1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Halloween 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    10:38 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    But seriously nice changes, im actually very impressed of this result. i can just say for once that finally something nice happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    7:38 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    As one of the people who was very outspoken about the HH nerf and what it meant for the Paladin class I actually have to disagree with you. *Assuming the HH animation is quick now (Nise's words are "significantly quicker" so it should be) I think Paladin is in a good spot.

The main problem with the original HH nerf was it made Paladins the worst class at HT. A damage buff and a free (once again depends on HH speed but I assume close to free) 150-300k dmg every HH cooldown is significant. It's enough of a buff that Paladins will likely be close to as useful as Heroes at HT(even if Heroes are still a bit better that's OK considering Paladins have other strengths). Paladins still aren't the greatest in CWK (especially during the early levels) but it's really not as bad as most people think.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    4:38 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Whoever outspoken and doomed Paladins, you were too quick to forget HH still works fine on mobs (and it just got buffed rn!) plus has very high single target damage.
    Each class has its pros and cons just make an array of bossing characters for every occasion Kekw (Your Paladin bosser will be ready relatively fast!)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    6:38 AM
    I'd get denied by guildmates even before the initial nerf as far as getting into cwk, even buy guildmates. As far as anything else cwk, this doesn't buff their damage in cwk since even if the hammer is the same speed as acb, it's easy to outpace it's damage. As far as HT, the jury is out and it'll depend on the hammer speed, but I have a feeling most lower leveled palis are still completely ineffective since A) they don't have the extra SP for the HC, or B) they have to stop / not invest in utility skills such as power stance, which will reduce their DPM FAR MORE than 5.7%.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    wtf shads actually got buffs, i’m shook since they’re op class now, paladin buffs and bucc buffs are swole tbh very nice. archer buffs are kinda useless?? but it’s whatever since it’s not like archers (well bms) are bad. I still feel like corsairs deserve a lil something that’s not a direct damage buff like some avoid or something but overall good patch nothing to complain about imo

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. sushinoob

sushinoob Mano

May 27, 2017
    9:38 PM
    Looking forward to test out the shorter HH animation and holy charge! Thanks balance team for the post.

7. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    MeatSlam
    Page
    I personally never had too much difficulty finding a CWK group leveling up. I think the problem more lies in people's perspectives then the actual effectiveness of the class. The only situation Pallys are noticeably worse in CWK are 5-6 man runs (which I can say from experience are still doable on Paladins).

You don't even get exp from HT until 155 at which point you should definitely have power stance maxed. You might not be able to max Holy Charge until a tiny bit later but that's perfectly fine as there are several of other classes that can't immediately be amazing at HT at 155.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Have you tried looking for a new guild?

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Could you do the math on how you finish Blast, ACB, HH, HC, AND Stance by 155? literally noone is going to go off meta of maxing attack skills first. I suggested potentially putting 6 points in stance on my hero to make zakking easier at 135 and every single time people told me WTF or suggested I was committing some form of sin against their personal belief system (obvious exaderation, but not by much)

10. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    MeatSlam
    Page
    My post clearly states you won't be able to max HC by 155 but that's ok because lots of other classes also don't reach their full effectiveness until 16x.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Palis don't reach full effectiveness until 170, or 180 with gaurdian as of now.

12. MIGHTYshoni

MIGHTYshoni Slime

Mar 26, 2020
    Male
    9:38 PM
    Shonii
    Marksman
    Pacifists
    To clarify on Blind, is the 10% referring to the success rate or decreasing the accuracy of bosses by 10%?

I'm assuming that this is Blind 30, maxed. (I foresee that many existing MMs would have to consider spending SP resets to take full advantage of this utility buff)

Finally, creating this indirect synergy between buccs and corsairs is brilliant. Proves that it doesn't have to be a numbers game (decreasing % figures, reworking formulas etc) all the time!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    9:38 AM
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    Great changes across the board. Adding a little more utility to the lower damage classes is a very welcome way to tune them. Keep it up team

14. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    MeatSlam
    Page
    They reach their full damage effectiveness (which is what's important for bossing, it's already very hard to die as a paladin considering how easy they are to wash) by 16x. Guardian is a very small DPM increase but nothing too crazy or important.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:38 PM
    Your effectiveness as a pally in a comp has nothing to do with whether you have achilles or not so saying you need to be 170 or 180 to reach full effectiveness is wrong. You will be outputting the max damage you can after blast, hh, acb, stance and hc is maxed which is at around 160. I wouldn't even recommend HTing at 155 because of the damage reduction. And in fact any attacker running HT at 155 is just getting hard carried anyway, regardless of class.

You talk as if the 1% buff that ice charge gives over holy charge on ice weak monsters is nothing when you see players out there selling their livers to upgrade their capes from 13-14wa or some shit for that marginal increase in damage as well. A 1% damage increase is still huge and people will still use ice charge over holy charge on ice weak bosses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. jefa

jefa Slime

Nov 4, 2019
    Male
    10:38 PM
    jafa
    Magician
    Wow nice patch

Im ready to use holy charge

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    9:38 AM
    iPippy
    You guys max all your relevant skills before 200? :confused:

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Believe it or not, not everyone had 15.5k nx to wash every single level, and as such, will have to rely on skills like acchilies for bosses like verga

19. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    MeatSlam
    Page
    That's on you my friend. I solo leveled my Paladin as my only character and was easily able to get enough NX by 160 to wash a respectable amount (events make it even easier). Ranged classes are 10x harder to wash then warriors we already have it very easy in comparison.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:38 PM
    You don't really need 15.5k nx per level to have sufficient hp to do verga but if achilles is somehow the decisive factor that determines whether or not Verga 1 shots you then ok. You can still verga without achilles, just use a few more pots or stuff but it doesn't mean you're not as 'effective' on verga. You're still doing the same dmg on first and 2nd body, and third body you're stronger cause you now have holy charge.

• Agree Agree x 2