1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior [Guide] Nisse's Hybrid Paladin Guide! (Updated)

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Nise, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    12:20 PM
    Nier/EviHs
    maybe its like the doll house in ludibrium

if there are multiple shields that look the same than 1 of them must be a tiny bit diffrent from the rest.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:20 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I feel you LOL I just kept trying until it worked... it's pretty tilting to get kicked out everytime but eventually you'll get it.

I tried asking around for a trick but I didn't have any luck so just gotta keep trying man

• Like Like x 1
  3. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    6:20 PM
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    The way he described it is more like stage 1 of the zakum prequest. The boxes and rocks all looked the same to me there.

4. Ciffy

Ciffy King Slime

Oct 22, 2017
    Male
    6:20 AM
    Ciffy
    Paladin
    ImaWhaleOroO
    Yeah, they're all the same. It's just dumb luck as far as I can tell. I got the shield tho and finished the quest! Yay me. :)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. sushinoob

sushinoob Mano

May 27, 2017
    Hey guys! One question related to Pallys in HT. Sometimes PTs get pallys to go in as the seduce mule, which is beneficial if we have high levels of Threaten (to reduce damage from HT).

Does anyone recommend maxing Threaten?

6. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:20 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    That difference is so minimal that I don’t think it’s worth it. Since you don’t know when seduce will happen that means you gotta threaten at all times, but I’d rather just use blast one more time in that animation time for more dmg.

The reason pallies are considered for sed mule is because you want a warrior with high HP as sed mule (or a shad but they’re rare). DKs shouldn’t be sed mules cus they would be Zerking, thereby lowering their actual HP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. idan

idan Red Snail

Mar 31, 2017
    Male
    1:20 PM
    wifi
    Crossbowman
    good guide
    open pally :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tenyn

Tenyn Pink Teddy

May 8, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    8:20 PM
    applejam
    Corsair
    Hogwarts
    around lvls 35-45 maces are very lackluster when compared to swords. the lv40 purple tube has an avg att of 55, while the lv38 flaming katana has an avg att of 65, while also giving 17 speed. the lv40 glowing whip (1h sword) has an avg of 70att whilst giving 15 speed.
    I would recommend sword mastery and booster first and then switching to maces on later levels, cause the lv40 equivalents have a whopping 15 att difference.

9. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Save your self from this job

Even super funded pally cannot defeat mid funded drk or hero

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Amen.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the near 100k dmg at scar with SE

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    12:20 PM
    By all means ignore this class if all you care about is doing the best damage with warriors with w/e funding you have.

Probably wasn't meant to be taken this seriously,
    but please safe yourself from a very big mistake most maplers make at the start of their adventure..
    Pick something you think you'll ENJOY playing, whether it has to do with cool skill animations or mobility etc.

I mean dammit if you wanna be a special snowflake and play an Axe only using warrior, you do you SlimeGrin!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Yeah, this warrior class is g a r b a g e if what you're looking for is real damage. Pretty sure the only boss we really win at is Bigfoot and Pianus... unless there's another fire-weak boss that matters that I can't remember.

On another note: if you want to be a real special snowflake, you have to go dagger warrior.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Paladins are frontline choices for Scarlion runs because of their Fire-weakness, and to an extent the black crow (lightning weak). Our Heaven's hammer is super useful at complementing Gene at Zak's arms because Legends damage cap is bumped to 199,999, instead of the v62 99,999 cap.

Then again because of the bump of fire charge from 125% to 175% damage, the dpm is not much lower than Heros at ele neutral mobs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    hh buffed to 10seconds coldown ok lets buff the hero to 500% damage from his adv orbs

175% every element let’s make the drk zerking with 400% damage instead of 200 and with full hp tho

I’d say debuff the pally cuz it’s v62 not v190,pally=a lot defense and weak
    But cool skills and can switch

Drk=the stronger warrior but slow with lot of hp and mid defence and with tons of acc at 4th

Hero=Weaker den the drk but he’s faster so that his advantage (he deal more Dps cuz he’s fast not stronger)

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  16. boost3r

boost3r Slime

Apr 13, 2015
    3:20 AM
    Paladin
    Sup Nise, thanks for making this great guide man. Just wanted to add that the Temple of Time is a great place to grind. The RoR maps have mobs elementally weak to fire who give some juicy exp :)

17. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Scarlion isn't really an essential boss; the EXP is not great. Sure, a better helm than Zhelms, but only by a little - definitely still worth getting, but not a boss that's worth mentioning like Pianus (for Hero's Will) or BF (for exp).

BF is for sure, 100%, a Paladin victory; but even then, it's not like I think it's that great a disparity in terms of time consumption (eventually, it shouldn't take that many minutes for any warrior class is what I mean). It definitely matters more in the lower levels than the higher ones. But part of the issue with this imo is the inability to KS people due to mapowner. Lack of KSing kind of makes it a moot point in the later stages of the game imo; sure you will clear faster, but I don't know how advantageous that is or how many people [currently] camp BFs.

Black Crow/Tengu is definitely one to talk about, but 150% isn't really going to cut it in comparison to ACA + Brandish or Zerk + Crusher. Lightning charge does win versus heroes on Black Crow/Tengu, but only barely so - still, a victory I suppose. Except for the fact I would prefer Brandish as it allows me to cut the Hime population down easily while still dealing damage to the boss.

We're still worse than both DrK and Hero in party/raid bossing -- that's also because in part due to the fact that Blast is a 1-hit skill, and Brandish and Crusher have multiple hits because we can see that if there is SE, the number of possible crits goes up way higher for the other two classes.

We lose heavily to any class with decent cleave damage; HH is pretty good, yeah, but it has a 10s cd to hit all the arms, whereas a hero can probably gut one side of the arms way faster and then move onto the next set. Even with HH being 200k damage to all arms, that's like 1.2m every 10s - pretty good, without a doubt. But if you just look at how much damage Brandish and Crusher can dish out every cast, you can see that either one will probably white at least one set of arms versus a Paladin.

Haven't really done the numbers, but HH isn't good enough to warrant Paladins being a "strong" class in comparison to the other warriors; we do now have the advantage in the best option for leveling, BF, but we are by no means actually good damage on a neutral scale.

These are some numbers that came up last year when I was talking to someone privately on Discord.
    *These are % damage numbers

Heroes (Brandish/3v3 or 1v1)
    ACA (on top of Combo Att) is 250%
    Brandish is 260*2 over 3 mobs
    If heroes do 1300 (2.5*5.2) over three mobs on any neutral situation, 3900% dmg when mobbing on any given scenario

Paladins (Blast/ 1v1):
    *Blast: 600%
    Fire-weak: 1575
    Lightning-weak: 1350
    Holy-weak: 1260
    Ice-weak: 1125

ACB (Presume 6 mobs hit)
    *ACB: 350%
    Fire-weak: 5512.5
    dmg Lightning-weak: 4725
    Holy-weak: 4410
    Ice-Weak: 3937.5

*If you remove the elemental weakness/bonuses, you have to divide by 1.5 so you can see that neutral bosses cripple Paladins. Even worse, against bosses that are entirely elementally resistant, you can only spam HH or use neutral Blast.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. spruce

spruce Slime

May 14, 2018
    Male
    10:20 AM
    I/L Mage
    This guide inspired me to install MapleLegends and create a hybrid pally. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tenyn

Tenyn Pink Teddy

May 8, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    8:20 PM
    applejam
    Corsair
    Hogwarts
    For warriors I recommend you to go to kid mannequins at 70, and ditch windraiders altogether. The kid mannequins auto aggro and with 2 platforms and faster spawn rates, the exp is very fast. Kid mannequins have half the hp of windraiders but only 100 less exp. Grinding here at level 70 gave me 4m eph. However, even with a zhelm and power guard they do 900 touch damage, so be careful! I've died quite a few times due to them hitting so hard (~8times)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Also remember to bring some sniper pills or any acc boosters/gears because they have a much higher avoid (37!) than monsters at their level.