1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Gr2D error - AMD issue

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Combaticus, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Combaticus

Combaticus Blue Snail

Sep 22, 2022
    1:21 AM
    Beginner
    I recently switched from Nvidia to an AMD gpu and suddenly have encountered the Gr2D error while trying to play in 1366x768 resolution. when I used my Nvidia card with current drivers, I ran it at 1366x768@100hz, was totally fine with zero issues. After the switch to AMD, no dice... doesn't work at 1366x768 and I get the Gr2D error... runs fine at lower resolutions, just looks small and horrible since I have an ultrawide monitor...

I've tried other refresh rates (100, 60, 50), I've created custom resolutions with custom refresh rates through the AMD software, nothing. Virtual super resolution did nothing. I've tried other AMD drivers, turned my computer off and on, checked my monitors settings, even an impact calibration...

Any ideas or are some AMD users just kinda screwed?

2. Krestofa

Krestofa Snail

Dec 27, 2022
    Male
    3:21 PM
    Beginner
    I'm having the same issues

3. OP
    OP
    Combaticus

Combaticus Blue Snail

Sep 22, 2022
    1:21 AM
    Beginner
    Sorry to hear that, I go zero help on the forum(s) and chewed out on discord over my frustration from their lack of help.

Best advice I have, if you have AMD Adrenalin, enable Radeon Super Resolution and go full screen while using the HD1 resolution setting (the 800x600). It wont be wide but it will look like hd2 in full screen, just with bigger black bars.

Can't really expect a lot of help from tech support for a free game lol

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:21 AM
    Moderator Post
    There's a difference between "lack of help" and people just not knowing why your issue happens, which is usually more the case. Myself included.

• Agree Agree x 2