on me 2cs/0ws in 4 years. Got a GFMA30 yesterday and a CFA30 today, I will kick your ass so hard your vertebrae pop out of your mouth one by one like a pez dispenser. Main goal of PogShad is to get to lvl 80+ to wear a Dragon's Tail.

I'm LVL 45, no washes at all and with HP 1.424 MP 1.152 INT 150 per LVL UP (160 with mw20) As of right now, I could wash HP 576 (aka HP 2.000) By LVL 70, by following the stats I will haveHP 1.980 MP 1152 + (1184-804) + 15 * (70-45) = 1.907. At this point I could

I'm going to introduce a new section, IRL describing the daily changes of my life outside of the pixel game and from discord. As far as some know, I've taken a break from studies, I started my masters last year in August and, for the time being, felt unmotivated on following through with the first of two years. Remote education at this level is not as profitable as it might have seen on first eyes for me (networking and social life being absolutely

I hope that the IRL section will be a nice read in the future, maybe couple of months, and will bring a tear to me while re-reading it all. I'm thinking about making the Posts a little bit more artsy but, given my inexistant arts skills it will be hard.

After 4 years I FINALLY GET MY SECOND CHAOS SCROLL (bullshit gacha rates on me 2cs/0ws in 4 years) Booked another 2 hour climbing for tomorrow Slight neck muscles pain / soreness, doing neck stretches daily now to hopefully fix this pain Did some yoga this morning Job Search I applied to the 4 positions I've found during the Career Fair yesterday, moved the old waiting ones into Ghosting (as over a month has passed

After a day of playing, I've found a partner for GS1 leech. For that he started selling leech BUT, my fellow partner disconnected and, for that brief following 45 minutes no word has been spoken. At that point I've confused him into thinking I've already paid him, given I had paid him 5m. Sadly tho, after that endeavour has ended, our friendly seller wanted to go back to Kerning, helping his fellow friend. A second trader came into

Today we got to LVL 85 with absolute pepega amounts of leech, expect me too buwust levels even more in next days as Hiyo is basically indebted to my businessman trade expertise. Now that I finally got to CB status, and have BandofThieves maxed I'm looking at three different gameplay stages in the next days : Card Farming, Hopefully get to 150/300 sets completed in next 14 days Gear Farming / Merching.

Went climbing today for 5+ hours Belayed friends for the first time, still getting the hang of it Did 8 routes (ranging 5c to 6a+) Almost at 110kg Mostly healthy day, exercising a ton and sweating more than a sweaty ML player. 380k NX YEP card grind today, farmed a whooping 19 sets in Vic Island.

Went climbing today and did 17 different boulder routes (maybe 25 if you count retakes) Did some QiGong (pretty nice), Yoga and stretches my screenshot D: F I will never get that maple umbrella back. Got a MoN from CWK LVL 125 90~100 card sets Hope event gets announced (I really need AP Resets) Right now I've stopped MP Washing and generally trying to use my unused APs to HP wash.

Today was a bit of a mess, really tired in general... I legit spent most day on Discord and looking at the ceiling. I grabbed 3 card sets in ludi (the chronos family) and saved on the gacha farmed. I will now save up gacha over every tier I get, so when I get 120 sets I'll do a big gacha run.

After MP Washing I will have to grab 130 APs to HP Wash (Total HP 2340) AKA I'll have to LVL UP 28 times to get those APs. By LVL 153 I will be washed to the absolute pepega amount of HP 9148. Give or take mob ring I could get to 10k HP by LVL 160. I've established myself in Ludi long term, still got around 900 HP pots (man shifter at 15

Ayy Magatia cards are done now, easily prepared but... WAIT... is that a maintenance for valentines event? Ah yes, my dream has come to fruition... we are now ready to farm AP Resets like theres no tomorrow. Time to get hands warm enough to 24/7 my 350 AP resets. WTF of an event, thought it would have been a good one for AP reset farming... but eh scammazed hard. Maybe we will

I just went ahead and farmed 13 card sets and uhhh (I now have a backlog of exercising to do XD) Gonna aim on doing 10 card sets per day (until I reach the hard mobs, will drop to 5 per day) and grab the etc for daily basket. Started listening to Math Rock, as per suggestion by Skuire and I'm liking the genre. Leveled up while getting Cornian stuff with Ainz (lmao scuffed drop rate

The Fael finding game with supporting screenshots of the crew. Horntail is gone. I'm aiming on getting down to 4 Base STR (lel) and the lowest Base DEX too. I'll be mostly grinding valentine etc to get some mezoz.

I'm trying to find something enjoyable which, maybe even for 6hours a day, I can work on, and then continue with my personal hobbies... such as MapleLegends, climbing, general gym workouts and Hiking. In the meantime I will write a Day-by-Day of what happened, since the Journal change. Keyboard finally started shipping from China yay ty for the sets uwu.

Today's Journal is the morning after. Did nothing particular today, not even workouts. Sold some random stuff in store + NPCed equips from 1-2f and 7f grinding +10m easy peasy Stats are looking fine. Looking forward to grind to LVL 135+ for possible ZAK / bossing.

PogVentures will restart the 1st of April with a revamp of goals, challenges and fun-to-be made with the PogShad pee-pee.

The PogVentures will restart the 1st of April with a revamp of goals, challenges and fun-to-be made with the PogShad Shadower. Stay tuned peepee poopoo Better not be no April fools.

Tomato man has been working on getting to 100% 10k lines with BStep at Ravana and basically assist Chris to get his Ravana helm (lmao gl with that roll) Try to farm a ton of Ravana helms (me too lmao) and hope to get a +7 scrolled one Pray to RNG gods to get some CS/WS from gacha Work up to LVL 150 for that Reverse/Timeless swag.

With alliance and was able to snag up some Glasses with STR+1 DEX+1 (+ a trash no stat one) Cent and Nisrock were pretty good and will net me a 3m profit in next days. Slowly and steadily moving into playing daily bosses if alliance will do so.

## the-life-of-dami-day-46-goby-spreadsheet.39135

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-life-of-dami-day-46-goby-spreadsheet.39135

- original: 11104 words
    - medium: 611 words (5.5% of original)
    - short: 70 words (0.6% of original)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dami�n's real name is Dami�n but most people call me Dami. I also go by the name of Mew, Aschtra, Opel, Ferluci, Ferlucio, WorstGMEver, PotatoBurner and Frogman. I hope to give an insight in how I play this game.

This is entry #27 of my Maple Diary. Today marks the first day of the second month that I am keeping this journal. Also 100th replies! Thank u all for supporting!

Dami�n's real name is Dami�n but most people call me Dami. I also go by the name of Mew, Aschtra, Opel, Ferluci, Ferlucio, WorstGMEver, PotatoBurner and Frogman. I hope to bring you alongside my MapleLegends adventure to give an insight in how I play this game.

My name is Dami and here is my journal: Today I did Gobi. You're missing your 4th tab "maplelegends how to write a diary - Google search" thank you for posting your unpog journal with xqcNotL content but i personally only care about motto's POGdventures omg itsa me!

Day 3: Fixed the 'you have X updates available' issue on my SABnzbd server. Finished watching 'Godzilla vs Kong' movie yesterday. Was really excited about it but the movie turned out kinda meh and meme at the end.

My real name is Dami�n but most people call me Dami. I also go by the name of Mew, Aschtra, Opel, Ferluci, Ferlucio, WorstGMEver, PotatoBurner and Frogman. I hope to bring you alongside my MapleLegends adventure to give an insight in how I play this game.

My name is Dami and here is my journal: Today I did Gobi. Repeat. You're missing your 4th tab "maplelegends how to write a diary - Google search" thank you for posting your unpog journal with xqcNotL content but i personally only care about motto's POGdventures omg itsa me! I look forward to the daily Goby update Lucifero.

Ferlucio recorded a bit of an 1 hour run of Goby's. Finished watching 'Godzilla vs Kong' movie yesterday. Fixed the 'you have X updates available' issue on my SABnzbd server.

I did alot of AFK woodcutting again and gained 88 woodcutting Loot from 84-->88: 2 more levels to go untill redwood! Also did a Hard Clue Scroll: It's okay, have seen alot worse. Gacha run: Nothing again. Ainz took my luck I guess. He rich AF now. Put the money in the bank as always, I do this per 5mil.

No entry today, am not feeling well at the moment. Will update tomorrow. Also Easter today so did some IRL stuff. I promise I will do some Goby tomorrow.

Auf Haven spawn was not meant as a teaser and just for fun. Finished watching The Irregular. Switched anime list website from MyAnimeList to AniList. Rebooted my HomeAssistant server.

Day 10 of The Life of Dami. Did about 40 minutes of Goby. Started watching Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu. Spent the whole evening trying to get this sensor to become active.

Achieved level 90 woodcutting! Also did my weekly Tears of Guthix and got 59 Runecrafting. Ended the day with more than 400k WX exp gained. I'm almost 100% sure that I am the highest level Hermit.

Maple Day 19: Nothing else to do in this game. Day 20: Checked with my friends Hans in Ludibrium for my playtime in OSRS. Day 21: Due to IRL obligations (getting a haircut) I didn't play on my normal account. Day 22: Did like 45 minutes of Goby today.

This is entry #27 of my Maple Diary. Today I started with my daily 2 Papulatus runs. Recorded both runs but I died in the first run (had 1 charm) Tried out this Subnautica game but did not like it.

MapleTip: Being Unlucky is not a bug. We all start blaming Kimmy for RnG problems Three Zero.

M2D1 (Month 2 Day 1 of diary) Also 100th replies! Thank u all for supporting! Today marks the first day of the second month that I am keeping this journal.

The run was 20 min faster with edann. The pirate skirt is a perfect one Gacha run: Decent I�d say.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    12:03 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    1:03 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    Here you go Nise!

## boss-equips-removing-one-of-a-kind-feedback-thread.33305

thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-removing-one-of-a-kind-feedback-thread.33305

- original: 20272 words
    - medium: 1551 words (7.7% of original)
    - short: 147 words (0.7% of original)

MapleLegends staff would like to remove the 'one-of-a-kind' label from boss equips. This would allow players to 'perfect' their boss gear without having to throw away their helmet. This could lead to more inter-player spending, and a wider distribution of wealth.

The helmets will certainly benefit from the removal of one-of-a-kind attribute. Scar/Targa is hella bugged, need to be fixed in general.

Poll is now available. It'll be up for 7 days to see where the general consensus lays. The danger of power creep overweights the minor benefits brought about by the change. Make bosses harder with decreased timers.

The economy is suffering because all modes of production in the game point toward amassing wealth towards the wealthy who do not spend in return. Some kind of daily quest that is random or tailored to the users level and provides a set reward would improve the situation.

The idea is to remove the 'one-of-a-kind' label for boss equips (Mark of Naricain, Horned Tail Necklace, Zakum helmet, scarlion/targa hat), but still keeping them untradeable. If you can loot multiple drops, you can also NPC excess boss drops (which helps bring in raw mesos into the economy, and hopefully offset the pots used by the players too)

One of a kind items should stay as they are right now. Removing it just takes away the risk and doesn't really make it rewarding at all. It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it should be changed.

The reasons why the market is crap now is due to high supply but low demand. I once suggested the removal of Taos from CWKPQ as it just ruins the market of balanced furies as a whole - and hence black crystal ores too.

Reducing the timer would also increase the market value of attack potions like apples/stews/stoppers. Removing the one-of-a-kind attribute to these items certainly will remove annoyance with the people intending to scroll those items.

The idea is to remove the 'one-of-a-kind' label for boss equips (Mark of Naricain, Horned Tail Necklace, Zakum helmet, scarlion/targa hat), but still keeping them untradeable. The whole point is to make bossing a somewhat a little more worthwhile. Multiple drops could also lead to bosses becoming somewhat profitable without having to rely on lucky RNG or having buyers.

MapleLegends staff would like to remove the 'one-of-a-kind' label from boss equips. This would allow players to 'perfect' their boss gear without having to throw away their helmet. This could lead to more inter-player spending, and a wider distribution of wealth.

If this change goes through I feel like zakum and targa helms are at a good price right now, but would suggest increasing the NPC of HTPs to go up to somewhere around a mil each. Helmets are a lot less impactful on people's ranges, since they dont have any attack, so I dont see a problem with those if they're made to be not one of a kind, it wouldn't drastically make anything a lot easier.

The only scrolling demand from allowing this is the increase in Helm scrolls and Chaos scrolls. This idea could possibly increase the number of buyers for these helms, but when so many players are able to sell the service (and providing the supply of these gears), it kinda negates the small increase in demand. On the other hand it may increase the demand of horntail pendants - and hence chaos scrolls.

The helmets will certainly benefit from the removal of one-of-a-kind attribute. For archers there is no distinction between wearing a Str or a Dex Scar helmet. MoN and HT necklace are different for two reasons. Many stats make them prime candidates for chaos scrolls. You have to be lucky on your chaos scroll upping the desired stats.

I don't really like the idea of removing "One of a kind" restrictions. I think just making the bosses harder with less drop rate will do the trick. Scar/Targa is hella bugged, need to be fixed in general. I agree that there were too many 65% scrolls put into the economy.

i would more likely to see horntail way harder and that u kinda forced into clearing it with 9-12man minimum ideas for that would be: Random mass seduces or if 1 part dies opens an ability to horntails like for example mass sed if tail dies. and please FIX 3-4man horntailing... and the maplelegends Pay2Win option if u buy a 2nd computer u can do 3- 4 man horntailed with just mules

Bossing is a fun group activity and I would love to see more people boss regularly. The main concern most newer players have is the pot burn. Lets make krexel drop 10m upon kill pog.

Currently zhelms / mons have fallen enough to where selling one doesn't even cover pot usage much of the time. Selling a helm for 500k should be a last resort. I've been on 3 runs in the last couple weeks where 0 helms dropped. That should never happen...

There's no limit to the amount of 65% scroll people can get ( Which got nerf abit but Cape for INT 65%...? In a server that pretty much require Washing ) .Puff Daddy = Grind = Gacha (Golden ticket too) = CS/WS 60m/110m. Instead of trying to fix what is already broken we need to make sure to reward player but also limit player How to run an Event but also not break the economy.

I'm opposed to removing the "one of a kind" tag completely on boss equips, I feel like scrolling high stat end game equips should be challenging and stay that way. I don't like the solution to have meso bag values increased because it would be easily abused via meso up. There's no real outlet for good meso generation outside of mages post mannies nerf.

Rav is one of the easiest bosses in the game and drops quite a few equips from the times I've ran it. Biggest annoyance for rav is finding someone to duo it with / getting garbage helms 9/10 times. Rav is definitely solo able in 10 minutes but the pre quests take sometime.

The core of people in this game is playing to build his character into late game, this means YOU NEED TO HP WASH!! This is a problem because you need like 3 months of voting NX to do this correctly. I suggest bringing back the Neckson cash tickets drops of monsters from past event. This would make HP washing process easier and faster, since there are no pay to win items in cash shop this would be ok.

Change would have a negative effect on early game players trying to get a zhelm, as now they have to compete with the runners themselves for those same helm drops. If the end goal is to stimulate economy by increasing demand for helm and chaos scrolls, this change could work, but if just trying to change the level of profitability of runs, I dont think it will help.

This won't affect overall profitability of runs, it's simply trying to put less of a dent in your pocket. This won't incentivize people to run more Boss runs are done for the EXP, much like grinding. The danger of power creep overweights the minor benefits brought about by the change.

Make bosses harder with decreased timers Concerns associated with this = increasing the barrier to new players. Bossing isn't just a way to earn profits, it's the primary way to gain EXP.

Maplelegends is unique. setting a goal as a no vote to win server it inadvertently drowned the market of scrolls. Instead of hard work farming scrolls, new players rely on luck in gach to be successful.

The maps themselves are horribly implemented, or at least the first one is. Pets literally cannot navigate to 90% of loot so you spend most of your time trying to loot coins etc. Users can't grind at other maps for coins / exp / drops that might be more functional, or even access crafting npcs.

Poll is now available. It'll be up for 7 days to see where the general consensus lays. The daily boss quest will reward both mage and non-mage players to kill a particular boss.

casual runs are going to get screwed more badly from random sed. How is dexbucc p2w? You can literally have a functional one with 0 washing. Please allow down-jump for the eruwater maps.

One of a kind items should stay as it is. Pumping more meso into the game sounds dangerous, from a design perspective imo. I thought this was a lazy ass way to balance ulu2 and leeching given that it hasn't been fixed for months?

For all the bosses which this change would apply to, none of them need a minimum reimbursement boost. Zakum and HT already drop several pieces of NPCable gears consistently (and enough people out there are using scar/targa that they can still pick up one helm to NPC)

The old maplestory ruined because these "small steps every some time" We should find other ways to bring meso into the community, maybe an event or something but please don't change it. I think the reason for generating raw meso is due to the fact that some people fear a deflation at the moment.

The economy is suffering because all modes of production in the game point toward amassing wealth towards the wealthy who do not spend in return. The best means for artificially injecting wealth to new players was through the generation of white scrolls and chaos scrolls through gach. This led to a trend of a fairly inelastic market for white scrolls with the price being almost entirely controlled by buyers.

Some kind of daily quest that is random or tailored to the users level and provides a set reward would improve the situation for lower leveled users. Currently the only "intended" way to escape poverty via proper reward system is completing the Jane Doe quest which guarantees one 30% overall Int scroll. Balance the opportunity cost of the reward on new players able to finding ways to gain mesos vs. old players making mules.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. jimmiller

jimmiller Snail

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    7:03 PM
    Islander
    That is really great information. Thanks for this.

7. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    12:03 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    These are some things I learned from reading the summaries. I hope you are as enlightened as I am.

• Agree Agree x 1