1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Golden Temple Progress / Behind the scene work

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:38 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

For those waiting for Golden Temple, here's a progress update for you. Furthermore, I will provide a bit what needs to be done when we release content from other regions :)

List of things:
    - Implementing all the mobs, maps, bosses: 100%
    - Translating the NPC's: 100%
    - Translating the mobs: 100% (GMS names will be used for consistency)
    - Translating the quests: 19 quests translated out of 34

Additional work
    - Second eye over all the translations (In progress)
    - Balance discussions
    - Research / implementing drops
    - Additional coding (ex: the boss)
    - Final polish

What goes on when we implement content?

The list above is a basic understanding what all have to be done when we implement new content into MapleLegends. Some regions are bigger than other, some have more quests than other, or some have more scripts than other.

Obviously, translating is only necessary when we release content from other regions, vs content that came from actual GMS, such as Ulu City for example.

34 quests need to be translated!?!? how tedious is this?

Let me show you example of a quest in Golden Temple:

1) 呼呼不知為什麼,最近猴子們時常搗亂,比以前情況更嚴重了。

2) 但您最好還是要小心行事。這群壞猴子分為兩類,我想要教訓的是兇暴猴子和母猴子各50隻。如果可以處置牠們的話,我就可以採集那周圍的水果,但請您完成後回來跟我說一聲。我相信您可以將牠們打敗的!您要不要幫我的忙呢?

3) 呀,實在是太可惜了。我一直相信只有您有勇敢和這群猴子對抗…如果您改變心意的話,請回來幫我處置這些令人頭痛的猴子。

4) 如果是您的話,對付牠們綽綽有餘。那麼,我就在這邊等您的好消息了。

5) 您已經修理這些猴子了嗎?

6) 嗯~還剩下幾隻猴子需要教訓的?您還要多加油一點!您可以辦到的!

7) 您真的是太厲害了。我如果年輕十歲,也可以像您一樣趕走這些猴子。哼~!很好。這是我剛摘的芭樂,非常新鮮可口。

Available: 隆佘大叔看來有煩惱。我要去問問大叔發生了什麼事情。

Progress: 隆佘大叔說為了採集賣給客人的水果,時常要到森林裡去。但在這時,一群猴子出現不讓大叔進去並還攻擊他。因此,大叔非常的煩惱…為了讓大叔安心的進入森林,必須要處置這些猴子。\n\n#o9420007##r#a44011##k\n#o9420008##r#a44012##k

Complete: 您幫忙解決了隆佘大叔的煩惱。

Quest name: 令人頭痛的小猴子

Yes. This is one quest. Now imagine doing this 34 more times, where some are even longer than other. On top of that, NPC's need to be translated, NPC dialogue need to be translated, items need be translated, item descriptions need be translated, map names need be translated, and more.

Sure adding new maps is easy, but translating all the non-GMS regions we have done over the years is much more work than possibly realized by people.

This topic is meant to be a progress update, but its also an appreciation post for all the translators we had over the course of the years helping make the non-gms regions becoming a reality in MapleLegends

A shoutout to SiaoSiao NoodsNoods ProTatoProTato NiseNise ShinoharaShinohara and translators I may forgot for helping us out making it all happen the past years. I hope this thread help make people understand more how much work was done to implement Building101, Ximending, Night Market, Golden Temple, and more into MapleLegends. If you enjoy the content, let them know directly! I am pretty sure they will like it :)

Lastly, if you believe you can help translating future content for our server, please let us know by making an application. The more helping hands we get regarding this, the more smooth it gets, and the less stressful it is for our translators.

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    2:38 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Edit- bold first paragraph for the detectives among us.
    (Not word for word, would only be similar) ex. you won't be repairing or oiling the monkeys XD

1) I don’t know why, the monkeys have been messing up recently, which is more serious than before.

2) But you'd better be careful. This group of bad monkeys is divided into two categories. I want to teach 50 violent monkeys and mother monkeys. If you can dispose of them, I can collect the fruits around them, but please come back and tell me when you are done. I believe you can beat them! Would you like to help me?

3) It is a pity. I have always believed that only you have the courage to confront this group of monkeys... If you change your mind, please come back and help me deal with these headache monkeys.

4) If it is you, it is more than enough to deal with them. Well, I am here to wait for your good news.

5) Have you repaired these monkeys yet?

6) Hmm~ How many monkeys are still missing? You have to add more oil! You can do it!

7) You are really amazing. If I am ten years younger, I can drive away these monkeys just like you. Oh~! well. This is the guava I just picked, very fresh and delicious.

Available: Uncle Long seems to have troubles. I am going to ask the uncle what happened. Progress: Uncle Long said that in order to collect the fruits sold to the guests, they often go to the forest. But at this time, a group of monkeys appeared to prevent the uncle from entering and attacking him. Therefore, Uncle is very troubled... In order to let the uncle enter the forest with peace of mind, these monkeys must be disposed of.

Complete: You helped solve the troubles of Uncle Long.

Quest name: Little monkey with headache

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  3. Bonkorn

Bonkorn Timer

Dec 16, 2017
    2:38 PM
    Bonkorn, Iclyn, Magicorn
    Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop
    Promise
    I'm chinese and found this dude used google translate
    for
    I laughed so hard that it translated “加油“ as "add oil" instead of other meanings:
    What can it be:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:38 AM
    Moderator Post
    I think it's better to leave the translation to us or those that applied :p

This is what we currently have for 6) that multiple people mentioned