1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Grendel The Really Old 700exp

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by mouse123, Apr 19, 2017.

1. mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    4:03 AM
    Dark Knight
    Is there a way to remove this? How does it make any sense that, through the entire beginning of the game, there is so much push to the knowledge that you become a mage at level 8, and when you reach level 8 and talk to him, he levels you with the 700exp that he randomly gives you, and you miss out on skill points because you're now level 9

It's... stupid

ETA: My friend said it gave him 4 skill points... but why do I only have 1?

2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    12:03 PM
    He gives you that EXP because you deliver a quest to him that rewards that amount of EXP. You have the option to first advance and then deliver the quest. Also you don't lose any skill points by over-levelling in MapleLegends.

I agree with that the amount of EXP can be lowered to prevent this from happening more often, as it is a common mistake people make.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Dark Knight
    I just restarted, it now says 4 skill points :confused:

4. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    6:03 AM
    Slave
    I dunno, I tend to think that people should read what they click... or at least think before they act

5. OP
    OP
    mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Dark Knight
    You don't have to be a dick lmao, Maplestory isn't exactly famous for its thrilling tales during quests. They're boring and don't interest me, I like interacting with people more. So I don't waste time reading, I skim

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The quests are good anyway. Level up to level 10 or 11 before turning mage, it doesn't matter, but you will have gotten tons of pots and exp easy, so you won't have to go to the FM and beg.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    6:03 AM
    Slave
    Do you not look at lightbulbs that signify that something is a quest? And if you have issues with me being upfront or rude, that's quite fine--I don't have to be soft to make you feel comfortable. I just wanted to say my piece.

Oh yeah, I understand that it doesn't always have something interesting to read in terms of story content (though that's debatable depending on who you ask).

But this isn't even reading the content of the story or quest, it's understanding that there's a lightbulb next to one option and not the other. Each option also doesn't reveal that much content, btw; if you have that adventurer quest active, the only 2 options at the point would just be the lightbulb with the quest name and the other saying something like "Do you want to know more about being a Magician," or something along those lines.

8. OP
    OP
    mouse123

mouse123 Mushmom

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Dark Knight
    I'm over it lol