1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Give players who are lv90/100+ options to level up

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xDarkomantis, Sep 16, 2022.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:16 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Correct Title: Give level 90 to 100 range players who are HP washing with base int and refuse to buy any leech options to level up.

If you are open to purchasing leech, this entire thread is irrelevant. What percent of the casual playerbase is a hardcore no leech extremist?

What's wrong with having a middle ground where players do a combination of grinding and leech to level up and reach 4th job?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Sounds like a revamp of Ludibrim path of time might be palpable to encourage more party training. I agree completely that party training is better. That's exactly the reason why I said DreamMS was the most fun I've had because their exp system encourages party play and very little leech.

I think people quit at 120+ is because there's still that gap between 120 and 135.

As you said, party play is fun even when it takes a long time, and so bossing will be a grind, sure, but more fun. That's why this topic includes late 3rd early 4th.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    10:16 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Elitists didn't born at 4th job, everyone had their 3rd job experience.
    If these guys wanna take the hardest path (leveling a ranged with int without leeching) it is supposed to be hard.
    Also you only stuck at 110~+, its insanely cheap to buy leech till 120 lol, you're supposed to partyplay at some maps like grim/himmes/cd, last hit FoT (who gives like 50% more exp than leeching)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    MapleLegends has a bunch of op items that are easily obtained like gloves with att/cape/ 30s, resources that weren’t as available back then.

In this sense, even if you have 200 int, you are still on par or stronger than an average player from the past. Besides, MapleLegends has respaw rates much faster than OG servers used to have, making it even easier to level.

Furthermore, it’s possible to level pretty fast with a ranged 100 + with acc gear in FoT as last hitter. Before that, you can CD and it’s good exp too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    9:16 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Kinda glad that we actually have such post coming up in the forum. I really missed such posts over the months/years tbh. Because an old player would just leech their way to 135 with 500 int without even making sound, before another 30k hp character pops up somewhere in PB.

They means an actual new player is here trying to play the game like the old players (int lord and stuffs), then getting destoryed because they dont have the resource that the old players have (bish/mage/hs..etc). It is really expected that you can't play the game like the old players do and to get away with it.

Sadly, such posts are getting less and less. I missed the weekly optional HP washing thread, the fked economy thread and whatever suggestions we had then. Becuase what is new players eh?

6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I’m really glad you have saved me from having to write this all myself lol

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    So what's stopping you?

I find this response to be a little ironic or telling that you haven't explored this server much yourself. Ludibrium has already been revamped a fair amount and has already been viable for solo AND party play. It's significantly better than whatever shit spawn was in vanilla GMS. The recent drop table rework also added a few new items for these spots to make them more economically viable. What else are you asking for, because to me it feels like you're preaching to a crowd that has heard every single complaint and angle regarding this topic for years. Even the whole elitist angle has been played out and nobody gives a shit about it. You're calling Fael an elitist, and you don't even know him.

Your suggestion about reworking ToT will fall on deaf ears because over the past year, ToT has been a major controversial point for multimage farming. It just got nerfed, so you asking to revamp the area for solo grind viability comes across as a joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    bro literally NO ONE SUGGESTED to create a mage and self leech or any mule for self buff to grind through these levels. not even a single comment about it.

9. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    What's stopping me?
    I'm already 4th job.

Spent most of it grinding at himes. Spent the last stretch to 120 forking 30 mil and go afk for like 5 hours.

So I'm past that stretch, and besides no one else even I knew brought up party training at ludibrim. Or FoT. And I still have another stretch.

My point about ToT is to make it not suited for mages, and more suited for attackers. For example buffing the oblivion mobs to have like 300k HP so mages can't 1 shot em. By the time players get to oblivion, I'm assuming they'll have decent enough damage to not be an Intlord.

How am I supposed to know about the history of ToT? I'm just of the opinion that you can nerf things for one class and make them more viable for others at the same time; whatever gets away from mage/leech meta without hurting the other classes. So I don't see what's unreasonable about my suggestion.

10. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    3:16 AM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    I'm still wondering what the suggestion is

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    So you played a boring and repetitive way without exploring much and then are complaining that things need to change without having figured out your own path. Do you think everything should be written down in detailed guides so that every new player can be handheld through their entire experience? Maybe other servers did that for you. MapleLegends doesn't, and that's probably at the fault of who exactly? When do new players get to start taking responsibility for leading themselves down the wrong path?

Nobody party grinds in 3rd job because most 3rd jobbers are hanging on ropes getting leeched -- not because leech is faster, but because their characters can't even kill mobs due to being 500+ INT mules. This is a different discussion, but feel free to look through past post histories about it.

I think we all agree that 3rd job could be more fun than it is right now - nobody disagrees with that point. However, making things easier is not the solution.

As for your ToT suggestion - have you seen shaolin? https://maplelegends.com/lib/map?id=702070300

People aren't disagreeing with your suggestions. They're disagreeing with your asshat know-it-all attitude despite your displays of misunderstanding how things work in Legends.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Welcome to 7 Floor!

13. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    What makes you think that there were no attempts at exploration and asking questions? Maybe the "lack of exploration" is due to the fact that hardly anyone if not no one ever talks about other things that can be done. What am I gonna, wander through Aqua Road alone when everyone knows Himes is supposed to be the fastest way to level?

As I said, if I, as a new player, didn't know ludibrim training is supposed to be viable, if I didn't know what the heck FoT is or whatever else, what does that say about 3rd job and the state of the game, and how viable other options are?

Like you said. Most people are afk 500 int mules leeching. Leechstory has an impact on the new player experience for those who aren't int mules. Doesn't make sense to blame the new player for not knowing about things never talked about. At this point we're just going in circles because the problems compound on themselves.

Don't really see what point you're making about guides or lackthereof. But if the most popular guide seems to be one about making a ton of mages to multifarm and using a nightlord to loot... well...

I took the path that is straightforward and is known by most people and probably most intuitive to new players. And no its not fun. And I know there's people who have ot worse than me.

If someone wants to suggest that nothing needs to be changed and people should just hunt monster cards and buy leech... what a ridiculous joke.

14. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    How come I see people buying leech at 7f? :mad:

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:16 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think you got the causality backwards. Maplestory was always like this, grinding in the original v62 version in these level ranges was always slow and painful, in fact it was even worse considering the map/mob buffs we have now. Leeching was a response to this relatively slow mode of normal progression which takes advantage of certain game mechanics to bypass otherwise tedious grinds, it is a response to a problem not the source of the problem.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I find that this is an issue with the scroll drops in general. I think that a lot of scrolls probably come from gachapon and most of the maps are bad just because the extremely low chance to get scrolls is offset by the low rate of kills and therefore low rate of gachapon tickets. I feel like buffing the rate of scroll drops across the board and lowering the rate of gacha tix would be preferable, though maybe only if all gacha-exclusive stuff is made available elsewhere.

17. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    You can have a grind and still have some variety in gameplay. OSRS is a good example of this IMO, yes they have grinding but they also have PvP, minigames, crafting, questing, etc. and a lot of different types of grinds. MS has only grinding, PQing, and bossing and certain parts of the game are extremely lacking in variety in terms of actually rewarding content.

• Like Like x 1