1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Here is an idea

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Clown, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    11:16 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Hello people/GM's,

I love to check the forums on a daily base, and when doing this I see a lot of "Farewell labels". When checking out these post, normally the main reason for quitting is: "Maple takes up too much of my time" “It is either playing a lot or not playing at all”. Of course there are other reasons but these I see the most. I notice this myself too, whenever something happens in real life, whether this is a grade, cancelling plans with friends, or even skip watching some tv with the family I look back and am disappointed with the decision I made. But at that moment I wasn't able to choose this (to me) more important option because there was stuff to do in game.

Let's face the facts maple is addicting, which doesn't have to be a bad thing. This means it is something you enjoy doing. But it is bad when it leads to negative consequences in your "outside maple" life. I feel like at the current situation people only see quitting as a way out, at least I do.

For me I know when I need to get offline before I get online but when in game there are so many things I just want to finish before logging off.

The idea:
    Therefor I would like to suggest a new option added to the game:
    Somewhere in game or on the forums/website, you are able to log in with your account and set the amount of time you want to play each day during the coming week. After that you will be logged out automatically and not able to log back in until the next day.

It might sound like a stupid idea but for me, and maybe others this would prevent maple influencing our lives too much, and would keep it a fun hobby instead of an addiction.

Any ideas/feedback is welcome. Also I know the staff is very busy and I appreciate everything they do for us. If I am the only person benefiting from this + it takes a lot of time to implement (if it is even possible) please ignore this. Yet I still think this might help some people.

I made this post because of a Dutch proverb called :” niet geschoten is altijd mis” which roughly translate in if you don’t try something it will never happen.

2. Dulce

Dulce Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Dulce
    Hermit
    Staff
    i think you are more addicted to the forum and therefore you should first ask for a forum timer than for a game timer ;p

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Lol. maybe that too ;p.

Edit: But please focus on the main idea here.

4. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    :( Need a pro version for it to work ;/.

Edit: Also I do truly believe it will be for the server a + when such a thing is implemented internaly. So it will help everyone.

6. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    TL;DR I can't balance my real life and maple once I start playing, so I want an option that forces me to stop playing at some point.

Idk, not hating but it sounds silly to me. If you got no real control it's best to not even start...
    Like c'mon you're old enough.

7. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    6:16 AM

What does age have to do with addiction?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Age = Maturity (Or atleast it should be that way..)

If you're not mature enough to stop something you started then atleast be mature enough not to start something that might be addicting. If you fail at that aswell then...
    I know we're talking addictions here, but I don't wanna put this on the same level as drugs for example.
    If you can't keep your game times in check that's pretty sad to hear.

Ugh, yeah I guess age was the wrong word to use here. Maturity was what I was going for.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tarte

Tarte Chronos

Oct 19, 2015
    Female
    4:16 AM
    Lullabies
    Bishop
    Demure
    It's easy to lose track of time playing Maple, but I think the automatic logout idea will aggravate people more than it would help. If you want to limit your time on Maple, you should do it yourself. Set a phone alarm or a regular timer and log off when it rings. I think most of the players on this PS are adults, so they should have the ability to properly manage time, or start learning with a way that works for them, not a way thats forced.

• Like Like x 3
  10. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
  11. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Is it forced though when you set it yourself?

12. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    And I get what ur saying, there for I included "If I am the only person benefiting from this + it takes a lot of time to implement (if it is even possible) please ignore this."
    I dont see how this would hurt anyone though since there is no obligation to use it. But if I am the only person who would use this I dont think it is worth it ;p.

13. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    If you just want to force yourself, adjust your computer's settings and trigger a forced restart at a specific time. When everything shuts down on you, get up and walk away.

14. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Also, quitting is the only way out for anything you do in life. People quit because they replace the things they were doing with other things they want to do.

Why wouldn't you quit when you want to stop playing? It's the only choice.

Examples:
    Want to stop smoking? Quit smoking.
    Want to eat healthier? Quit eating junk food.
    Want to get better grades? Quit everything else and study 24/7.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Your suggestion is exactly that. Setting it on site, by yourself

16. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Oke thanks for the feedback ;p.
    Guess this wasn't such a good idea as I expected.
    (At least not for everyone else)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  17. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:16 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Choose life. don't jump.

18. botjake

botjake King Slime

Aug 4, 2015
    Male
    6:16 AM
    Judge
    I/L Mage
    It is a good idea, but you should just learn self control and get shit done and stop sitting around on the computer all day.

19. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    12:16 PM
    You have been playing MapleStory for 3 hour(s). We suggest you take a break. If you don't, we will force one on you in 1 hour(s).
    FoxXD

• Like Like x 2
  20. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Everyone thinks it such a bad idea, so I dont really feel like it would lead to anything to defend my idea, yet I am confused whether people read my idea correctly. Only you are able to set a certain play duration for YOURSELF. Noone is "forcing" you but you. If you use this proposed option is purely up to you. The game will only help you to not break ur set schedule if you wish to use this option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.