1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Guide to Dark Knight.

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Losj, Jul 15, 2015.

1. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    12:44 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    rip... so at lvl 30 what hp is it? 40? 45?

2. OP
    OP
    Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    11:44 AM
    Dark Knight
    Project
    1% per lv you add so 45

3. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Lvl 30 though Kappa

4. OP
    OP
    Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    Added Videos to:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    ;D

6. BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    Why max Crusher first? seeing as you at level 75 a DK heads to wolf spiders, and then himes, those maps are well more suited for fury and so using buster/crusher in them just makes leveling a lot slower.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  7. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    3:44 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Because he didn't write a hybrid portion of this guide. It's purely spear. Spear fury is only good for luring the spiders and himes then using crusher to kill them so he wrote to Max crusher instead. I was considering writing a hybrid guide but I don't think there's enough demand for it so.

8. BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    That typo lol. I mean why max crusher first instead of fury.
    I asked that eventho it's a spear only build. Having been hybrid, at level 90 with both pole arm fury and spear crusher maxed, pole arm fury was way better. Being a hybrid means you get from 70-120 like TWICE as fast(unless you're leeching your DK in which point it doesn't matter). Optimally you'd be hybrid up to 4th job and then reset PA fury to spear fury. Let me know what you think.

9. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    That's exactly what I'm saying. That's what I did for all of third job lol. I'm just telling you he didn't care about hybrid and whether or not it was faster, he wrote it from a spear only viewpoint. He drops pole arm fury in order to have dragons blood and some extra in sacrifice I guess. Both of which I find to be useless with sacrifice being okay occasionally for getting into berserk range. Any DK that asks me for advice I always recommend going pole arm fury instead of spear crusher. Dragons blood is made useless from warrior elixirs since it doesn't stack with Hex of the Beholder att buff. Which you don't add for that reason. So I have max spear and pole arm fury both. Just don't have dragons blood is all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    That's what I thought. Except the spear fury instead of dragon's blood part, didn't think about that. Thanks.

11. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    5:44 PM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    Guide to Drk: Max Hb

• Like Like x 2
  12. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    5:44 AM
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    So, what do you have for 3rd job skills?
    (Order doesn't matter)

30 Spear Buster
    30 Spear Fury
    30 Polearm Fury
    30 Dragon Roar
    20 Elemental Resistance
    11 Sacrifice

?

13. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Yep, that's exactly what I have. I can utilize both whenever I want. I mainly just use pole arm for farming items but I used to use it for grinding until I was ~125.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Guide to darkknight: hold down hb - DulceDulce

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    Is 11 pts of Sacrifice enough to trigger berzerk with dragon roar when you are full hp?

16. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Two roars is plenty too. It depends on if you have level 20 or 30 berserk though. With berserk 30 it's not enough, so probably not with 20 either. Sacrifice is only useful when you're just barely over the range. Otherwise roar is more efficient.
    Also your HP affects it. If you have high hp, it's less likely to get in range with sacrifice since the damage to you take is based on your damage and not hp. I've always found sacrifice to be a circumstantial skill rather than a crucial one.
    Sorry if it doesn't make sense the way I wrote it. I was trying to remember it all while grocery shopping.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    Why is using a hybrid twice as fast to train with from lvl 70-120. Also MapleBentoMapleBento for spearman, should you max pole arm mastery and booster and just leave Iron Will at level 11? (PS you should def write a hybrid guide :D)

18. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    so im not understanding youre conversation

(isnt spear better than polearm, for endgame?)

so are you guys saying that maxing polearm crusher will help level faster?
    but ideally, at endgame, you want to max fury spear and spear crusher? <--- or no to this?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  19. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Alright, maybe I'll write a Hybrid DK guide then. The reason PA is faster leveling for, really, 30-120, is because from levels 30-70 (before you have crusher for 100% stab attack and fury for 100% slash) you're statistically more likely to slash than you are to stab, with the ratio being 3:2 slash:stab. That means if you're using a pole arm that you'll do more damage more often and thus kill faster netting you more exp.

For 70-120, its a little different since your skills can decide if you slash or stab. I say to skip out on max sacrifice and dragons blood (since you can buy warrior elixirs anyway) because you can mob more monsters using Fury and if you use Pole Arm Fury then you'll be doing the most effective damage (since you get the pole arm slash damage bonus). While crusher hits 3 times on 3 mobs, the animation is slow and so are all the spears except for Sky Ski. Pole Arm Fury animation, however, is lightning quick and thanks to summer event you have access to the amazing item: Purple Surfboard. Even without this item I argue that PA Fury is faster for 3rd job, and it is, but especially with this item. The high att stat + fast attacking speed, with an already fast animation, is awesome for mobbing at flat maps like Himes and Galloperas, which are your primary grind spots for 90-120. Or 105/108 if you plan to leech. It's also awesome for Wolf Spiders for 72-90 since the platforms are hills that go downwards and let you just mob to your heart's content.

For second job, referring to Iron Will AGGreyAGGrey , I actually maxed HP recovery and then dumped the rest into Iron Will because I never use that skill anyway. Figured I'd just put it into a passive skill rather than waste it on a pointless active skill.

Back to end game content. Spear Fury is still added for extra mobbing and low-HP killing potential just as Losjington pointed out. Sacrifice can still serve it's purpose when you need it and Blood is optional to begin with so I don't see why not.Most people get stuck in 2nd-3rd job range so speeding it up really lowers the level of agony you feel in those levels. Pure spear is fine if you go that route but I'll always argue that Hybrid comes out on top.

(Also, Spear Crusher is 100% maxed and add 0 to Pole Arm Crusher. In case that wasn't clear).

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    MapleBentoMapleBento Write that guide and I'll forever be grateful XD