1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Here is another idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Clown, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    10:47 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Hello people,

I was watching twix's 24 hour stream today (go check it out) and she was killing a lot of bosses. Some area bosses are located in an area where if you change channels to kill the boss on every channel you will get sent back a couple of maps. To me this adds to the experience of how it was in old gms. Also this will maybe prevent people from killing bosses on every map since it will become more time consuming and let someone else kill one too. Yet there is a trick to prevent getting sent back (enter fm and then change channel).

In my opinion this shouldn't be possible and I want to know your thoughts on removing this "tactic".

The idea
    Basically my idea is that whenever you enter fm, in a map where if you change channels you would get sent back, you will get the same result and get sent back to the same map as if you were cc ing.

2. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    5:47 AM
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Just disable going to FM in the maps that warp you back, much like how mini-dungeons work.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    2:47 AM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    The use of FM to change channels and go back to the map you were on is a great function to gameplay.
    With roughly only 100 people playing on the server at any given moment, the chances that two people are gonna be "fighting" over killing a specific mini boss at any given time and racing to cc to different channels is extremely low / nonexistant.

Kudos to the player who runs a timer for a mini boss and makes the effort to keep up with the spawn timer and kill that specific mini boss.

If that player utilizes FM access to kill all 4 channels before another player then spoils go to the victor. 2nd player should (if serious about the mini boss) be waiting in the map before the respawn.

If there were a lot more players online (1000+) and people actually hunted mini bosses on the regular then sure it could be looked at. But with only 100, most of who are either grinding away or pqing (or FM whoring ;) ) you shouldnt have any trouble finding a mini boss to kill for the most part.

4. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    This can't be true. I've played consistently only for the last 11 days, and three times I can remember racing for bosses. One time at dyle where I was on c4 waiting for a boss, killed it and found another player killing c3 and the most recent time was at zmush, where there was a hermit ahead of me, so I went from c1>c4 because I knew I couldn't out race them.

I have no problem with not being kicked out of boss maps, I think the problem is more that its unintuitive. If the exploit is to be kept in, just remove the limits of cc'ing on these maps. I doubt I would of ever figured the trick out if I wasn't shown.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SadBoyfriend

SadBoyfriend Slime

Nov 26, 2015
    Male
    4:47 AM
    I think these are some great, thought out suggestions. But don't you think you're being overly critical for an old school MS -private server-?

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hah. Overly critical? It does seem like an exploit/abuse of FM button.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    If you're gonna disable this you might as well disable using buffs in the FM. That's just as much an exploit/abuse/unGMS-like.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Yeah I actually thought about this too, yet I do not think anyone would benifit from this begin removed while people will benifit from my idea...

9. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    11:47 AM
    This just seems to me like a breach in the game rules that should be obviously and immediately fixed. When you automatically redirect a player if he changes channel, but "forget" to commit so when he teleports to FM and then CCs, that's an accidental loophole which breaks out due to the private server circumstances (having the trade/market button warp you to FM). This isn't about having the game harder or fair, it's about making it logical, and in order for it to be logical, one of the rules need to be cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    But face it, if you're in a situation when you're not a hermit and racing another hermit for the kill... you're gonna lose in that situation regardless even if the exploit isn't there. So there's no benefit to you to take it out in a race you would lose either way.

If anything you as a non hermit benefit from this by being able to cc and NOT have to walk that distance in a different channel. Take out the exploit and you now have to cc and walk all those maps, and the hermit wI'll cc and FJ the whole way and pass you forcing you to again cc before you even reach the boss.

I can actually see hermits arguing to take the exploit out because they now lose the advantage of their class skill Flash jump to overtake people in a "race". Nonhermits benefit from this "exploit"

If you're a non hermit arguing to remove this funtion, you're arguing to give yourself a disadvantage rather than leave the function in and balance out the "racing" for all classes

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  11. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    I'm trying to be unbiased though. Yes, for me this bug is a good thing because I can camp all channels at once and not have to race if it comes down to it; but regardless, its hardly fair. The reason that it forced you out of these maps in the first place is to stop people camping bosses on multiple channels and giving everyone a chance. If the bug was patched then I would be forced to camp one channel, and the hermit camp another channel, just as it would of been in GMS.

A totally different situation tho, and having a HS/MW/w,e mule in FM is a little exploitative too. I just don't think its really relevant in this discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    What's stopping you from camping one channel and a hermit another channel right now?

Even with the fm function there, you still have to killthe boss before moving to the next channel. Just like GMS, you should do that right now too. The fm function doesn't prohibit you from doing that.

It's impossible to camp all four channels at once, fm function there or not.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It is relevant seeing as it comes from the same unGMS-like feature and the reason for having this removed for OP is it being exactly that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    How do people benefit from your idea? And why do people need more benefits?
    FoxF6

15. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Im glad with this
    More access to bosses for everyone? Because it would no longer be able for 1 person to do all bosses in less then 30 min?

16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Aha well I only see the downside of people having to walk/teleport/flashjump/whateveritisyoudotomovearound more and like bboko said kudos to the player that runs a timer.

My ideal would be remove the FM button completely and make the boss spawn times more random (instead of the 10% now maybe around 50%).

17. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Even in GMS if you were hard core about hunting minibosses you had their spawn times on total lock down and you would still kill them all OnionCourage or at least 10-15 out of 20 channels depending on the popularity of their world.

All the casuals would be left in the same position.. QQing like OnionF4because they would never find them unless they knew the respawn time on a particular channel and also chose to camp out in just that channel on time.

They could get lucky from time to time if they stumbled into another channel with a boss who just spawned ... but otherwise, GG.OnionGlass

• Like Like x 4
  18. Betwixt

Betwixt Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Feb 16, 2015
    1:47 AM
    Betwixt
    Night Lord
    Salty/Demure
    While the FM use is most definitely a bit of an unfair advantage, also keep in mind something that has been brought up a few times.

Regardless of the FM trick, it's all about the timers in the end. Even with the FM use in mind, there are people who beat me to the channels anyway and took the boss spawn. This happened on live stream, so it's not necessarily saying that having the FM knowledge beneath your belt is an end-all. In all seriousness, I think that the FM usage makes it MORE fair for those who know about it, because then EVERYONE can compete with hermits in terms of racing to boss. The maps to Jrog and MM are long and tedious unless you're a hermit with FJ. Mages with Teleport have a bit of an easy time as well, but, FJ is the end-all in mobility spells as many have come to terms with. I think that one of the better courses of actions, implying they don't take the removal option, would be to properly educate everyone in the use of this.

You can argue this is publicly showing an exploit, yes, however; What does this take away from the experience Nostalgia withheld? It makes bosses more competitive in the sense of where it's not the hermits/NLs who have the large advantage when more than one person have the timer. While FJ/Teleport will still provide a small boost in speed, it's no where near as large due to the fact there aren't as many maps to traverse any longer.

I'm all for either option; Removal/Fixing or Education, I just figured that some of you would like to see another side of the spectrum. As someone who is a hermit and has the benefits of Flash Jump + Haste, I honestly think it'd be a little more balancing to keep it and let others know about it, but I can see the moral argument of needing to remove it as well.

This is all I have to say, and won't be replying to the topic any further. Hope you guys take this into mind, and have a great time Mapling. :)