1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Halloween Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legends1654, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Legends1654

Legends1654 Blue Snail

Nov 1, 2022
    4:16 PM
    Hey guys. I am an returning player who was expecting to log on to a Halloween event. I always found it easier to enjoy the game with the extra population when there is something going on. The extra exp and new content can be quite nice

Is there still a good amount of event content every year? I was told by my guild mates that events are usually either combined, posted late, or skipped entirely nowadays. The best part of maplestory for me growing up was to enjoy the event the game had to offer on the day or days leading up to the holiday. I can’t be the only one who went to take screenshots on the Christmas tree on Christmas, and not the days or weeks afterwards.

Anyone know what’s going on? Ch 1 fm looks like ch 7 :// I know the events can help bring back a lot of players

2. LuisJ

LuisJ King Slime

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    3:16 PM
    LuisJ
    Hero
    Dw we will get Halloween event in like December

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. OP
    OP
    Legends1654

Legends1654 Blue Snail

Nov 1, 2022
    Don’t you think this is a problem? Unless you are being satirical and actually agreeing with the problems that I have pointed out..

I wouldn’t even mind if they recycled old events with minor tweaks if this is just a problem with understaffing.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:16 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    We already got a patch a few weeks ago, so i wouldn't really mind waiting till december for the next event.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. OP
    OP
    Legends1654

Legends1654 Blue Snail

Nov 1, 2022
    I’m mostly referring to getting a Halloween themed event in the middle of December, if what that guy said above is true.

Do people generally not have a problem with this discrepancy? Getting a holiday themed event more than a month after it has already passed?

6. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    2:16 PM
    Corsair
    I just think it's goofy idk. Staff already works hard enough. the events being behind schedule is unfortunate, but everything that can be done is being done. No sense in getting worked up about it. We crack jokes about it because we want the events to come out on time, but getting upset over it is just silly. Personally I'm thankful staff works as hard as they do and I couldn't possibly ask more of them.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Well, it usually gets combined, like last year there was a "spooky christmas". Initially a lot of people in the community were frustrated with the late events, but the events have been late/combined/skipped for a long time now and we have mostly just accepted that this is the way it is going to be.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    10:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    As Kimmy mentioned in our latest Discord announcement, we're working on a Halloween event this year, which is not gonna be bundled with Christmas.
    Slightly later than actual Halloween, yes, but it's coming.

• Great Work x 12
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  9. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    You just gotta remember how much staff we have who work on this game, for free, on their free time.

It's fantastic when stuff comes out as expected, but we always need to understand why things don't work out exactly as we had it on the official servers over a decade ago. This kind of stuff just can't happen with the amount of resources they have, and we need to be okay with the pace they take, regardless how excited we are for the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    GOD THESE VOLUNTEERS DON'T WORK FAST ENOUGH. WE'RE NOT PAYING YOU $0 TO LAZE AROUND ALL DAY.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:16 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I dont wanna be rude, but the events here is the better ones, almost every patch bring alot of game change, nerf, buff, balances, etc.. so, dont worry if it take a bit more time than usual

12. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    we also currently only have 1 dev (the amazing, incredible PastaPasta) who is juggling balancing requests from balance team, event implementations, bug reports from users, not to mention gameplay QoL changes from the suggestion forums... And still also trying to add in the challenges system in the meantime!! This man carries the whole team on his back! And he still has a full time job as well outside of mushroom game development. But yes like he said... Halloween event soon TM

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    What a pastamancer, this man carries gigabytes of code on his saucy back!

14. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    4:16 AM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    This ain't a professional server with a professional team taking care of it.

Would I like if events came out on time? Sure I'd love it, but I'm also aware we don't pay kimmy and the team anything. So I don't expect premium service. If it comes it comes. Its mushroom game, I'm sure I'll find something to do until kimmy and Co release whatever their planning to us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Why do you require an active event to play/login? I dont understand zz

16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    This particular part of your message somehow didn't get a lot of attention (despite the load of disagrees) so I wanted to mention it specifically.
    Staff has mentioned in the past that they could save time by copypasting/recycling old events, but I do believe the large majority of the server prefers original/new/creative/fresh events with a slight delay over having events timed properly but it just being a copypaste.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    How did you become a developer, what did you have to learn?