1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior [Guide] Nisse's Hybrid Paladin Guide! (Updated)

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Nise, Nov 28, 2017.

1. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    1:02 AM
    Crusader
    Do the other mannequins give good exp as well? Or are kid mannequins strictly superior in that aspect?

I’m not a pally, but I’m getting bored of training my lvl 85 crusader and I might wanna pop by at Taiwan for a change in environment.

I can muster enough Dex to wield an Angelic Betrayal OnionMuha

2. Tenyn

Tenyn Pink Teddy

May 8, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    3:02 AM
    applejam
    Corsair
    Hogwarts
    Im sure Female mannequins are better later, as I heard from a friend the exp + spawn is better. my friend was a lv86 dragon knight and that was where he was grinding.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    7:02 PM
    Nier/EviHs
    but they have magic attack right?
    so they might deal a little bit more damage and dont stack up sooo well :eek:

4. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    The best way to avoid magic attacks is to hug the mobs like some vengeful spirit FoxGhost Power Guard makes it less painful too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Woah, I tried out Road to Oblivion 4 for a change of pace and I think they're secretly weak to lightning! If a mage duos at this map (bishop, maybe? or IL mage with mule in fm) we might see competitive epm to crims!

Mages please PM me test to confirm this!

6. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    I bet the main reason kid mannequins are recommended over others is the drops, such as earring INT 10, Wand ma 60 and green pirate skirt. The other two are still good for mass farming power elixirs (4k a pop in fm). The boost in exp from the other mobs is too miniscule to notice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ideoshi

Ideoshi Snail

Aug 22, 2017
    Male
    1:02 PM
    Ideoshi
    Beginner
    Not sure if people still check this guide or not, but with the new Threaten buffs, is it worth maxing it out now?

8. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Not really imo, since your damage is more dependent on your weapon attack and level difference with the monster than their defence.

9. FineDining

FineDining Blue Snail

Nov 13, 2018
    1:02 PM
    FineDining
    Warrior
    In first job, how do you get 6 in iron body? Don't you need 3 in endure first since that's a requirement?

10. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    12:02 AM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Excuse me. How about now? Have magic crash worked on boss yet?

11. Shadowazz

Shadowazz Blue Snail

Jul 7, 2019
    Male
    8:02 PM
    Magician
    Hey, great guide!
    So I didn't really understand the ap distribution on the low dex build?
    can you explain more in detail to a newbie? :)

12. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:02 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Heya thanks a lot for the kind words ^^

Just add up to 30 or 40 dex. So usually most people would do like +3 str and +2 dex upon leveling up until they hit 30-40 dex. Afterwards, they add it all to STR. Or to HP so they do what we call 'blood washing' but that's a whole other tangent.

If you want more strength faster, you can do +4 str and +1 dex. But then your accuracy suffers... unless you have like accuracy or dex gears.

After you cap out your dex at 30-40. You want to get as much dex stats onto your equipments. +12 dex earring, zakum/scar helm, branch nose, etc etc. Until your total can reach 120 dex.

Hope that helps out ^^

Note btw: a lot of content has been added since this guide was made, so there are easier ways to get crushed skulls and the option to also get a flairgrave/speargrave as another blunt weapon. However, those are like the new crushed skulls and are an absolute pain to get LOL But these are all end-game stuff. For now, the low-dex build is still relevant if you're just starting out :)

13. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Now'd you mentioned the flairgrave/speargrave, it's a good time to compare their dps to crushed skulls because both 1h bw and swords have fast(4) speeds, but have dex requirements of 125.

14. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    Hellu, I've been inactive for a minute and because I'm kinda rusty when it comes to maple in general I thought about starting a blank page (heh).
    Anyways, I just hit 2nd job and was wondering if this guide still works SP build wise.. I know there's some new training locations now but I just wanna make sure I don't mess up my build since it's my first time trying the old page path :)

15. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    2nd job is pretty much the same even with the threaten buff (only buffed the weapon defence decrease, still useless imo since they didn't change anything about the monster wa debuff)

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    Okay good to know, thanks for the reply! ^^

17. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:02 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    The guide has finally been updated! As of may 2020!

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  18. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    12:02 PM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    I'd be curious to hear your reasoning on putting Thunder Charge for BW over Lightning Charge for Sword in the Hybrid build. With bosses at NT being weak to lightning, wouldn't it make more sense to have all three charges for sword?

19. Elliot Tan

Elliot Tan Blue Snail

Apr 15, 2020
    Male
    LordElias
    Warrior
    Hey, just wanna thank you for this guide as I've started my maplelegends journey as a paladin the last two months, currently 114 and looking forward to 4th job!

just wanted to share the EPH i've observed at some of the training areas listed, so that people can make a better decision of where they wanna train!

[note: listed EPHs are with the current 2.4x event bonus]
    vikerolas (9-10M): my personal fav, simple map, fire-weak, good spawn and decent eq money drops. OA ints 10%s also!

grim phantom watches (10-12M): simple map (last two lanes), fire-weak, drops are meh. earn alot more at viks although it is a tad faster here.

blue wyverns (8M): just dont... small map and fire weak, but very little spawn so im rarely mobbing 6 monsters

gallos (7-9M): honestly vikerolas are much better. gallos are not fire-weak and the map layout is really annoying. really dont recommend this place.

himes (solo: 10-12M, with priest partner: 14-20M): completely flat, 1 lane map, but not weak to fire. really good exp if you can find a priest to share with!

just a reminder that these numbers are with the 2.4x event on! do your own calcs to get the 2x eph!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Yo, I'll resurrect this thread again. Holy/Divine Charge has been buffed to the new strongest charge overtaking fire (185% > 175%) so it's a new consideration in priority.
    I think a good skill to swap out is Achilles, if you want to prioritise either more defence or more damage.

• Agree Agree x 2