1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Happy 7th birthday MapleLegends!

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    9:24 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Happy bday Legends and congrats Kimberly for managing to keep this thing going for so long! MapleF11

• Like Like x 1
  2. TallBird

TallBird Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    3:24 AM
    CrumbCake
    Crossbowman
    none
    I was originally gonna make a regular post for this, but this is a much better place for it.
    I've played the og MapleStory since its 2nd anniversary and I've stuck with it until about a year or so ago. Despite all the flashy content and players it still has, it felt so hollow, empty and downright lonely. I guess it's just something to be expected when you're growing up and changing as much as the game is; as the years pass, all your friends move on to other things, one by one. I felt like maybe I had just finally grown out of MapleStory.

Then I discovered MapleLegends.

I've played on a lot of different private servers; ones that were both pre-BB and post-BB. But none have ever given me the feeling that I get when I play MapleLegends. I joined up in its earlier years (I think maybe its 2nd year as well coincidentally) just purely on a whim. Did the fun I always remembered having with Maple actually have any substance, or was it just purely nostalgia? Well, for me, the answer is a little bit of both. I'm definitely nostalgic for MapleStory, but MapleLegends proved to me that the fun was absolutely there. Despite Legends having considerably less player than GMS, it feels infinitely livelier. Just within my first couple months in the server I met and played with way more people than I had in a year in modern GMS. Firing up Legends is like stepping through time, back to when I was a kid. A simpler time when I could escape reality with my friends for a few hours and go on adventures with them, or just sit around Henesys and talk till we log out. Discovering MapleLegends was rediscovering MapleStory. Walking through all the old maps and listening to the classic music... it genuinely brought tears to my eyes. I know running a server like this is a ton of work, especially when you're not really being paid for it, but I just wanted to say thank you to Kimmy and the staff for sticking with it for so long. It's seriously appreciated WAY MORE than you know. I know MapleLegends, like all great things, will eventually come to an end, but until then, I'm going to savor every moment and make more fond memories I'll cherish forever.

Happy Birthday MapleLegends! happymush:heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1