1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gifting Nx (cosmetic only)

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by South, Apr 1, 2017.

Should donor points be able to gift nx hats,tops,capes..etc

1. Yes

64.1%
  2. No, what are you crazy?

35.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. South

South Slime

Mar 7, 2017
    Male
    2:18 AM
    South
    Chief Bandit
    Eternal
    So I was wondering what everyone thinks about this idea. I think it would be cool to gift friends nx items
    (cosmetic only). I do understand it can be pay2win (selling nx for mesos). But I would like everyone to vote and maybe get some feedback on your thoughts about this.

Thanks, South

2. OP
    OP
    South

South Slime

Mar 7, 2017
    Male
    South
    Chief Bandit
    Eternal
    Let it be known, that this can be abused by people. So if anyone has any idea how to not be able to abuse this please let me know.

3. Rypticalbolt

Rypticalbolt Blue Snail

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    3:18 AM
    Rypticalbolt
    I for one would be down for that idea if it's for strictly cosmetics. But it would probably be hard for the staff to make a new slot for gifted donor points and make it strictly available for cosmetic uses. But that sounds possible.

4. OP
    OP
    South

South Slime

Mar 7, 2017
    Male
    South
    Chief Bandit
    Eternal
    Not gifting donor points, using donor points to gift nx items :p

5. Rypticalbolt

Rypticalbolt Blue Snail

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    3:18 AM
    Rypticalbolt
    Well that works too. And if they make gifting them strictly for cosmetic it can not cross the pay to win border.

6. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    8:18 AM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Gonna receive a big fat no from me, and here's why;
    If you can gift items with donor NX, it basically makes selling NX possible. Meaning that you can spend RWC for Mesos in game which is a big no-no (also illegal according to the ToS).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

7:18 AM
    I personally wish this was possible however, what dylan wrote stays true and is a big factor in our server. We want absolutely no pay-to-win aspect

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. johntulett

johntulett Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Northwich, UK
    Jourin
    Page
    What about just gifting the points? What the user does with it is completely up to them. For example if there was to be an in game give away say via a twitch thing. Encouraging community footfall to win small amounts of donor cash.

9. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

I agree - i like the gifting idea
    The only issue is that it then becomes pay to win.
    People can easily sell permanent cosmetic items to others for mesos :(

10. johntulett

johntulett Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Northwich, UK
    Jourin
    Page
    As NX items are generally untradeable anyway surely this could be policed quite easily?

11. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    I would really love to see this, would be great.

12. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    I don't see being able to gift cosmetics-only with vote NX as a contradiction to the server's "no pay2win" principle, but I agree that donor NX should not be usable for gifting for reasons discussed above.

13. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Im not exactly sure what you mean so i need clarification
    What i meant was you could pay me 10m mesos and i could gift you a permanent nx top. Therefore, by paying 5 euros, i would gain 10m by selling you that top. This makes it pay to win (you gained 10 mil in game mesos for real life currency)

Are you saying that gms would monitor every gift transaction to make sure mesos werent exchanged for the nx item that was gifted? O:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. johntulett

johntulett Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Northwich, UK
    Jourin
    Page
    not so much monitor. But disable the function to trade NX gear all together. If its cosmetic then there is no need for this function to exist in the first place. The idea of making this server a no "pay2win" this function should not exist, no?

15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    As stated by others, there is no way this can be realized in a way that will prevent the possibility of exchanging RWC for meso, hence I don't think there's the slightest chance of this ever being implemented.

This applies both to gifting the donor points and to gifting the actual items themselves (whether this be cosmetic or not). Besides, aren't donor items all cosmetic anyways?

16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

The nx item wouldnt be tradable
    Someone would give you 10 mil, then, using the gifting method they would "gift" a nx item

Thats how it was in gms for the people who sold nx

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. johntulett

johntulett Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Northwich, UK
    Jourin
    Page
    AAHHH i get it now. But kind of not what I envisioned. For example, imagine playing a twitch feed and giving allow the "currency" not the item. The currency itself would not be a tradeable tender which the user could then use to purchase cosmetics.

I can't really see this being a pay2win breach due to the fact that the vote cash system is in place and regularly used.

And if this is still a problem then donater cash would be a problem no? As this would imply people could already sell items in the old GMS format?

18. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    The voting system is a whole other story, as it does not convert real world currency into Maple currency. You're just gifting some of your daily effort of voting.
    Whether you allow the currency or the items makes no difference in this sense, since in both cases people could just pay someone meso and receive the donor cash/nx item in return.

19. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    12:18 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Participate in GM Events and get top 3, you get Legends Game Cash. This NX allows you to gift to people.

20. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

in my two years of playing ML i got second place once...
    FEELSBADMAN </3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.