1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low GM Buff bugged when I dc in cash shop

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Cak33, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:36 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    What is supposed to happen?:
    Had 2 clients, one with GM buff, inside a cash shop, but another in FM, not in cash shop. The one with GM buff had dc-ed, but for some reason, the one in FM did not.

When I re-log, consuming speed pill, amoria baskets, and related buffs will not work. But at the same time, I do not have buffs that boost my accuracy, speed (my speed remained at 130% despite eating 2-3 speed pills) and etc.
    However, seems like HS remained persistent as hitting the silver monk has grant me 27k EXP as opposed to the usual 24-25k EXP.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    After I dc-ed from cash shop and re-logged, my very last amoria basket did not activate in shaolin 7F. However, I did train for about 3 minutes and noticed that my HS's EXP remained persistent.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Not sure if this will serve as a step-by-step guide as I've only occurred it once.

1. Get GM Buffs and Echo of Hero buff.
    2. Go to cash shop.
    3. Some how dc, re login.

Extra information (optional):
    While I did not record video evidence, I did a @GM at that time, on my character, NotCut3.
    Buff was given by Ducky, and I played about 30 min - 1 hour later.
    Using @ dispose still doesn't allow my speed pills/amoria basket to work. I must log out and back in to work.

2. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    9:36 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Something very similar happens when you DC in cash shop with HT buff which provides 30 atk. After you relog, ciders (which have 20 atk) and any other buff that gives 30 atk or below will not apply despite being consumed. One way around this is to use a buff that gives a bonus higher than the buff you dc'd with (eg. A heart stopper). After that, buffs should apply normally.

I guess the same effect happened to you with gm buffs.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    6:36 AM
    Did you disconnect to the client login screen or did you open up an entirely new client? When disconnecting with buffs it sometimes "lag/bugs" out and keeps the buffs on you (as if the login screen was cash shop) this also happened in GMS which caused the entire server to have an emergency maintenance that lasted a few hours (but it was a character buff not a GM buff) https://forums.maplestory.Neckson.net/discussion/25957/unscheduled-emergency-maintenance

(EDIT: oh forums changes it to Neckson lol)

4. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i opened up an entirely new client, the previous client was closed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    6:36 AM
    Huh.. okay yeah thats really strange.. hope this gets fixed this could easily get abused :/

6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    2:36 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Just stand afk somewhere for a while. The buffs are not showing, but they will expire.
    I had the issue with an ht buff as well, but using a higher atk potion cancelled that (as suggested before). This suggests that the buff simply didn't go away and thus expires eventually too.

Of course it shouldn't happen in the first place, but this way you can at least play normally again

Edit: I now read the last line of your thread, which said that you could just relog again. Oops

7. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i actually did loiter around the FM for awhile, grieving my lost of GM buffs for at least half and hour with some friends.
    But the HS buff still hasn't gone away

8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    9:36 AM
    DMsRebirth
    You can just relog again and the bugged buffs will also disappear.