1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Ship safe spot alternatives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fruit258, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:59 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Noo you forgot the real reason this was changed.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/sku-beats-the-game.43152/page-6

• Like Like x 1
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    11:59 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    3:59 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Sure buddy, those threads are talking about making exp and meso at ghost ship with no costs. Adding a ROPE safe spot won't change this

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Because it pushes the idea that players don’t have to make adjustments to staffs decisions on changes and instead can complain on forums for every little thing. If you’re a leech seller and notice your leech buyers dying, use your brain and figure out a solution.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Not all adjustments are positive to the server, and even staff knows that. If something is wrong, I'm sure they would change without any problem. I remember when I first experienced PQ points on MapleLegends. Shivering started doing HPQ with 6 chars and farmed tons of Maple Shield until they change it.
    Same with this. We are just talking about what each one thinks about the change, but you're acting like suggestions aren't welcome, as if this is just a random complain.
    Actually, today I heard 2 more cases of people killing each other on Ghost Ship unintentionally. I just imagine the amount of reports that would happen if all those guys actually knew they can report, although they won't have enough proof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sounds like player skill issue to me.]
    As for why it would be bad for GS2, because it pushes leech viability on a level-appropriate grinding map which makes the maps more scarce for those who need it.

Leechers can go to peach monkey to leech where other level 5x-6x players can't grind effectively.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    idk if what i will say will make sense cause i dont have much knowledge about leech, but what i see is gs2 is past map.

To leech: peach monkey sens far better
    To level up: cleric/il do much more exp out of the stair (can keep killing as braindead map)
    and for other attacker taipei is like 200% better..
    the part of kill someone is hard to ask a good
    common sense

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    2:59 AM
    Agree with a rope safe spot, since the purpose of the previous change was to discourage 'afk training' on the stairs. Removing safe spots completely seems like an overkill when almost all other maps have at least a pseudo safe spot.

In addition to hurting leech buyers, the current situation is very unfriendly to low level players who are training together too. One person cannot simply take a break and let their friend leech them for a while, but they must instead exit the map and lose exp.

9. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:59 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Leeching is possible in system - this doesn't mean leeching should be 100% safe and be guaranteed to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    The lack of a safespot in a map isn't a flaw or bug, it's a feature. If you die because you weren't on a safespot, that isn't an indication that the map is broken, it's an indication that you were using it wrong.

Ghost Ship (2 or the others) are some of the best grinding maps in a certain level range. Additionally, they're great for leeching. This being offset by the user having to pay more attention to their mules seems perfectly balanced to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    As much as I think leech is too easy and detracts from the game more than it adds, and that leech buyers/sellers should suffer.

This map is such a staple of ''old school'' (true old school does not have this area anyway) MS PS that it is very unintuitive for new/unknowing players to suddenly get knocked off the stairs. Or accidentally knocking other players off.

Please fix HS/party exp instead (if leech is a concern) and reinstate these safe spots. If footpedaling is an issue you can give it the ult treatment (5 casts and afk check activates), or some other fix. As mentioned before with enough TMA you can still footpedal anyway...

Or don't, I don't care too much either way but Fael has a point here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    New players can learn :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    The stairs and the old pipe safe spots were leveled in the same exact area, so having the monsters attack the stairs ended up also attacking the pipe as well.

Old school did have this area, with the addition to the other GS rooms.

The mob's attack range were also changed in other servers as well as to what Kimmy said, if someone bought leech they should have a timer of their own to indicate when leech will be over. This is of course only if the leech seller doesn't take a break within the hour. I don't see any problems with this map or the other rooms on the ship.

14. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    2:59 PM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    My only take regarding this issue is that it seems that it's mostly punishing newer players while all the others endgame leeching spots still have safespots. Lets remember gs2 leech is mostly done by newer bishops who are trying to make money and by veterans who are leeching up new characters/mules. It's a lot less punishing for a veteran leeching their own character as a death only implies move back to the map. For a newer player it would involve some sort of argument with the buyer and in reality the whole point of this change was to avoid afk grinding for clerics and this leeching issue is more of a byproduct and it honestly doesn't make much sense to nitpick on this singular map to make leeching more problematic when there's an infinity of more maps where leech is done, specially maps where leech is done up to lvl 200 vs until lvl 65.

It's actually counterintuitive to go to the FM everytime you need to take a 1-2 min short break and it's very easy to forget to do so when this is one of the few maps that actually doesn't have a safe spot (when it actually intended to in vanilla prebb). I think this change would only affect a small portion of the gameplay and would allow for less controversy in the gs2 leeching scene so I don't see why it would be a big issue.

I don't think it's very likely that adding a safespot changes the amount of players who go there to leech. I'm not sure someone would be like "Oh shit safe spot in gs2, time to leech there" It's also true that ghost ship has a lot of decent maps one could opt to if the case of gs2 being full.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    A simpler solution would be to remove the stairs and not increase the attack range then. So the rope safe spot is preserved and foot pedal training is still prevented.

• Creative Creative x 2
  16. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    If the argument is that great grinding/leeching maps doesn't deserve safe spots, what about all the other maps like ulu, shaolin, vikes?

Seems unfair to solely penalise a map that is more used by new players than veterans.

17. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    MP Eater + Heal is enough to foot pedal the map for Cleric/Priests, the monsters would ping-pong your character around enough to bypass the 'bot check' of 100 seconds of spamming an ability, pets + auto pot also falls under this so it's pretty much the same thing in of itself stairs or not.

18. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    This isn't why they implemented the change though? How does increased attack range affect what you are describing?

19. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    This pretty much describes it in full, the safe spot is perfectly lined up to stairs and the rope is in the way of it so, idk what else to say, theres nothing else to really mention

20. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Not really sure the point you are trying to raise. Everyone knows the stairs and rope gets hit.

Nobody misunderstood the effect of the change, the intention of OP's post was that some element of safe spot should be restored.