1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] How to Farm millions of NX: Damp Forest

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Vowels, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    6:13 PM
    I've also been using a similar setup to farm the event. Except I'm a very casual player so I only did my daily 50 party points in damp forest with 4-5 chars (1 warrior with stance, 1 bowman with full avoid gear on top/mid platforms + 2-3 mages at the btm) and went off for about 1/2 or 2/3 of the event (and didn't do any points for the other days of the event).
    Takes about 20-25 mins to finish 4-5 chars x 50 points depending on RNG, didn't pay attention to NX or gacha drops.

I'm of the opinion that AP resets should continue to be uncapped for people who want to put in the time & effort to reduce the waiting time for washing their chars (even though I'm not one of them, I hardly farmed any AP resets during the last two christmas' uncapped AP reset events --- farming is unbearable for me and I'd rather just wait for NX to come in from voting), albeit with staff adjusting point rates to what they feel is balanced.

Personally I think the daily 50 party points bonus is already a great way to let casuals who don't have the time or grit to put in so much work farming for points get involved in the event and making progress on their chars, while also letting individual players who have the time and want to grind really hard continue to farm for their points without anymore additional bonuses for the rest of the day. If staff decides to decrease point rates in future events to increase the difficulty of completing extremely washed chars in one go (which is fair since heavily washed ranged chars are kind of broken), I'll like to suggest increasing the daily party points bonus from 50 -> 100 so that the normal casual players don't get griefed (although item/raffle exchange rates may have to be adjusted accordingly).

Decided to speak up on the issue as I feel casual players are kinda underrepresented on the forums.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:13 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I forgot to mention all the nx is concentrated on one character - to the extent where there wasn't enough inventory space from points alone

3. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Interesting thread, I for one think capping APR from events is a good way to go for both an aging server and players. Firstly, I feel that the all year round NX drop from mobs are already a big benefit towards washing as compared to 2017, where the only means to attain NX were from PQs and APR from event (uncapped). With already an all year round NX drop from mobs (buffed to 750, 500 cap), having an Uncapped APR from event with party bonus would mean a double buff.

4. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    7:13 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    This looks pretty unfair to players who missed the event, that was insane numbers

5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:13 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Can't you put stance and booster on a macro? Even if you only have 3.3 out of 5 minute uptime on booster it's still a (possible) improvement.

Also, in your opinion, how much time one would need to make use of this setup for the returns to surpass the investment of making 3-4 DrKs specifically for this purpose?

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:13 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    There will be new events :^)

• Like Like x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:13 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    RegalStarRegalStar there was an event where booster lowered drop rates, so probably best to just avoid using it. Its also less hassle.

8. OP
    OP
    Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    Yes that could be a macro, killing speed does help with drop rate but I think this is more true for characters that are moving, stationary characters at maximum speed will find themselves hitting air and reaching attack limit often and that requires repositioning, remember that there's only a limited number of monster per platform that re-spawn every 10 seconds. I think no booster is comfortable enough, keeps the rebuff at 5 minutes and the speed at the right pace to hit monsters constantly.

I bought leech for my DrKs, here's a rough estimate of costs:
    20 - 105 leech is about 110m
    105 -130 leech is about 180m (at 1 meso:3.8 exp)

290m x 4 = 1,160m investment, which can be less buying packages for all at once.

[​IMG]

I'd value one reset at 11m. For 1,160m investment you'd need to farm 106 resets which is 26.3 hours of farming at 4 resets/hour, anything over that surpasses the setup investment and I'm not even including gach drops, so one event with unlimited resets and enough commitment is enough to make it more than worth it.

The setup is very comfortable but as others have said other characters can achieve the same purpose as well like pallys, heros, shadower and it's even doable with archers and mages, it's just gonna depend on how much QoL for doing this the farmer wants.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    [​IMG]

Didn't have time data before 1/5 for ST (@ time)

• Like Like x 1
  10. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Does this method work to still get a good amount of Vote Cash per hour normally when there's no event? Would it still be worth it?

Also... would it still be necessary to HP Wash the 4 DKs, or doesnt matter since its low level spots?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    I'd assume this still works in terms of getting vote cash (monsters still drop NX cards) and you would not need to HP wash the DKs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:13 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Downside though is because FMA skills are drop-nerfed, it might be a tad slower but something is better than nothing.

13. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    You’re using Power Strike and Final Attack, it’s not FMA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    I read that as full map attacks. Do we actually have evidence that those really so reduce drop rates?

15. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Not that I know of... although from playing around with my Islander, I was able to get huge stacks of gacha + vote cash just from single target/1hit, type of attacks.

For the most part, I'm guessing that it's all RNG anyways.

16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:13 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I vaguely recall it once being confirmed for event related items. Additionally, there seems to be tons of anecdotal evidence that suggests singletarget can keep up with full map attacks in terms of e.g. gach/nx

17. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    if you want alot of nx just multimage, you can get a insane amount of money together, and even this can be used to buy more nx, with 4 mages i get around 2~3.5k per hour

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    i see that you have 170 avoid.... i was wondering, what your equips are thats needed to reach such high avoid?

also whats your stats? did you need to pump LUK at all?

is LUK good to have? or is it better to pump 30DEX, and rest into STR like a basic build so that itd be possible to use the Quad DKs to cheaply farm scrolls on other maps?

19. benrone

benrone Mano

Oct 15, 2022
    Male
    Brazil
    Padrinho
    Bishop
    SURRA
    how should a new player farm as better as possible until new event? this method still meta? theres a “baby level” to optimize this for new players with the new upcoming events? btw, great guide/work!!!

20. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    For a new player with only 1 character, the simple solution is to just kill monsters on whatever map has high spawn that you can 1 hit, and then to loot the nx tickets that drop on your sweeper character (account that needs nx).

If you need nx on the character you are playing, then its even simpler, you just kill monsters and loot nx.

The problems with the above solutions is that they don't give enough nx per hour, so if you want to see higher gains you would have to gravitate towards the multiclienting in this guide.

• Like Like x 1